465.12 GameReady WSL/Developer

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SaiBork, Nov 17, 2020.

1. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    If you DDU and install this driver, you should just have a control panel anyway. It just uses the Windows Store and happens automatically, so it's not as if you need to look for the correct installer.

If you really really dont want to use the Windows Store, just wait for the next proper driver instead of using a Developer driver.

elite69 likes this.
  2. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    I understand but my store on windows 10 does not work neither edge thats why i cant get a control panel.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    last time i had the store in win 10 break, was when my pc hard froze while ms was updating while i was doing a bunch of stuff and i reset my pc and blew up windows in the process.

had to reformat. and ms needs to have a 1 click frack off with updates setting.

you disable UAC that can mess with the store also i read while working on all that.

4. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Yeah, DDU (safe mode), install this driver and use this control panel. And u fine :)
    Imo MS Store not really needed for most users anyway. I deleted mine on purpose.

elite69 likes this.

5. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I think he needs to know how to use the control panel files and needs a guide for it. Are they installable after installing the driver, or do the files need to manually copy/pasted into a specific location.

You've done it on purpose and looks like you have more knowledge on how to do this. For elite69 is sounds more as if it's broken unintentionally and instead of fixing that, hes trying to use a dev driver without knowing how to use a different control panel. Better would be to just get the next standard non-DCH driver instead of trying to force a developer DCH driver.

@elite69 You can try it and see if you can get the control panel working with the given files. If not, you can always redo DDU and install the latest standard non-DCH drivers which aren't specific dev drivers.

6. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Control Panel can be used from any location, I just mentioned default location if needed.

elite69 and SaiBork like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    doing this on purpose doesn't constitute more knowledge, he has effectively ****** his system in the future for certain component updates because they only come through the windows store, leaving security holes wide open.

8. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    First of all i dont use internet on that pc in mater and second i know that my Windows 10 as several bugs since i dont format the pc for 4 years. And i know how to use that driver i instaled the driver on my crapy mx110 2gb ddr5 on my asus vivobook without problems couse store works on that one. And for last i say thanks to the arinoki couse i already instaled the driver and control panel. I just needed a hand couse after being in hospital for almost 2 years with a broken foot and next treat for making me walk again me i did not made a clean instal couse i was in bed and my parents dont undurstand to xxxxxts of my 4 pcs. I need time to back up my games and then make a clean instal. Been moding drivers for years but since the acident i lost my shxxxxt.

9. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Thanks alot for your efort it works without any problems.)

Arinoki likes this.
  10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Thanks bro.)

11. hadewych1200

hadewych1200 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I doubt that they would jump to 465 even they are good Im sure Cyberpunk 2077 Game ready driver is going to be 460.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh.... not likely.

465's for 21h1

13. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G

If not for 21H1, we already have this 465.12 driver, and i keep using them ;)

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    speaking of 21h1, microsoft has been on 20262 for a while now

15. Amoralex

Amoralex New Member

GPU:
    nvidia
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020

16. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes ,i tried a previous developer build ,21h1 builds are too buggy imo..

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You already got an answer.

not happening.

18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    An anglo-American then ?; because you wrote "I don't understand English well" ,That's good English for an American? !!!!...wtf LOL

19. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX
    Great Driver in most games and excellent results with 3090 combined.
    Only in RDR2 have issues. Lost ~10% while gpu stays at only .900mv dont know why is that.
    with latest RDR2 update and 20H2 Windows version.
    Any suggestion?
    Thank you

XantaX likes this.
  20. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    You overclocking this card? that can cause the loss,some games running better with OC than other games, if not OC'ed try to push up your voltage, hope this helps :)

jimpsar likes this.