AMD reponds to Ryzen 5000 desktop processor shortages

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Some 5800 and 5600 available again, 5900 and 5950 still missing, probably due to huge waiting list.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It's nice to be able to buy with an invoice that will be sent only after the product has been sent.

3. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    I just got my 5800X that i ordered 3 days ago

mohiuddin likes this.
  4. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    One thing of note I noticed when Ampere launched and NVIDIA's CEO kept trying to reassure the market was the lack of reviews on etailers', frankly if any at all in the beginning. With the launch of AMD's 5000 series, there has been a steady flow of "verified" reviews from the start. Yes, it's obvious AMD is struggling to meet demand, but it isn't a paper launch nor is there an appearance of a "ghost town".

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Looking at the Hardware Unboxed review of the 5600X I was reminded again of how good the 3600 is and why I probably shouldn't bother upgrading my CPU for 4K gaming. I wanted some new components but why bother. I still want the 6800XT, though, but my hype for that is dead because of likely shortages/scalpers and not having the energy to have 10 tabs open linking to various stores trying to get on at launch.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Now at queue position 701 down from 742

image_2020-11-13_165251.png

mohiuddin likes this.
  7. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    How many down in a week? 80-100? That sounds bad lol

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    apparently their is a huge shipment in the next week or so, where its heading for and how many units is "huge" is anyone's guess.

I still say they should of opened preorders up at least 1-2 months in advanced, especially with covid. The consoles opened preorders up, why not PC hardware as well. It allows them to better allocate units to different regions and also how many too manufacture.

Goiur likes this.
  9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Yep... My store told me they hoped for a shipment next week.

Lets hope its massive lol

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  10. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    I cancelled my 5800X, who knows prices may come down once the stock has been filtered anyway. Not like i am desperate anyway i have a 3900X which does everything i want anyway. Of course the geek in me always wants more but at least i am not using a Pentium D, same with the RTX 2080, would like a 6800XT but yeah i'll just wait i can play all my games at 3440x1440. Then again if i get an AMD GPU i will loose gsync which kinda sucks.

11. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I ordered a 5900 last tuesday, and my queue position at my local store went from 735 to 692. They got a shipment last wednesday, but not a large one.

Several other store report the 5600X as in-stock, but at higher-than MSRP pricepoint. Bu

It seems the RTX cards' availability are slightly improving here. It's still drip-feeding, but shipped numbers are increasing, so you might try to get a 3080 instead to go with your monitor. And a 3900X is still a fine CPU!

Dazz and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  12. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    I got my 5800X a few days ago :) CCL-online sold out in 30 seconds at launch , scan checkout got bounced twice while trying to pay with paypal LOL Lucky for me as it turned out :cool:

AWD-IT had them in stock and actually emailed me on launch at 2.15pm that they had stock , so people in the UK it's worth setting up a stock reminder with AWD-IT.

If anyone is after a 5950X there are currently 17 CPU's over 7 different CPU + ASUS Motherboard bundles in stock and they are not price gouging like other stores either, they have not changed prices since launch.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/?subcats=Y..._performed=Y&q=5950x&dispatch=products.search

Good Luck Everyone :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Goiur likes this.
  13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Pitty I already have all the pieces put together and waiting for the 5900x... at this point i would probably pull the trigget on that mobo+5950 bundle lol

JAMVA likes this.