CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    It's both. Many people basically only talk about performance, but like i said we don't have a Crysis situation today, so what's the point.

Someone really needs to grown up. RT will be relevant like in any other game.

2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    AMD owners and those who don't care about RT will be enjoying the game while those obsessed with RT will be staring at the FPS counter. Just watch the people with the most expensive GPUs flooding this thread with "OMG I can't run it at 4K@144 fps, unoptimized trash!%##@!!!"

HandR, Valken, AsiJu and 3 others like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    How about no.

Control is a blurry unoptimized mess, and i've never been impressed with it's visuals, especially at the absurd performance requirements. Exact same situation as with their previous game Quantum Break.

And funny thing is that most of what they have done with raytracing, they could have done with screenspace reflections - but obviously that doesn't work very well as a promo for raytracing, so instead they just entirely turn off the reflections when disabling raytracing, rather than switching to screenspace reflections.

They should have taken the lead from bf5 in that regard - enabling raytracing slightly improves reflections, but the game reverts to screenspace reflections if you turn off raytracing, and does more than fine.

Here is a shot of bf5 in 4k, rendered at 6k, using screenspace reflections, with an fps cap at 58 - absolutely no need for raytracing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    S.T.A.R.A.C. and Turanis like this.
  4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i see a lot of familiar territory in one big game that the developers took ideas\inspiration from. Blade Runner, Tron, Deus Ex. i mean.. what's not to like here ? it looks fine with and without RT,
    the hype should be around the game as a package. don't let the graphic options confuse\ruin it for ya with this game. not worth it.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  6. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I have talked about this many times, even here. They cheat so that people who know nothing about how these things work think how "RT" makes such a huge difference.
    We have a problem with Nvidia brainwashing today.

gmavignier and Dragam1337 like this.
  7. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    When you disable RT, CONTROL uses screenspace reflections, cone traced reflections and probably cubemaps as well, what are you talking about???

Is probably the game with the most amount of SSR out there.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    True, it does use that, but not to the same extent that it uses raytracing.

Regardless, i stand by my point - if done properly, screenspace reflections + high quality cubemaps are more than fine, and ALOT less performance heavy than raytracing.

gmavignier likes this.
  9. Don't waste your time, this dude is pulling comments out of his arse all day long. You are better to ignore his posts completely.

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    He is telling you the truth. They all cheat.
    I was the first here who talked about this in Metro Exodus case. In that game when you disable RT there's no AO, which is unheard to not have this feature today simply because it's not that performance heavy anymore. And it makes huge difference.
    The reason for that is obvious, but of course you have a problem to contemplate this.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the lack of screenspace shadows and lighting in Metro exodus is purely on the developers of metro exodus, stop with the conspiracy that nvidia told them to do it that way.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Nvidia paid them to do it that way.
    Even Indie games have AO!

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Right.
    Yet...

HOW COME
    that with all these all these communist conspiracies to steal our precious bodily fl... I mean to steal all our precious Hardware Resources;
    scummy blackbox Nvidia GameWorks, blurry FXAA, details-losing TAA, shty DLSS, pointless tessellation, stealing of reflections and shadows...

with all these "well documented" regressions and daylight pixel robberies, how come that by now games are not looking like potato, while also running like potato

BUT INSTEAD of that
    Games are looking better than ever, while my 2 years old 2070 Super chews up everything I throw at it, worst case scenario including such heartbreaking monstrosities of - having to dial-down from ULTRA / Lebensraum Einsatz Mein Leben Herr / all the way down to......... High

WHATS GOING ON? Someone needs to look into this!!

AsiJu, drandiiski and serbicu like this.
  15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Prove it, then, or be called a liar.

16. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually the games should look even better, but the reason why they don't is the consoles. This is why we don't have new 2007 Crysis situation, which is if you remember PC exclusive.
    I mean this is so easy to contemplate.

Would you really invest so many resources, money, time, into some secondary feature, just because it's Nvidia! CDPR talked how hard is to implement, and even worse to optimize this so called RT.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    You should be a bit more careful about what you post online, you never know who may be watching.

Unless you have absolute proof of your statement what you posted is clearly defamation and could lead to legal action being taken against both you and the owners of this forum.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The hell is happening in this thread? Conspiracy communist ray traced ambient occlusion?

Guess that is one of them undocumented features...

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    yes
    in the ideal world where devs have unlimited amount of hours to specifically target someones 5 year old hardware, games would look even better.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    chronyism not communism when you use market monopoly as a club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.