Review: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, it's the value proposition from ZOTAC with a duo of spinners. Targeted at GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER perf levels in a small f...

Review: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC

2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Yeah, it's strange it eats more power than the reference design, yet isn't faster at all, not even a tiny bit. Maybe it has a really bad chip.

3. jctl

jctl Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7600M
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

5. Skyboy

Skyboy Guest

GPU:
    In the final words you said Palit sent you the card, is that the case?
    Did Palit send you a Zotac card? Do they own Zotac?

Also you say another review claims the card has no fan stop on idle.
    This was a review of the non OC version on techpowerup and Zotac have removed fan stop from that version.
    The OC version reviewed here has support fan stop

6. Darksword

Darksword Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 980 Ti
    Typo on last page:

Cooling & noise levels

You've seen the FLIR images; it's not even lighting up. Temps under stress load sits just under 70 degrees C, and that's fine. Acvcvuostics wise this was the loudest card we tested thus far. you'll hit 41~42 DBa under gaming load, which is a notch too much in this day and era. The card exhibitors only very minor amounts of coil whine, no worries there.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Cheers & fixed, both two typos of course.

8. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @hh
    "..and what we test today, the 24GB GDDR6X based premium flagship, the mighty mo, the GeForce RTX 3090..."
    ahhh isnt the review about the 3060ti :rolleyes:

and in you final words, "..and we can only hope that prices will be any higher",
    should say "...won't be any higher..

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You know what - I think I need some vacation ... :)

chainy and fry178 like this.
  10. Freeman

Freeman Master Guru

GPU:
    4060 ti 8gb
    I noticed some complaints on some posts here about new Zotac cards. They mentioned "capacitors" or something.

Customers not happy, but they wont publicly adress it or ... god forbid, change the price.

11. Skyboy

Skyboy Guest

GPU:
    Was this with the 3080? I believe this turned out to be a different issue and a driver update fixed it. While Zotac does use cheaper capacitors it is within Nvidia spec and does work correctly.
    Perhaps not the best for extreme overclocking but at stock there is no problem

12. Skyboy

Skyboy Guest

GPU:
    Probably, so much new hardware to review and then all you get is readers complaining they can't get it.

About fan-stop, I'm fairly sure it is only the non OC that has it disabled and not the version you reviewed. So the report from techpowerup is correct as they had a different version of the card.

This is crazy as it cost's Zotac nothing to enable this feature but they have to justify the much higher price of the OC version and 40mhz on the boost clock is not going to cut it.

13. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @hh
    didnt wanna say it :D

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I think the whole planet needs a vacation after 2020.:p

15. fhawk

fhawk Guest

GPU:
    rx 590

16. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    i do like the zotacs when im building for someone else, as they usually are better than entry level from other brands,
    but i have never seen them matching results from top cards like MSI/Asus

17. fhawk

fhawk Guest

GPU:
    rx 590
    looks like even the founders edtion has a lead in most games over the asus TUF despite the tuf being clocked higher. o_O

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews...-_asus_tuf_msi_gaming_x_trio_gigabyte_eagle/7

18. jctl

jctl Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7600M
    I don't have anything to do with PCDIGA - it's just one of my reference sites here in Portugal.
    I buy stuff there from time to time but nothing more.
    They're usually list new stuff on their site ahead of the competition and I thought people on the forum would like to know the prices.
    I will stop posting prices information from PCDIGA or any other Portuguese site until told otherwise.

19. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    when did i talk about (factory oc) clocks?
    i have installed multiple cards from 10/20xxx series (xx60-ti) and the cards with the best (aka lowest) temps under load are getting the best results, no matter if bench or game.
    part of the reason why my lc 2080S is faster than most (stock) aircooled ti's, and why i dont care about factory oc/clocks, as the boost gets throttled when the chip goes past 43*C.

so far, out of all (aircooled) cards i had (and outside some special cases/cards) , msi gaming are usually the best..

20. fhawk

fhawk Guest

GPU:
    rx 590
    yeah, that's usually the case. but i was just pointing out that the TUF version runs 12-14 degrees cooler than the founders and is also clocked higher out of the box. yet for some reason it's behind the founders in most of the tested games, which i don't get. :/ the results are consistent in both of the review sites that i've linked in the previous comments and it seems like they're surprised as well.