Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I loved Odyssey - this is definitely leaner. If you don't want to do the side quest stuff - it's very easy to leave it.

2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I stopped listening to SkillUp's videos after i noticed that guy contradicts himself, boosts slight annoyances out of proportion to sound dramatic and produces overly long sentences because he just loves to hear himself talking. It's like shittin on a platter and then putting some sugar on top to make it more appealing to the masses.

His points:
    • ACV is full of BS
    • is boring
    • is worse than Avengers
    • bad combat
    • bad exploration
    • shouldn't be longer than 30h
    • has characters you dont care about
    • grind for MTX
    • doesnt look as good as <insert non-openworld game here>
    I'm sorry, but this guy shouldn't be playing this game. Period. These are personal feelings&opinions but not facts. I guess his schedule plan is full of other games and doesn't leave much space. Or he's burning out being a fulltime youtuber.

If you don't have the time to fully embrace an openworld game in all its details and content then go back to Dark Souls.
    It's an openworld rpg. He got bored and didnt like the fact he has to do more exploration to get 100%. That and he is just ubibashing at some point. Did the same with Origins and Odyssey.

I never felt like grinding in any of those games and surely never bought any resource time savers. That is just BS.

Maddness, Dragam1337 and Passus like this.
  3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I have probably just two really major problems, one is that the game is crashing in menus. If you browse a map or even pause a game it just crashes after a while. Second one is difficulty, or lack there of. Maybe it will be better later, but right now the enemies are just too easy and that's on hardest difficulty. They are just too stupid and don't attack often enough. If I try to block enemies, I have to wait for a long time for them to do anything. I can kill entire fortresses by myself without stealth, just smashing through them. I feel that if they just doubled or tripled the rate at which enemies attack, it would fix the issue completely. Bosses are fine though, maybe exactly because they attack almost nonstop.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Never understood why people moan that AC games have too much side stuff, Just don't do it?

I put over 100 hours into Odyssey and got to 94% completion.
    My brother put just under 20 hours and did the story.

You don't have to do everything.

Skillup tries to pass off his opinions as objective fact which leads to him rambling over and over.

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I read that some crashes are triggered by firewall rules not allowing internet access.
    It would appear the game crashes if it cant connect.
    I'm not sure which executable needs to be allowed.

tfam26 likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    how do we play odessy in chunks? get on explore a bit clear some map maybe do some story stuff.

how many people play these for the story straight through? i think i barely finished any.

they all bloated with busy work.

7. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I caved and got the game, but only by paying for a month of Uplay+ - that's how to do it. Full game + all the extras for £12 and you can cancel at any time. Anyway, I'm 12 hours in, which is about 11% of the game. Here are some general thoughts. Note: These are only my own opinions ;)

- Lip sync: Awful to not bad. It just sticks out. Pretty sure there are other games in the series that had a lot better animations? Unless i'm imagining it.
    - Voice Acting: OK (playing as female). Some quirky/comedic performances, some just plain bland
    - PC Performance: Surprisingly solid at very high preset, 1440p. Struggles slightly on Ultra. Some serious lag/audio loss when you go into Photo Mode. Needs fixing
    - Gameplay: Standard AC affair with some nice twists. I love Odyssey and this doesn't feel as polished as that game. Odyssey/Origins combat does feel more connected though but they don't have dismemberment, which is just plain brutal (in a good way)
    - New quest system is great and not having to sift through 12,000 weapons and items in your inventory is a welcome change.
    - Animations: Pretty janky in areas. Certain cinematics are jumpy and delayed. Lack of polish. Almost like the game's code is thinking on the next instruction.
    - Audio: Beautiful music and combat sounds. Nice ambient audio too
    - Graphics: Absolutely stunning environments. Weather fx, water, all top notch. Usual AC high standards.
    - Overall: I'm liking what I've played so far. In terms of technical issues like abysmal AI and bugs, I think it's a step back from Origins and Odyssey. They were far more stable but i'm still very early on in the game.

jbscotchman likes this.
  8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Right, but it also just randomly disconnects for no reason. I even have some online Ubisoft games that have no issues with connection, like the Division 1/2. I'll try the tip posted on the last page:

Seems like a weird bug though, especially since game runs fine, but going into menus crashes the whole thing.

9. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I'm getting a lot of texture and shadow flickering in the prologue + just weird missing items like Eivor axe vanishes and reappears in his hand, doors doing the same... it seems very buggy? Any one else had these issues? I can't seem to find anything specific from a google search although i few reviews have said there is more bugs and odd glitches than expected?

Done the usual - updated drivers, verified game files etc issues still happen.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  10. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I have the exact same issues. Have you seen some characters have white eyes in the cut scenes?

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    All ubisoft open world games are like this for me. You run around in the world aimlessly for a time, get annoyed by the awful stutter, run around some more staring at the RTSS stats, realize the content is cookie cutter crap that you've seen dozens of times before and then uninstall never to play again. Of course this is only my opinion.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Yeah, have this as well. Just in general things are buggy. More so than either Origins or Oydessey were as there were mostly fine for me.

I don't think there is a fix we can do just have to wait for a patch but man its a shame. I might try uninstall and reinstall but failing that I'll just wait for a few patches.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hostage situation at ubi montreal.

14. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I was having crazy shadow flickering after I enabled some stuff in Nvidia control panel - try resetting anything linked to the exe in there to default.

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    For me AC Revelations, where Istanbul was magical and AC Unity was very good when all the bugs were finally ironed out, AC Origins stacks up there as well with its amazing desert and underworld scenes.

16. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Thanks, I have actually enabled sharpening through the Nvidia CP. I'll try turning that off and see if it helps.

EDIT: Thank you TheSissyOfFremont this seems to have worked from some quick testing!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  17. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    ok performance is as expected for me. ultra at 1080p (volumetric very high), getting low 40s and 50s mostly.

3770k 4.2GHz (usage is mostly 50-60%)
    2400MHz CL10
    GTX 1060 6GB (steady 2114MHz core and 4600MHz vram at 55 degrees, usage is hovering 98-99%)

18. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    No it's not.

19. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Its a fair opinion regarding Ubi though. Could also be that you need a break from gaming. I get this way sometimes, especially if Im on the East Coast in the winter stuck working inside. I figure its my body and mind telling me to take a break because I'm not hybernating in November.

(Or you might actually just not like Ubisoft games!)

AsiJu likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Looks like it was a prank.

cerebus23 likes this.