CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    you don't seem to lack either in training, or in inclination for strategic thought

youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Wow, so this game will launch on PS5 and Series X basically in it's current gen form and will be playable on next gen consoles via backwards compatibility. Then it'll receive a free "full next gen upgrade" at some point next year.

This is actually hilarious. No RT on AMD at launch and PS5 owners basically get a PS4 version of the game. Shocking. I would be pretty pissed if I bought a PS5 to play the PS4 version of the game.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Uh, i love you too!

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hey, Nvidia paid good money ok.....

:x

gmavignier likes this.

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Probably. Nvidia also had the tech in place throughout most of the development cycle, unlike AMD. And let's not pretend CDPR are here to make games for us because they love us. It's cutthroat business and all it comes down to is money. Unless you're some small indie dev, which CDPR obviously aren't.

BTW, AMD having no RT support is far from as bad as PS5 owners basically buying a PS4 version that will be upgraded next year. I think that's straight up rude.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    So according to the geniuses here if you dont think DLSS looks like crap = brainwashed. Hmmm the irony...

Go back to your record players.

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That's just the red army talking about something they've never experienced. Been like this for years.

8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Or the poor army one of the two, don't get me wrong i'm poor myself but i don't go on public forums to make people feel bad for kicks.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I didn´t know that and it´s a really lame move to ship the game like this to next gen consoles. Couldn´t they use a PC version that matched the specs of the PS5 and Xbox?

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The hell wants to play the biggest shooter of the decade on a controller anyways?
    Just sayin'.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Nothing to do with money. It's not like a top end AMD CPU or GPU is cheap.

DannyD likes this.
  12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    The "poor" people who can't afford to spend £700+ on a GPU alone for their gaming rig, when they can pick up a console for half the price. Not my cup of tea, I can't stand controllers, but millions of the "younger" generation have been brought up on controllers.

gmavignier likes this.
  13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    And that's why they will get 0 money from me, especially after all the delays. Patched and discounted is where I see buying it.

AsiJu likes this.
  14. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Who says the game has to be played with all bells & whistles enabled? A gtx1080 will probably still get the job done.

Ppl are so entitled to ultra settings today it's not even funny anymore

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You go on the forums to write things that have no connection to the reality. And you are not alone.

This is the reality:
    And if you check Steam survey today things are very similar. Absolute majority of the gamers have no RT cards, and of course consoles also don't have RT.
    So why would teams like 4A Games invest so many resources into something that absolute majority of the players will not use! And btw 4A Games is not multi-billionaire company, they are not even close to this. In fact this team was involved into some illegal actions during development of the Metro LL, because of the lack of resources.
    Btw, it is not a secret that Nvidia directly "helps" these teams to implement this RT nonsense.

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    TAA most of the time is a blurry mess.DLSS is a underscaling/upscaling option of native monitor resolution,let the game be how it is without that Dlss fake effect.
    Heck,with introduction of DX12/Vulkan the graphics in games are not crystal clear anymore.Everything is hidden under Chromatic aberation & Motion blur effects,lot of smoke from nowhere,fake and cheap TAA,shadows are a joke and so on.Clean Textures without fakery of effects after effects ?good luck with that.
    Control game?a blody smoke and blur effects indoor game.You need a lot of Reshade effects to make clean image.But in final not worth to play that game.

I want to see if CP2077 will have Screen Space Reflections(SSR) efect(if you dont have a RT ready video card),CAS or CHS. https://gpuopen.com/effects/
    With Nvidia hand in hand this game of CDRP could look good with RT On,but at what performance .

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Part of the reason why I do think DLSS could be a worthy feature for myself. Sure the 2080TI isn't bad at all, but I'd like to be closer to the 60fps than the 30 with ray tracing. And I think this time around, RT will show what it can do, compared to traditional lighting and reflections. First step down from "I need to run native RT without DLSS"

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I didn't say that. But how much can you build a decent gaming PC for? You say a 1080 is enough, sure, but they're £200 used on eBay. Throw in a R5 3600 for £220 and you're already over the price of a PS5. All I was saying that there's a market for consoles, those people exist and they will always buy a console for ease of use reasons and price point.

19. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Do not compare PC to the consoles. PC is not only gaming platform, it's a tool with which you can make money, a lot of money.
    Btw, consoles are cheaper but the games for consoles are more expensive.

gmavignier likes this.
  20. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Ok fine. All I'm saying is the difference between a console and a PC that can both run CP2077 is not that great. 'Poor' ppl could totally get a pc instead IF (!) they don't have unrealistic expectations about fps and details.

Consolerors always use the 2500 $ to 500$ argument and I'm so tired about that.

lukas_1987_dion and AsiJu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.