NVIDIA Geforce 460.79 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2020.

1. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    When I activate a colour profile in DisplayCal profile loader I'm now able to further tweak it using Nvidia's desktop colour settings. Finally, we're able to fine tune gamma (obviously it won't be accurate). This wasn't possible prior to 460.79, previously we had to choose between DisplayCal or Nvidias desktop colour settings. Feature or a bug? o_O

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  2. {WOR}lock

{WOR}lock Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3090
    Echoing what others are saying these drivers are unusable on the 1080ti on a G-Sync monitor. Within a short space of time even just on the desktop I'm getting the GSOD. If I turn off G-Sync this issue goes away, however I've reverted to the previous driver for now.

Shame, whilst I don't expect much in terms of performance change for Pascal I was keen to try out the colour accuracy modes.

3. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No issue at all on my 1080ti and G-Sync monitor with those drivers.

4. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    HDR is broken again with these drivers, elevated blacks across all games. One day it would be nice if Microsoft and Nvidia could come up with a real system for hdr.

Gandul likes this.

5. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    wow actually you are right, i completely forgot i was using nvidia freestyle to color correct those games, and since the color profiles does actually apply this time then the color correction i did with freestyle was the one causing weird colors for me.

Damn this is actually nice.

fluidz likes this.
  6. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @ManuelG - I noticed people on reddit reporting the same issue. This new driver introduced raised blacks in HDR. I'm using a Samsung KS8000, but others with LG OLEDs reported the same thing.

The new correct black level is around 47 in the brightness setting. It used to be fine at 50 before.

BoxChevy likes this.
  7. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    yep cx oled for me, will try 47 but between this driver and cp2077 horrible hdr implementation its been a pretty disappointing day

8. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    then i will go crazy :p

9. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    I continue my test between these drivers and preivous driver 457.51 , definetely less performance on this driver with RTX 3090 (overclock +80/+600) on firestrike normal :
    Detailed scores with 457.51
    Graphics score
    50 105
    Graphics test 1
    251.24 FPS
    Graphics test 2
    192.29 FPS

Detailed scores with 460.79
    Graphics score
    Graphics test 1
    221.50 FPS
    Graphics test 2
    179.5 FPS

almost 30 fps less on GT1 :/ with 460.79

10. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    There are still some places where it flickers in Shadowlands (no I don't mean that gate thing where stuff disappears)

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    did you apply the profile i provided?

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    When playing CP with this driver, I don't get to see the Shadowplay overlay for recording status and FPS, anybody else having this issue?

13. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I tried playing Dying Light to see if fullscreen would use my calibration profile and it no dice, does not work. So this is not isolated to one game, the feature simply does not work as intended for me.

14. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    What happens if you adjust desktop colour settings in NVCP (increase gamma for example), keeping Override to reference mode unticked, then launch Destiny/Dying light in fullscreen, do both games ignore it?

15. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Both games keep the adjusted value.

16. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I haven't been able to get it back into Accurate mode once it switched to Enhanced from fiddling with the NVCP. Setting NVCP back to defaults and reloading the icc profile was not enough to restore Accurate mode. I suspect it will take a reload of the drivers to get it back again.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I gave up on color profiles long ago since they were always hit and miss with games. Nvidias desktop color settings always inferior to a proper profile, plus they will only work on desktop and some apps, not in games.

Best method to avoid all this crap is to calibrate your monitor with colorimeter + the monitors settings. This only way it will apply universally across all apps, games, and with better quality than a profile.

18. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    What monitor you have ? brand and model, please.

19. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I know it's an older game but can anyone check if Batman Arkham Knight is displaying smoke, rain effects etc. They seem to be broken for me but I know they were working on the previous driver. Just interested if it's something I've broken or if it's a driver issue.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the physx driver but no change, thanks.

Gandul likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You should actually be getting a CTD with smoke enabled on this driver, the other effects shouldn't be missing.