Cyberpunk 2077: PC graphics benchmark analysis review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2020.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This folks is the definition of a troll.

xIcarus, SamuelL421 and Loophole35 like this.
  2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    The man (or woman) is just butthurt.

Loophole35 likes this.
  3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    It runs fine for me, but I built a rig 5 months ago. To avoid suffering, this game demands a blood sacrifice to the PC building gods.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The game runs fine here (with DLSS), looks a bit blurry, but my problem is with all the bugs. Walking through elevator doors, floating briefcase, flickering textures, flashing tyre marks. I've been shot up in the air while driving at least 4 times. It's just a weird mess of bugs.

5. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Latest Nvidia driver and a 1080ti connected egpu worked fine to a little GPD WinMax (ultra mobile 4-core). This was running Ultra settings at the GPD's native 720p resolution - no stuttering at all so I can tell you that a baby quad core is enough to feed it at 720p, safe to say that a faster 4c/8t system can likely feed the GPU without issue at 1080p/1440p...

Assuming this is a serious question, but yes - it should run near maxed out at 1440p with that setup.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Messed around a bit more on my laptop. Used DF's recommended settings and DLSS balanced I'm hovering around 80FPS and will drop into the 70's when driving. This is at 1080p if I turn off DLSS all together I'm around the 60FPS mark with dips to the low 50's. All in all not bad for a $1,300 laptop.

Undying, Noisiv and DannyD like this.
  7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

DF is a compulsory. In case someone missed it:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-cyberpunk-2077-pc-best-settings

I've seen some of those graphical glitches. I noticed that switching Ray Tracing Lightning ON fixes some distant flickering.

As for the gameplay... love the vertical dimension of pathfinding, jumping and climbing. Its like a mix of Deus Ex, Dishonored but more open like Just Cause. Nothing revolutionary, except for the Ray Tracing. I wasn't hyped at all because games do not excite me these days, but now I'm totally in and sinking further. I cant stop playing :D

PS
    Although I did appreciate RT in Control, Metro, W:YB etc, it wasn't nowhere near as exhilarating.
    Why is Ray Tracing is giving me such a hard on in this game? :oops:

Loophole35 likes this.
  8. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    My friend says he's getting much higher performance on the previous nvidia drivers. 457.30 I believe.

He's running a 3600 + 3080 system.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I was getting slightly higher as well but flickering fog and random artifacts were abundant. At one point I could see trees through a car door and two buildings.

Played for a couple hours last night on my desktop. Was around 50-60 (saw some areas that I got up to the low 70's) using the DF settings. Totally playable with G-sync. Id like a bit more performance but honestly this is fine CDPR should focus on the bugs and to address performance just yet IMHO.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  10. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    a little disappointed in how dlss looks on fhd and qhd
    in 4K Quality mode,yes,it's amazing,but I checked 1440p and even in quality it's inaccurate and loses some small detail

I'd still take dlss version if it allows me to play with RT, it's out of this world. even medium rt adds the reflectiion quality,shadows and ambient occlusion that frankly make rasterized version look garbage in comparison,even tho on its own non-rt ultra is still very appealing.

there's no way you should turn rt shadows in this game off
    it may make little difference in the scenes they chose
    in the open they make a world of difference

https://www.purepc.pl/misc/img_comp..._czego_potrzeba_do_grania_na_ultra_nc29_b.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Noisiv likes this.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    you are talking about DF's recommended settings? agreed!
    cant believe how well the game runs with all the RT goodness on.
    it crashed ONCE, and once I decided to restart because GPU was not at 99% (after sneaking in the same mission for an entire hour, something cpu-wise)

still having the same problem: CANT STOP PLAYING :eek:

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I heard the story is good and RT looks friggin amazing,not touching this until I get my hands on a 3060ti at the very least.

Noisiv likes this.
  13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Actually, the memory pool fix does work. However, this also seems to stop steam from uploading the latest save to the cloud properly. Got to disable "Run as Administrator" to fix this fix.

(edit: apparently this fix never worked)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I would not expect 3060 to actually run this with raytracing if 3080 is having a hard time.

15. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Actually it does, but you need to lower the resolution to FullHD or maybe 1440p. 4K definitively not. Also "run" means around 40 FPS with DLSS enabled.

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    3060ti you'll be getting medium RT and framerates more than acceptable on a controller but still too slow for kb+m
    playing this like proper shooter with RT - not this generation

there is no 3060

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Enjoy.....

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    FIXED that for ya' :D

[​IMG]

Loophole35 likes this.
  19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    PC HOT FIX 1.05
    • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
    • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
    • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
    • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
    • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
    • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
    • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    the patch is live for pc ?