Battlefield 5 Fall 2020 Update Has Been Released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This game still alive?

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Barely. I was one of those that stuck with it till like 1-2 months ago (don't as me why), when even I moved on to greener pastures.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    Probably because EA/DICE don't deal with the cheating scandal epidemic within their game. Its good update, I still play it, but still pisses me off how crap EA/DICE in not dealing with the cheaters at all. I hope Battlefield 6 has better protection for its client base. EA are a disgusting company, all about profit and greed and not listening to their community.

fantaskarsef and kakiharaFRS like this.

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    sadly battlefield and pretty much all other online pvp games died a few months after battlefield 4 release, it's roughly then that cheating switched from being a hacker/troll project to being a business, we're past the "geek in it's cave" making them, it's companies with an office a secretary a bank account salaries and all, since the law doesn't consider them for what they are, criminals it's not going to stop anytime soon, not at 15$/month from more than 20'000 customers you can bet they have plenty of cash to continue forever (blizzard sued one in 2017)

DICE is particulary in error since they helped cheaters tremedously from battlefield 4 and on, they had all the tools to defeat cheating with battlelog but not only did they not use them they favored cheaters and people exploiting the game by nerfing everything that was used against them
    - me "dude's a cheater" server admin "no he isn't" me checks player stats "all his weapons had 33.6% accuracy exactly except snipers and shotguns which both had 110% that over thousands of kills also 100% revenge kills" me "sends battlelog link and screenshot of the impossible stats to DICE, one year later account was still there, banning those kind of stats could and should have been automated
    - player "please nerf XM8 it's annoying" me "wth that's the only way to kill aimbot campers (indirect fire)" DICE "it's done"
    - player " please nerf UCAV" me "wth that's the only way to kill aimbot campers (out of their range and LOS)" DICE "it's done"
    - DICE "we're happy to introduce night maps" me "yeah great now aimbots have even more an advantage, no thanks"
    - DICE "you can add rules to block certain types of weapons like grenades" me "you dumb or what ? that's another way of indirect no LOS damage that allowed us to fight aimbots"

that was it for me, the death of multiplayer pvp I just can't play it anymore because I know there are cheaters everywhere
    many years ago I used one of those hacks you found on forums back then and played 7 days with it, was not called out once so I learned two things, 1) in every game there was someone else with a 3d radar/aimbot following me in a manner impossible to do if he also didn't have a 3d radar 2) it's very easy to make it look like you're not cheating very very easy
    back then they where "limited" and we didn't have things like teleport, summon items and whatnot
    I could see weapon in hand/ammo left/health and if I was in a dangerous range or not with his current weapon
    3d positioning
    2d positioning on a map
    tweak the speed of the auto aim/turning
    tweak the amount of recoil so as to not look like you have zero
    give max/min angle values as to be less suspicious and or fake "over-turning"
    etc...don't remember all, that was 20 years ago !
    now they have way more subtle ways to do this, cheats that capture the data between your clean computer and the server, completely invisible no GUI aim assists (mine was a full on cheat overlay)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I bought Battlefield 1 for 5€ and thought it was expensive. Had some fun, been buried for years.
    You can't enjoy a game if you're not confident on the cheat protection.

7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yeah I played it about the same. Once I was pretty decent I realized I just didn't like it that much and it wasn't my skill level. Its just not fun for so many reasons.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I stopped playing do to all the cheating and aim bots. Have not played in almost a year. You can add all the content you want but its not fun with cheaters.

9. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    Dude, I agree 100%. I played BF4, BF1, and 1 was infested and I knew a group that hacked. Then when BFV came out, i was considering buying it when I found out this group of players I played with had a BFV hack at friggin beta. I never bought it, and according to them, the hack has worked since beta, with NO issues. It makes me sick at my stomach, frankly. ALL pvp fps games are totally infested with wall hack and aimbots. And if you think for a second cheating doesnt occur with streamers and pros, you have lost your ever loving mind. Anytime there is this amount of $$$ involved, humans cheat and they do it alot. See steriods, Motorsports, etc. Anything competitive that involves millions of dollars as prizes has people tryna cheat.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Oh yes, how could I forget the cheating. Never in my life have I seen a AAA new(est) in franchise title be abandoned to this extent when it comes to cheating. They have 0 anti-cheat system and the reports (hundreds from me alone) are utterly ignored. When you see blatant hackers with rank 100+ and tons of premium skins you know something is very wrong.