Android 11 rolling out, Samsung updates One UI 3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsung announced the official launch of One UI 3, the latest upgrade coming to select Galaxy devices, bringing an exciting new design, enhanced everyday features and deep customization. The upgrade w...

Android 11 rolling out, Samsung updates One UI 3

2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    If it's any help, Xiaomi is also starting the roll-out of non-beta Android 11 (beta access to 11 has been going on for some time now). Quite a large list of supported devices too, so that's nice :)

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Was happy to learn that my Z Fold 2 will get the update come February, and my Tab S5e in June....not bad Samsung, hope they stick to their three OS updates for each device promise. Also, I think my old Tab S2 was recently updated with a security patch dated Oct 1 IIRC.

4. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    I checked and this was already available for my S20 Ultra 5G. It installed without issue.

So far everything seems snappy and stable.

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Would never use that Xiaomi version, slow as ya like and ad riddled.

Check out arrow os on XDA, been using android 11 for a month now or so and works great on my note 7 pro

6. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    No ads on EU version, and quite snappy. Might try custom firmware when official runs out on my Mi 9T, but no need to for now in my case (don't want to lose widevine).

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    You don't lose widevine btw, but it MIGHT be phone specific is you don't have really good developers or good support.

8. Lordhawkwind

Lordhawkwind Guest

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX970
    I've been running the Android 11 beta from day 1 in the UK and yesterday received a notice that beta was now shut and had a small update to full version. Samsung are getting pretty quick with OS updates and the same with patch updates. I got the 1st December patch with the last beta release.