Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah...trail and error...sigh..it says, look out for clues. The first ones actually have them..but later, honestly looked for several minutes every inch for differences and didn’t find one...?! Solved them by trail and error then.

2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Awesome screenshot mate. Is this the lossless PNG version? My JPGs always get totally crushed by UbiConnect.

XenthorX likes this.
  3. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Thanks figured this out a few pages back in the thread. Once I turned this off all was well.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks dude, I didn't know that. By the way, isn't it annoying that they keep saying the same lines all the time if you're nearby? I met some nudists (well, not that nude unfortunately XD) and had to steal their clothes, that's the box I dropped in the river :)

Indeed, the more I play the more fascinated I am by the scenery, setting and generally excellent texture work. What I love with the AC series is the attention to detail, like the cobweb in the crypts with spiders on it, skulls, ropes, junk, pieces of cloth and other things make it a very convincing setting.

Something that people have been complaining about though is that side quests are a bit ridiculous and I somewhat agree, for example with some old lady in a sewer wanting me to collect viper eggs which she ate and then farted a poisonous cloud which made people above almost puke. Very childish but somewhat amusing :)

Also the performance problems in Norway are much less frequent in England (at least so far).

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I personally like almost everything except combat. It's just too basic and really simple, even though the executions look awesome. Also, it seems that Valhalla isn't as polished as Odyssey. There are some weird bugs from time to time, especially with side quests. It's especially a shame since some side quests are quite good and fun and this detracts from them.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Thanks @DocStr4ngelove !
    That's the one saved locally when you used the in-game photo mode, in "My Documents/ Asssassin Creed Valhalla/ Photos" - straight from the game really: no photoshop, no reshade.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
  8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I wish in the quests menu there was a page for World Events..

The problem: As with all AC games sometimes you just get in the habit of skipping past all the stupid dialog.. With world events after the dialog there is no clear message to remind you what you should be doing. I have numerous world events that are on the map I totally forget what I should do to complete them because the game offers zero reminders or hints.. They don't even have titles so you can't even Google an answer..

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

If you don't do it there and then it will reset, that's why there is no log.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ahhh good to knows. Thank you!

Party Poison likes this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I love those side quests and do them all - if you go top side after doing that one with the viper eggs and the fart, there is green gas coming up from the sewers, with people vomitting, saying their lungs are burning xD

Passus likes this.
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AssassinsCreedValhala/comments/jt6n9n/bug_duplicate_huntsman_armor/

Huh so that's why I have three Huntsman Armor chest pieces currently, seems like a small bug but potentially losing out on what the actual equipment piece would be if you instead get a second of something you already had.
    It's handled kinda poorly though by the time you collect the rest of it the older gear is upgraded maybe even improved so it can be upgraded further makes it impractical to switch to other stuff.
    (Cheat-Engine I suppose so you don't have to worry about the various ores and their limited quantities although it seems shops at least occasionally stock the low and mid grade stuff just leaving the high-end not-gold one as the really limited one plus titanium for the actual upgrade not just bolted on metal bits and gilded it a bit. :p )

Known issue at least, possibly tied to using the tattoo artist and barber functionality or maybe specifically after having handed in or bought additional tattoo designs.

13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Haha i fell off my chair when i saw the guys up top

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I did just that XD

Dragam1337 and Passus like this.
  15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Is it just me because I'm confused because this AC doesn't seem to be following the same AC formula as previous ones..

My settlement is level 4 and the only quests I have left are ones I'm way too early in the game (power wise) to complete fully.

Is this AC Far Cry 3 where you advanced only by raiding and advancing your settlement?

In my quest log nothing is left that resembles the main story and I am slightly confused. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game but the direction I'm supposed to be taking is vague if not completely missing

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No, get alliances, thats the main quests - you cannot have none...talk with Randvi.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  17. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Interesting game, playing on Stadia while finishing a new PC build ... was afraid to get it for my PS4 & on VPN as my ISP keeps throttling my regular internet ... my gosh it’s fun in explorer mode Pathfinder mode

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I have never seen so many fences made from wood and stone...riding with my horse...through Englaland...

Passus likes this.
  19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Come to the English countryside still many of them

AsiJu likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Must be missing gear somewhere, cleared most of the yellow icons off the map now and I have a decent selection of bows, axes and shields but barely any spears, hammers or daggers.
    A few flails, some Dane axes and long swords and a couple of great shields.

Wonder if it's actually that skewed or not, should be one more hammer at least likely one more spear but those are a bit special and then one greatsword of the same type.
    Nice selection of armor though, like Odyssey without the filler lower tier stuff before piecing together a set tier although the bonuses are kinda meh but fits the description I've seen of a mostly flat progression system based around small extras and going more by what looks fancy. :D
    (And then made fancier by tier upgrading and spending a mountain of raw materials on stat upgrades. :p )

Next up a hundred or so mini quests, random bits and other tasks and what not.
    Then chasing paper pieces and collectibles. At least without all the water compared to Odyssey map cleanup is quite a bit faster and overall there's less "?" markers though the gear bits, collectibles and tasks/quests certainly make for a lot of stuff in total even so.

EDIT: Ah but of course some of the gear would be in rewards too so that would probably balance it out a bit.

"Oh hero have the one hammer in all of England."
    Yeah, well, somewhat.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020