8-year-old boy signs contract with Esports club for the sum of $ 33,000

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Jesus you guys are bruttal. You directly assumed the worst . While i do not know if it is the worst . It is equally possible the kid is not full time gaming the article says the kid was able to train most of the days so not every day... Don't know about you but when i was 8 school was about 6 hours ... Homework was at best 1 hour maybe 2 and the rest of the day i was running around screaming or playing my megadrive ! So other than the possibility of the parents actually do the parenting part decent... Those 33k they might saved on a college fund account.

All i want to say jeee please do not assume the worst always .

ZXRaziel likes this.
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    dude, please don't call playing video games "training". I'm 37 and too young to be a get off my lawn guy but some of this lingo is "nucking futs".

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is it not training? If he's practicing towards a particular thing that's literally the definition of training. Doesn't matter if it's a video game, nose picking competition or the olympics.

ZXRaziel and Venix like this.
  4. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Guest

GPU:
    I don't understand why eSport is a thing. I like to play myself, watching it? LMAO NO THANKS. Pointless

ZXRaziel likes this.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    k

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    agree to disagree.

7. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Respectfully, I'm guessing you've never been on the receiving side of envy if you don't understand how alienating it is.

The happiest kids are patiently always being taught useful, natural skills while wanting to excercise them and are never given to much praise. This type of life at 8 years old is the inverted hell of that life. Zero natural skills, no stability and patience, and way to much praise.

Because his parents are being payed for his actions. He's literally a working class citizen at this point the only difference is that this child has no control over his money or his actions. I think they have a saying for this in many languages.

But really, if this type of thing is fine, why can't they simply outsource him to a local landscaping company and have him pick weeds?

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    What ever activity you do for the purpose of getting better at it, it is training, training is not reserved to what ever activity you arbitrary set on your mind as acceptable. When you practice jump shots is training , when you keep trying to break your record on endurance or a sprint day after day you train, when you write random small programs on java is training , when you paint random small objects you training, when you play chess and then review the game to see what you could have done better is training. Same when you play with a team learning to do your role effectively with the purpose of getting better and more effective at it ... It is training .

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Some people "train" their resistance to drugs. Till their bodies collapse or brain melts.

I am quite sure, that this is not about kid spending time in front of screen for prolonged periods of time. But about fact that he is spending that time in pretty toxic environment since 6 y/o.

10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    No, not really. At 8yo I studied, watched anime while playing with Lego and played arcade games like Sonic on a mega drive.

tfam26 likes this.

11. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I agree, my granddaughters are going to start Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu as young as possible and get some experience with being under pressure and to make friends for life. Also so they can protect themselves.

Fox2232 likes this.
  12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    That would be all over the internet really . Also drugs .... Yeah ok that was a low blow , i want to also train my lava resistance till i can swim in lava .....but something tells me no matter how small i start no matter what ..at the end i would burn and melt in there.
    A lot of the arguments here remind me my father after about 2 hour on my mega drive he was forcing me to turn it off ... Saying things like ...that stupid box makes your brain turn off ...and pretty much demanding i watch tv instead ...cause some how that was fine ...if i ever decide to have kids i would never do this to my kids and i will not try to cover em in bubble wrap from "toxic environments" instead i will be there to show him / her that inside such places people just talk and is something is not worth your attention.
    I played wow on 2004 and league of legends on early days while i was on my mid and late teens i was laughing at power ragers , mostly i kept poking to see the results !

13. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Man so many of the posts in this thread...what happened to this forum?

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The cancel culture.