Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    For the campaign perhaps, but it certainly misses the "step up" from the previous CoD titles MW had.

IQ was much better for me once I used the second highest AA setting, still not as good as MW. Graphics and sound seem a bit dull or uninspired, hard for me to describe, yet my biggest gripe was the game- and especially gunplay which had nothing to offer in comparison.
    I had no issues with visibility and even think camos should do something like "blending in" people who are using it.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Played one match and uninstalled the beta. Don't feel that it brings anything new to the table, MW is just fine.

Shataan and ramthegamer like this.
  3. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

(3:38, timestamp does not work)

another good example 4:38

ps
    most games have that nowadays, it annoys me every time

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Game releases tomorrow and the thread is as dead as water in the dead sea

XenthorX and DocStr4ngelove like this.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    A new cod this week and I have zero interest.

I'd rather have a new BP for MW.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Lost interest when I saw the install size.

They can keep their 5 hour long campaign at 200+ gigs. I'll go play DOOM Eternal and Serious Sam 4, both have 12+ hour long campaigns at 40 to 50 gigs each.

Shataan, ramthegamer and cerebus23 like this.
  7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I'll watch some videos to see how the weapons feel and sound. That is what made me buy the last MW. If this one goes back to that arcade feeling again I'm not interested. And i love 80ies weapons and vietnam maps!

Might get it as a sale in 2022.

ramthegamer likes this.
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Have you guys seen the campaign gameplay? Have you heard that AK47 sound? :O

Ahem.... well i just bought it. Just saying.

HellSpawn2097 likes this.
  9. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    I cant really understand why this game looks so "bad" compared to modern warfare. Maybe its the texture details not payed so much attention to.
    Putting all on max with Raytracing it dosnt look like a 2020 release.
    Actually cant really see any difference in raytracing on/off

ramthegamer likes this.
  10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

its using the older engine, that was a big downside for me.

11. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    Did so myself this morning, judging the gameplay my mate told me about.
    Sound and graphics-wise, very good. Different gameplay from MW, no more mounting or tactical sprint and opening/closing doors.
    This last thing is good, considering the amount of camping in MW behind closed doors.
    Maps look good, typically a BO game.

12. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    why the hell did they use an old engine :mad:
    I have now tried every settings and it keeps looking like crap... I cant seem to get a nice crispy clear image. Its all a blurry mess looks like a PS4 game and not something I would expect from a raytracing 2020 game in 4K :( :(

Its no more than a CSGO graphic game. Its really a big downgrade from modern warfare

13. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I don't have the game yet but the blurriness could be resolution scaling? Also ensure FXAA isn't enabled, that's a candidate for blurriness.

14. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    nhhaa its just looks old.. or like a console game.. just like all the other COD games except Modern Warfare..

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The miami map seems a bit unoptimized when compared to some of the others I tested in MP. I know this is a complete non-issue for a lot of peeps with up to date rigs and I know mines getting more and more outdated by the minute but all the other maps I tested run absolutely fine.

16. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    I run with a 3090RTX in 4K and I cannot max out the card running all on max except Raytracing (which I cant see any difference in quality)
    So I think this say a lot about the engine/games graphics.

17. DZcreet

DZcreet Member

GPU:
    evga RTX 3080 XC3
    Well for me at least its not all fun and games, yet. It isn't on my end. My system exceeds the required specs and my line speed is more than adequate.
    [​IMG]

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    After some further testing it feels like there's some performance issues with MP atm. I managed to find a decent balance of settings for myself where the game runs at a steady 70+ fps with some dips to 60's but for some reason at the most random times my framerate dips to what feels like 40's even though the ingame fps counter claims I'm at 60+ and the dips happen when there's nothing visually intensive happening. I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow and maybe try single player to see how that performs.

A different example: I was just playing Hardpoint on that Satellite map and the Hardpoint was at the middle of the map with all the burning debris, I was aiming down to one of the entrances to the area and my fps tanked from 80 to like 47 or something just from ADS'ing towards a wall further down hill. I did however observe the blue halo effect that marks the hardpoint glitching to a canyon wall on the side of the area and I was unable to replicate that when I loaded into the same map and mode on my own so perhaps that effect is causing some issues and erratic behaviour. I seem to recall something similar in one of the older CoD's, may have been BO4.

Those of you struggling with blurryness with the game when using AA, try applying a sharpening filter from from your drivers. Stick ingame AA to Ultra and sharpen to your taste. I tested it quickly and the game looked much better.

The odd performance issues aside, so far I'm quite liking this and it'll be interesting to see how the game evolves after a few patches.

19. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    The satelite map is extremely blurry.
    At a distance when scoping I cant see crap.

20. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    GPU not boosting at all stuck at 90-100fps anyone else?