Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    As Vega user I can tell there are no issues with these (at least for me)

DanielRX, HK-1 and OnnA like this.
  2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    yeah the cpu will be struggling here mate, i had a 4790k with good ipc and it was at 4.6ghz but couldnt handle bf5 big maps

my 3700X now doesnt break a sweat

Turanis likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Thanks guys, i will consider Installing it.....
    For now everything is working fine, so no rush..:cool:

Anybody with BFV & Vega -> is building buggy? (when hammer in hand - shimering of build places).

4. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Many of you have problems with in drivers... Usually after some installations there may be problems also because you tend to install beta drivers with whql drivers ... Personally I always do a rest with DDU after 4 or 5 drivers and reinstall the drivers cleanly and everything goes smoothly.

Ghosty likes this.

5. Yep; I ended up going to an older Enterprise driver instead (Link works fine on 20.Q3), but in any case, it looks like 20.11.2 specifically breaks Oculus Link.

6. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I just tried a couple of hours of BF1 with DX12 and to my surprise, it is playable now. In the past it was a stutterfest and although there are still some stutters here and there, especially at the beginning of each level, the overall experience is much better now. Frame times are also more consistent with less CPU spikes in the aforementioned scenarios.

P.S: I'll try BFV next.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Passus and OnnA like this.
  7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Pick support & try to build ;)

9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Are you using image sharpening?
    I´m impressed with my modest system ,3200g+5500XT, and i can run all Metro and AC: Odissey at 1080p perfectly.
    Being far from PC gaming for more then 10 years i´m a little rusty.

What settings do you recommend on the drivers?
    Thank you

10. slizersam

slizersam Active Member

GPU:
    Vega64
    what software can we use to test this vulkan addons? :)

Passus likes this.

11. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
  12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    is it not only for 6000 series cards?

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
  14. Oculus Link doesn't work with these drivers either (not the regular 20.11.2 WHQL drivers nor the linked 20.11.2 beta with VRT)

Not sure about VRT extensions specifically, but the drivers installed no problem on my RX 580.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
    Lipici likes this.
  15. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    This driver gave me a TDR while standing still a few minutes during Shadowlands intro. Only Chrome and Msi Afterburner open in background. W10 20H2. First time ever i got one with my 580. Back to 20.4.2, played all night, all good so far.

16. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    off topic, any news about Adrenalin 2021 edition?

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You know its always at the end of the year. Next month at this time probably.

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    well i tried the nov 23rd driver...

minimum clocks cant be set still but overclocking did kick in

gaming however is still crap

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    Yeah, 1742 Mhz on a single monitor, 1750 while using two monitors. Anyway the performance is about the same as before so no worries here for me.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It rounds a bit yeah not sure as to why same when increasing the speed it tends to round a bit, wonder if that's what the new memory Wattman XML property is for whereas I had assumed it to be GDDR6 voltage adjustments that maybe while not implemented could have been planned or will be a future thing for the 6000 series of GPU's but might be some drop or curve adjustment...hmm but that seems a bit weird the VRAM clocks should have a few states and timings but the speeds are mostly fixed it doesn't curve between each it just hops to those. (Idle and full clocks then there's a few different timing modes depending on the clock speeds.)

EDIT: Hmm wonder if that explains the general VRAM sensitivity and instability, AMD's not saying but I do wonder how problematic the memory controller on RDNA1/5000 series of GPU's might actually be.

Thus relaxing it a bit or what these drivers do might greatly improve stability on some GPU's huh should try that in Watch_Dogs Legion where I can barely increase the GPU memory clock speeds above the 1750 / defaults at all before it crashes. (825 Mhz x2 I think that would be.)

Ran through Horizon Zero Dawn at 1800 without issue but had to scale it back for this game and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, not much of a performance difference anyway but finding the most demanding title and absolute stability point is quite a task.
    (Another 50 here in this game no issues and for this game well ... an extra 10, maybe. :p )

Eh it's how it usually goes just that in this case some titles are a little bit more extreme than the usual.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Hypernaut likes this.