Demon's Souls

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The game looks amazing but there are two issues with it, 70€ for a remake is crazy and not adding a new area for the broken archstone is a big mistake. The first problem is easily solved with some patience but the second...

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    My PS5 should show up tomorrow. This will be the first purchase when it gets here.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Who you have to bribe to get one?? :rolleyes:

I never wasint Demon Souls but this remake makes me intrested, how many time has this game been re released? ps3/ps4/ps5/pc think only I Think the ps5 is missing a skyrim re release ahah

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Demon‘s Souls was only released on PS3, I think you were referring to DArk Souls :D

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You what?

8. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I was signed in and refreshing the PlayStation website on launch day. I happened to catch it at a moment when they were in stock. My buddy and I each got one, and by the time we completed the order they were sold out.

Demon's Souls was a PS3 only game. The same team went on to make the Dark Souls games, but Demon's was never released on any other platforms.

I played about an hour last night. Impressions:

1. The game looks beautiful
    2. 60fps and smooth
    3. I think the artistic updates are an enhancement. People complaining it's not a faithful remake are probably going to get over it real quick when they get their hands on the game.
    4. The console is huge, and that's okay because it's really quiet. That big heat sink is doing it's job.
    5. The controller is bigger than the DS4. It's now Xbox 360 sized. Feels better to me than the traditionaly small PS controller form factor.
    6. UI of the console is a bit clunky. I hope they make a lot of tweaks over time. It's a nit pick though.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The size of the console and the command is something that really worries me about the PS5. I hope they are no dealbreakers.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Sound about right I vaguely remeber someting about Demon and Dark "soul" games I was there launch day too, got nothing but "queue" before said q was up there notice on there say there sold

11. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I have it standing up on my desk. No big deal. If you're trying to fit it into an entertainment center, I think it would only be an issue in the smallest of shelves. Even then, if you're buying the digital edition, you could just turn it sideways.

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Thanks for the impressions!!! Can't wait to get my hands on a PS5.

1. From what I've seen, it's a stunning game, both visuals and audio
    2. Doesn't the game have 2 modes? One 30fps and one 60fps?
    3. People will never stop complaining
    4. This is good to hear, let's hope these can stay quieter than previous generations
    5. Like the changes they made to the controller, especially the larger size
    6. UI doesn't bother me much, from what I've seen it's a bit meh but that can be tweaked with time

13. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I got this game just trying out the original Demons Souls but never quite getting the hang of it.
    From the first moment I must say the cinematic mode (30 fps) is horrendously unplayable coming from Miles Morales. It feels like a typical 30fps cap on PC.
    The performance mode is better but some movements are still clunky for a 2020 release. For someone with no nostalgia like me it's hard to justify the price although it does have some weird unique ideas implemented.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    in a weird way it took me 2 days to get used to this game unlike Nioh2 where i needed 1hr to get my reflexes back to work :D

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    just wasted 30minutes on Fool's Idol :(

16. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Got through my first run today and started NG+.

I'm not sure if this is a change from the original, but killing the named Black Phantoms with poison cloud will not shift your character tendency. You have to deliver the killing blow. I seem to remember going full coward in the original game. I missed out on the Friend's ring because of this, so I'll have to try again in NG+ if I want to shoot for the Platinum.

Overall, I couldn't be much happier with the game. It's exactly what I was hoping for. Highly recommended.