NVIDIA Geforce 460.79 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2020.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    But when I enabled 143, i saw limting to 143, but it wasnt very consistent.

Which one is the smoothest by default v1, v2 or v3?

And does that fps limiter mode have any affect at all or that first one where it says low latency mode? In general speaking nvm Destiny2.

2. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Nvcp Max frame Rate works fine, I've used nvcp to cap the game at 120fps (144hz).
    Background Application Max Frame Rate only works at 20 - 30fps. Setting it to 31fps or higher results in Destiny running at 30fps in the background.

Astyanax likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Which limiter did you use v1 or v3?

4. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    I reverted back to 457.51 to see if the colour profile still works in Destiny, it doesn't. Definitely a driver feature.

Astyanax likes this.

5. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Neither. I edited both options in Nvcp, I haven't played around with inspector yet. I was just pointing out to Astyanax that Destiny supports fps limiting via the driver.

-Tj- likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Cool!, can never tell what does and doesn't work when destiny 2 is involved ha.

fluidz likes this.
  7. GABRIEL MARQUES

GABRIEL MARQUES Guest

GPU:
    2080 SUPER
    This question made me restore windows and update it again, and FINALLY WORKED OUT!

Thank you so much dude, you gave me the tip i needed to solve the problem.

The issue was on something related to windows update

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Warzone still has performance issues. Performance degrades after 4-5 matches, GPU load stays high(95%+) but FPS are halved. Playing in 4K with mixed settings with borderless window and no V-Sync.

9. RyuKeN

RyuKeN Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce TITAN
    HI @ManuelG

Can you alert Respawn Entertainment/EA or you're driver team to fix poor performance on Apex Legend with GTX card.

I have low FPS in specific areas.

This issue is only on the new map Olympus.

Some users have already report this but no action since november.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Massive-fps-drop-season-7/td-p/9697656

Thanks for you're help.

Ps:
    My config is good (Ryzen 5900X, 32Gb, Msi X570 ACE and GTX1080)

10. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Weird, the last time i used this gpu before upgrading to a 3090, i haven't seen any issues with season 7.

The lowest i've seen this game go on Olympus on my 1080 was 72 fps on 1080p insane settings and it only have very low fps sometimes (below 50), it's on the dropship before landing, when you land the fps go high again.

here some clips i have thanks to gfe intant replay before upgrading from last month (november 2020)

This happes also with my 3090 but i guess is normal, the map doesn't load and doesn't even use more than 40% of the gpu on that part.

Are you using the steam or the origin version?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The performance degradation is an ongoing video memory leak in the game, and not Nvidia specific
    Direct3D 12 developers control all aspect of Memory and Video Memory, there is no Driver side automated thing here, else it would be present in every game using D3D12 (and clearly, its not).

Something to note, you might think that gpu usage will drop when vram utilisation goes up, but this is not the case, as i have discovered with my own testing under sitautions where Comitted vram exceeds available by some amount, GPU and memory controller loading actually increase but FPS dives.

Also, I found out why Open Hardware Monitor no longer reports the GPU power,

Nvidia turned nvml.dll into a loader file in R460, some applications require that the dll loaded has versioning info otherwise they don't bother continuing enumeration of the file (like Just cause 2 and nvcuda if some remember with the insider drivers)

12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Any news on the driver shader cache purge issue?

PapaJohn likes this.
  13. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Yeh I'd like to know any progress on this as well please.

14. Ex3cut3r

Ex3cut3r Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
    Yes you are right. Wtf is Microsoft doing? Are they insane. Just installed 460.79 on windows 10 2004 and its fine.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Pro tip, if at any time you notice a game dipping below 40%, set its profile to prefer max, it' stop stutters and getting stuck at lower fps.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ahh Thanks :)

17. Bimmer100

Bimmer100 Guest

GPU:
    2080ti
    Maybe I’m the only one...
    This is the first nvidia driver “ever” to give me a huge problem. Once driver installed I got black screen. And windows boots into black screen. Booted to safe mode to remove driver with ddu. Tried 3 attempts to install 460.79. No go!!!
    9900k, forumul xi mb, 32gb ram, nvme 1tB, asus pg27uq monitor, win10 fully updated. 2080ti everything custom water cooled. been solid since this driver. What a strange glitch? Anyone know how to fix it?

18. NEChris

NEChris Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 3GB
    This is utterly BS. As long as the nvidia uninstallers exist they have never uninstalled all driver files and registry entries completely leading to all kind of problems.

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Leading to potential problems.
    I have never used DDU and from 670 to 2070 cards (and from Win7 to Win10) I have never witnessed any issues by installing new drivers over the old ones.

Not all NV users have troubles related to NV uninstallers. Just some.

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Yup i don't even clean install these days.