CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Some reviews haven't been all that favourable either. Probably because of the poor last gen console performance.

Passus likes this.
  3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    This may be an existing bug but only just experienced it after installing the new update so could be new. Sometimes when your FoV zooms in during dialogue scenes it stays there afterwards meaning you're stuck at 60 FoV, tried adjusting with the slider but didn't work, had to back out to main menu and reload into the game to mend it.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I thought the stock dropped prior to it's release, isn't this like the best selling singleplayer videogame ever?

Performance isn't too good for me, but hey I realize an FX 8320 can only go so far.... really enjoying it, my first death was just walking up to some people fighting because I was wondering what was happening then they turned around and shot me.. lol.

Playing on hard, live and learn... or.. well.. die and then learn.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    All the unfavorable ones i have seen, has been due to (over)focus on bugs, and performance on lowend hardware and old consoles.

My feeling is that bugs shouldnt pull down more than 1 grade at most, as it will get fixed. Cdpr has a good trackrecord in regards to that. Performance is what it is - it is a new crysis situation. Can't have good performance on old / weak hardware if you are trying to push the graphics and world immersion to a new level.

But imo it was simply a mistake releasing the game on the old consoles. No amount of reduction in settings will change the fact that their cpus aint up to the task, as evident from their drops to 15 fps.

Ghosty likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I went ahead and disabled screen space reflections, looks a lot cleaner now.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    DocStr4ngelove and Dragam1337 like this.
  8. People should stop expecting some miraculous patch which would solve all performance issues. There is nothing completely broken per se. The performance increases will be incremental and will take a few moths at least.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I barely notice the quality difference in the medium to higher levels of DLSS so am maxing everything else instead.
    If they patch higher performance in I'll bump up DLSS too.
    It was surprising to find a very small difference in framerate when it matters between performance and balanced so I stuck with balanced.

10. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Danny, do you see the difference between SSR settings?

I ask because I wondered if I could get "just" RT reflection "without" SSR take over. Hence, I briefly fiddled around with the setting and I don't see any differences between SSR Psycho and Disabled. And I don't see SSR cut off in this game even with it enabled. This means reflections are "just" RT.

Therefore, I only speculate that RT settings overrides SSR setting in this game. In other words, if I set RT features enabled, SSR is disabled regardless of its setting.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I'm sure it's just shortterm. When they patched everything stocks will go up. I mean a part of the media has been all over the title, whether it was those flickering lights causing seizures, dongs hanging out of the clothing, the fact that there are only 2 genders and not 1000 like on Fakebook and fps on old consoles from 2013.

They did everything they could to push CDPR into the dirt. It's an adult game without any PC politics and that's why this shouldn't become a hit - in their minds.

Enough talk about this BS, let's enjoy the game. :D

The Phoenix and Dragam1337 like this.
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The fact is this game should of NEVER of been released on older hardware.

The current gen consoles have an install base of around 150 million gamers (see vgchartz) so when they release a game in THIS state....
    [​IMG]

You can bet your life savings that those 150 million gamers are going to be the ones who shout the loudest (even if they didn't buy the game).

Gandul, TR2N and The Phoenix like this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Maybe but i dunno, looks a bit cleaner to me now, also if you disable TAA completely it's advised to disable SSR also.
    But i hear what you're saying.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    PowerK likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  15. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Thanks. Again, that's pure speculation on my part. :D

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The AA toggle from nexus messes the game up, i think it disables dlss.
    just a heads up.

17. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  18. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Built in potato mode?

After seeing reviews and performance at that on last gen, consoles, I dont think it should ben release on ps4 or xbox one, I think all trailers we actual seen of this game where actual from PC verison running on much beefier hardware then ps4/xbox one have. Kill zone debacle come to mind, but that only release on PS3?

Then again i believe this game was NOT ready to be released and was forced out. as it stand IF i get the game it will be for ps5 if and when I get one but It more then likely I wont get for year or 2 which by that time I will probably be getting read to rebuild my pc

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you installed the new video card drivers that were released for the game?

*edit* also, what operating system are you using?

Need to remember the game had NVIDIA RTX Ray Tracing implemented close to release, so a lot of what we saw prior to that was showing the game before having that graphical overhaul.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.