New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Exactly. Beautiful but kinda generic and bland. I talk about console visuals. :rolleyes:

pharma likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looks like a demo trailer.

Skinner likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It's fine but where is Ruby :p

A: Behind the camera ;)

itpro likes this.
  4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    This. I won't accept new enthusiast gpu from ati without ruby's presence.

OnnA likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 1440p DXR ray tracing performance leaks

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-1440p-dxr-ray-tracing-performance-leaks

AMD does see the potential of ray tracing in games. In the new set of slides that we have already seen, the company explains the complexity of rasterization and ray tracing. AMD sees ray tracing as the ultimate solution to recreating reality in graphics, which is typically reserved for offline rendering.

With the launch Radeon RX 6800 series AMD noticed that developers want to ‘judiciously deploy ray tracing to improve realism in their games’. Real-time raytracing will improve image quality but comes at a performance tradeoff. AMD understands that developers are still learning what is the best way to use those ray-traced effects in combination with rasterization. With Radeon RX 6800 series, AMD offers full Microsoft 12 Ultimate support and an extended library of its FidelityFX developer’s tools package to improve the gaming experience.

AMD RDNA2 architecture features a new core type called Ray Accelerator. Each Compute Unit offers one RA, so the RX 6800 XT has 72 Ray Accelerators in total. AMD expects this implementation to offer 10X ray tracing intersection performance compared with software implementation.
    [​IMG]

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, hard to compare 10x with "software" but it's something besides impressive market numbers although I do like the performance graphs at least these provide a good overview of what to expect and with less marketing flair or what to say.
    Now I need to check what NVIDIA said their tech could do and while separate and not directly comparable using software could be a common ground between the two. :)

EDIT: 10x intersection at that and not overall performance but yeah.

8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Retailers, distributors, board partners, and reviewers all confirm that AMD Radeon RX 6800 launch stock is severely limited.
    https://videocardz.com/newz/microcenter-radeon-rx-6800-stock-will-be-extremely-limited-at-launch

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    6800XT drops to 2080ti/3070 performance with DXR/RT ON. AMD asks too much money for these gpus unless you won't turn on Ray Tracing of course.

Even 6900XT should not beat 3080 in RT gaming. Let alone 3090. Now I can see this Nvidia superiority style. I expected that. I wonder what about 6800. Perhaps it will give 2080/2070S RT/DXR gaming performance. We should choose. RTX ON or OFF? I'll skip 2020 it seems.

10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Coming from a known NV troll like you I wouldn't expect much else as this. RT without DLSS on is similar on NV too... oh and AMD will have a similar DLSS-tech.... easier to implement and faster. Wonder if NV will try to copy that too (and name it DLSS 3.0 perhaps?).
    I wrote all along weeks ago, even months that RDNA2 will offer better RT perf than 2080Ti but worse than Ampwhere (6800XT trading blows with 3080, but for less money and higher RAM amount, however having 3070-like RT performance).

lukas_1987_dion and GREGIX like this.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Trolling much? It isn't my fault pal, AMD didn't beat the rule: "you get what you pay for". They confirmed this. That's why they were silent about RT. I will talk again when I see real prices. At the moment, for 50$ more MSRP, you get real RayTracing.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    You mean you get upscaled ray tracing.

HandR, OnnA and Truder like this.
  13. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    ye ye, go troll somewhere else. Fuk rt. Have 2080s, it sucks balz enabled as killing performance, hard.
    AMD slower than competition in first attempt? Who cares? First Nv attemp was disaster. Is disaster.
    How many games u have with REAL RAYTRACING? None. Few games with just 1-3 effects, sometimes doable using standard tech, and game that could look great looks dull, to make "RT" shine. Sometimes literally.

And how many games is without it....go figure. Thousands. RT will matter maybe in next 3 years, not now.
    BTW why Nvidia still sells 1050/1660/ti cards? Someone said, maybe it was jacket man, that "buying card without RT is stupid" or so? Am I remembered this crap correctly?
    Then...what is reason to exist 1660 line?
    Anyone?

14. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Yeah, but it seems owning an NV card makes you blind and ignoring what actually DLSS is. In order to get playable rates you are upscaling 1080p to 2k or 4k LoL.
    But nooo.... you are also ignoring better bang for bucks, lower power consumption, better (or rather - actual OC capability), more memory etc.. Blindness in a perfect "it "pro" " example.

Pressdeck leaked !
    https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800-launch-press-deck-transcript

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    OnnA, lukas_1987_dion and GREGIX like this.
  15. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Sigh look I currently have a 2080ti liquid cooled and a 2070 air cooled in 2 systems, the 2070 was my first card but i was so disappointed in the rubbish performance I got a 2080ti, Months later Nvidia released the supers so yet again my £460.00 card was devalued, I was promised RT on the 2070 by Nvidia which you can have if you dont mind sub 20fps, its a rip off and the fact you can now get a 3070 which beats my £1300 2080ti 2 years later is yet another kick in the teeth from Nvidia, so whatever the 6800xt can do in terms of RT vs the Nvidia cards is good with me, RT is pointless anyway unless your playing solo, online we all know we dial back the details to get the best performance anyway, so having said all that Nvidia can screw because AMD is doing to them what they did to Intel and frankly am going to support them as much as I can, 6800 and a XT incoming I hope.
    I dont care about Driver issues either have never had more issues with AMD cards than Nvidia Cards when it comes to drivers, they both have issues.

Chastity, lukas_1987_dion and GREGIX like this.

16. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Upscaling that Nvidia can also drop support of at a moments notice - people don't like when I say this but in my eyes, DLSS is planned obsolescence, Nvidia can pick and choose which games to support and which cards to support since it relies on profiles. There really needs to be options that can run without the requirement of "tailored support". Just think, new generation of cards come out (that may only have marginal improvements), Nvidia can arbitrarily drop support or otherwise make the previous generation appear worse than it really is. (Thinking back to Kepler)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  17. Rageoverrun

Rageoverrun Member

GPU:
    16GB
    I currently have a 2080ti, but I don't like having DLSS or Raytracing on. I feel like both of those just degrade the look and feel of the game, despite what is advertised. That's why I'm buying based off of pure gaming power, not the optional bits.

holeindalip likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    IMhO the RX6800XT OC* headroom is the secret sausage :p
    You can add another 2c for having (99% sure) ability to Flash 6900XT into int :D -> So You'll end up with best GPU in the world for "only" $649

We shall see today if this hold true.... Go, go Team RED make some competition.
    * I say, 2300-2400MHz will be enough to take the crown (Top of the charts).

itpro likes this.
  19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That would be free upgrade like old days. Fingers crossed.

OnnA likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ I can clearly see now that this time - Red Team do not mess around :p
    Similar or better launch than 7970 & 290X..... We shall see later today.

DXR Performance is stellar, it's enough IMhO.

itpro likes this.