CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The bug that's getting to me is the night traffic. No one uses their headlights at night and it's rather scary and dangerous to drive.

In a place called Night City, headlights seem especially important.

Gandul and The Phoenix like this.
  2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    OK, I didn't know INGAME GI was separate from RT in the game.

But RESHADE's GI is screen space only, vs global of whatever settings the ingame GI is supposed to be (mean it enables GI even on objects and geometry when off screen). I wanted to compare quality vs performance from someone with a shader heavy GPU like a 5800/6800 +X/XT variants and the 2xxx/3xxx RTX's.

On screen GI might be enough visual fidelity and give an uplift in performance. Maybe.

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Mmmh problem is you cannot totally disable the game's GI, it's part of the game engine. Maybe fiddling with the inis might allow you to do so, but I repeat, you would add a screen space effect to an already existing solution. Besides, we all know how this reshade tanks performance. In any case, you can try and report back, that doesn't hurt. :D

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its no placebo! I already posted this here 2 days ago....and my results as well...

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    @ sertopico - I have a potato GPU 1060 with 3GB VRAM so cannot do the tests myself! LOL!

So am asking a favor from the Gurus here with Big Boi GPUs! :D

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Oh, I just saw your GPU. Sorry hehe! I'd try it if I had it, but I wouldn't pay for smth I will never use, I am not a big fan of it. I mean, I appreciate the efforts, but I tend to play games the way they are designed. Maybe somebody has the reshade and can tell if it's worth a try.

Valken likes this.
  7. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Hi ,
    I have a problem with remapping keyboard keys...
    After some key is remapped it will have double function, the previous and the new one...
    Anyone has the same issue and know how to resolve it?

Thanks

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I'm at a point now where I haven't touched the game since Friday due to the terrible performance I'm getting, was kinda expecting it since my rig is just too outdated so it wouldn't be fair of me to criticise the game because of that ( probably will though ). Only holding my refund back atm to see if CD Projekt will bring out a patch with more optimisations but I think for me the situation can't be salvaged without a significant hardware upgrade which I'm not willing to invest on at this point just to play 1 game when all my other games still run fine.

While you can't really compare apples to apples when it comes to games I still find it perplexing that to get somewhat playable frames in CP 2077 I have to run it basically all low and it looks like ass, yet I got games like the Division series or RDR2 that I can run at higher settings and the performance and visual quality far surpasses what I'm seeing on the screen with CP 2077.

Some thoughts about the game based on what I did manage to play so far which is a little bit into Act 2:

- Not super drawn into the story, I find a lot of the characters have been a bit too edgy just for the sake of it and the game didn't feel like it was doing a very good job introducing characters to you. People just sort of call you out of the blue... Like, dude! how did you get my number ??? Also a lot of the characters you meet in the game are kinda dicks ( or the ones I've met so far at least ) and I'm having hard time caring what happens to them.
    Was actually kinda glad when Jackie died off, I found the guy clichèd and annoying.

- The way the city has been crafted is nothing short of outstanding. The architechture and the streets are gorgeous and visually exciting. Took a 30 minute stroll through the city and I was in awe, constantly stopping to just marvel at it all.

- Aesthetics aside the city feels a bit shallow, you see a lot of shops with neon signs that say they are open but the doors are always locked. You might see a cool looking place in the distance and go take a look only to find not a whole lot. Witcher 3 suffered from this to a degree though.

- The UI is pretty clunky but serviceable

- I found the combat to be kinda clunky too though again this is probably due to my poor performance I was getting but the guns I did use all felt a bit wimpy and the enemies seemed as spongy or even spongier than say the ones in the division games which isn't a massive issue for me personally. I suspect this would change as one levels up and gets better stuff.

- Couldn't get on with the stealth mechanics but quite possibly a failure on my part ie. "git gud n00b!"

A lot of the other issues have been covered to death by others here or elsewhere so not going to get into that. but I will add that I haven't had any crashes or any of the goofy glitches others have been experiencing so on that front it's been a positive experience.

Overall I feel kinda deflated and like this is a fitting end for this weird year and I think a lot of the flak this game is getting is mostly deserved but I have some faith in CDPR that they'll fix this in the end. I think the game landed at a weird place in time where it was too ambitious for the generation it was announced for and not quite ready for the next generation they in the end aimed it at. So yeah, a mixed bag for me at best but who knows, they might manage to optimise the performance a bit more in the coming weeks and if so, I might dive in and play more and end up eating my words.

9. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Digital foundry are the only ones circle jerking to anything nvidia... with the recent activity with hardware unboxed, and the fact that digital foundry were the only ones allowed by nvidia to show early performance of the 30 series, this is hardly a surprise.

Linus and everyone else recommends dlss because it provides a performance boost at a "close to native resolution image quality", and all say you shouldn't be using anything other than dlss quality, as anything else downgrades quality too much.

But lets be real now, peoples vision differs alot, hence why some have perfect vision, and others have a significantly impaired vision, even with glasses. If you can't see the fact that it becomes alot more blurry and less detailed with dlss vs native, it's probably down to a vision strength issue, and my guess is that you are either in need of glasses, or have glasses and need to have a checkup. It's like my old mother who couldn't tell the difference after i upgraded her 720p tv to a 4k one. Her vision is simply too poor to tell the difference, even despite the fact that she has glasses.

You aren't running 4k, so you will need to click on the images and make them fullscreen to see the difference, but if you honestly can't see the difference on the 2 images below, then i stand by the above^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jura11, nikobellic and Valken like this.
  12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    OK after seeing that Twitter post, I will buy Cyberpunk when they fix the bugs plus when I get a new GPU/CPU combo. It was my plan all along.

Class act game company and publisher all the way!

13. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    So, it's DF sucking up Nvidia? That's a nice way to generalize.
    I guess this guy's sucking up, too?

Is this a prime example of self-documentary?
    I guess it's very hard for some people to agree to disagree.
    Yes, I am running 4K. I use LG38GN950 Ultrawide and LG OLED65E8 both connected to PC in my gaming room. :)

Gandul likes this.
  14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    As it happens I was playing with this just last night, and was going to make a post :)

So -- for those who don't have RTX cards, or for those that do but don't want the huge RTX hit, and still want some form of improved lighting, global illumination, and improved AO there is Marty McFly's RTGI shader for Reshade.

Here are some samples. For all the in-game pics the settings are Ultra-everything (Ultra preset) with only Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration disabled, no RTX (I don't have an RTX card). Click images for full size.

Ultra No RTX
    [​IMG]

Ultra No RTX with RTGI
    [​IMG]

Notice how the lamp's own light is reflected off the floor, the much better AO on the sofa and the desk, and the in-game reflected light on the desk reflecting on the bottles.

Ultra No RTX
    [​IMG]

Ultra No RTX with RTGI
    [​IMG]

RTGI's AO implementation is so much better than the in-game AO. You can see how the game doesn't apply any AO at all to certain elements, like the chair, the monitor on the desk, the pack of food on the desk, or the wires on the wall which RTGI fixes.

Ultra No RTX
    [​IMG]

Ultra No RTX with RTGI
    [​IMG]

You can see here how the neon lights cast their own light and shadows on the roof, as well as on the vending machine in addition to light reflected back from the floor.

Ultra No RTX
    [​IMG]

Ultra No RTX with RTGI
    [​IMG]

You can see again the blue and pink lights casting their own light onto the walls, the light from the bar reflecting back onto the barman, and the improved AO adding depth.

Of course, RTGI cannot do mirror reflections like RTX can, but it's doing a pretty darn good job of everything else especially global illumination and AO.

Also of course, there's no free lunch :) RTGI is Reshade's most demanding shader (no surprise there, given what it's doing) so it will still have a chunky FPS hit, but it will be less of a hit than RTX and so may be a preferred better balance of FPS and image quality.

In addition to this, you can also add many of Reshade's sharpening shaders such as Smart Sharpen, Adaptive Sharpen, Lumasharpen, CAS etc to counter the forced TAA in the game which are better and more configurable than NV CP's 'sharp' control, or the filters provided with Freestyle.

These are the RTGI settings I used for these shots (but it's worth tweaking to find your preferred visuals/FPS trade-off):

[​IMG]

Edit: Oh geez the image compression is terrible, let me know if you'd like higher quality images.

Edit: To make it easier to compare before/after, I've uploaded Juxtaposed images here (you can drag a slider to compare them). Not sure if this can be embedded in forums, if so I'll replace the images above with it, if someone knows how.

1) https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=ff5ad5bc-3ded-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df
    2) https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=2c8bb1aa-3dee-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df
    3) https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=4008b048-3dee-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df
    4) https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=93ce79ee-3dec-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    With everything going on, it basically can't be interpreted any other way.

All screenshots you have posted have been 3440x1440, which isn't 4k. Your OLED is a tv, and i bet you aren't sitting as close to it as you would with a monitor, thus won't be able to see differences in detail nearly aswell as you would with a monitor.

It's a fact that dlss makes the image more blurry and less detailed, as is very evident on my screenshots, and anyone claiming otherwise is wrong - be it due to nvidia-fanboyism, or actual inability see the difference for whatever reason.

16. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    First of all, are you sure your eyes are ok? Those screenshots are in 3840x1600. Not 3440x1440. :)

Below two are screenshots taken in Wolfenstein Youngblood by 3DCenter Forum's Blare.
    DLSS actually does provide sharper and more detailed image. They're Dropbox links. Download original PNG files.

Wolfenstein Youngblood 4K Native
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1xxmjw9wwqplrk/Wolfenstein_4K_Native.png?dl=0

Wolfenstein Youngblood DLSS
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojubqoteazdcp2s/Wolfenstein_DLSS.png?dl=0

EDIT: Here's another one. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War taken by Blare.

4K Native
    [​IMG]

DLSS
    [​IMG]

And below two screenshots are taken in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War by me. Again, They're Dropbox links. Download original PNG files. And take a look and tell us which is native and which is DLSS.

Cod Black Ops Cold War Image 1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf0gfxavda6suug/01.png?dl=0

Cod Black Ops Cold War Image 2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zicje2dk9fufw3g/02.png?dl=0

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Gandul and pharma like this.
  17. nikobellic

nikobellic Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 480 8GB OC
    Do the image you provided is that native 4K vs DLSS quality mode? Because there is huge difference in texture quality, if its lower than quality then idk how DF can recommend performance mode at 4K.

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    We are talking cyberpunk here - show me screenshots where you compare native vs dlss. You might not see the difference, but i can guarantee you that i will.

Fyi Wolfenstein is an exception, due to the way the game is rendered (looks like poop in both native and dlss). Both your COD images are super blurry - why would you play with chromatic aberration enabled? It's cancer on the eyes. But even so image 02 is obviously dlss, as it's makes a blurry image even blurrier, removing much of the fine detail.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...ops-cold-war-dlss-2-0-ray-tracing-benchmarks/

"Unfortunately, DLSS noticeably blurs the image, even on Quality Mode. Below you can find some comparison screenshots. As you can clearly see, the native screenshots appear sharper than the DLSS ones. Needless to say that all the other DLSS modes degrade the image quality even further, so we suggest avoiding them (at least for now). The native resolution screenshots are on the left, whereas the DLSS Quality Mode screenshots are on the right."

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    4k native vs 4k ultra raytracing + dlss quality. And yes, the difference in texture quality with dlss enabled is quite staggering.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DLSS in 4K is free performance. Amazing work.

Gandul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.