NvidiaProfileInspector doesn't save "Low latency" mode or "G-sync indicator" in new drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Prophet, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Whenever I run 457.30 or 457.09, and iirc other newer drivers these settings are forgotten on reboot even if I export the profiles. That means both global and per game low latency settings are not saved and I have to set the G-sync indicator every time I reboot. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? It works in 442.01.

BlindBison likes this.
  2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Nvidia blocked access for 3rd party apps, nothing can be done.

BlindBison likes this.
  3. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    @aufkrawall2 Wait, does that mean there's no way to force "Half-Refresh V-Sync" (other than the adaptive variant in the base control panel) anymore? Does that mean Inspector is "dead" then? Won't work at all?

WTF Nvidia, they should at least make an exception for Inspector or just add most of its features to the official control panel. Would a driver rollback solve this perhaps?

4. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Inspector still works for most settings.

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Do you have some proof? A quick searchengine query came back empty.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the proof is in the change log.

7. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    Doesn't nvidia inspector really work? You just left me dead...

8. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I'm still using it to successfully accomplish a variety of game specific settings like AA compatibility.

9. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    Thanks for the information, I will keep up to date on this news, if it is confirmed that nvidia inspector does not work from now on I will not update the graphic anymore, without nvidia inspector I can not play, I need to use my antialiasing settings, lod bias, etc...

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    do you have a comprehension issue?

11. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend, I understand that you said it has been blocked but as I read that some options still work I'm not sure if it will be definitive or if they will update nvidia profile to make it work again.

12. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm using it for without any issues. The only thing I've had to do is reload the settings profile for my game each time I update the video drivers. Without doing that I don't have any AA in game so Profile Inspector is clearly still working for what I need.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It still works for most settings, but afair at least access to ULL ultra (no idea about old prerender limit 1/"on") and sharpen is blocked.
    Not great, but could be worse. At least all the features are still there and accessible in some way.

BlindBison likes this.
  14. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Perhaps they are referring to this?

Restricting/Enabling Access to GPU Performance Counters
    The NVIDIA graphics driver contains a vulnerability (CVE-2018-6260) that may allow access to application data processed on the GPU through a side channel exposed by the GPU performance counters. GPU performance counters are needed by developers in order to use NVIDIA developer tools such as CUPTI, Nsight Graphics, and Nsight Compute. In order to address CVE-2018-6260 the driver (starting with version 419.67) automatically disables access for non-admin users. For more information about CVE-2018-6260 visit the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 4772. Access to GPU performance counters can be enabled for non-admin users who need to use NVIDIA developer tools. Enabling access to GPU performance counters can be accomplished through the NVIDIA Control Panel->Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters page. Refer to the Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters section of the NVIDIA Control Panel Help for instructions.

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    AFAIK the sharpening thing was triggering cheat protection in some games, so nvidia locked it down. However they still allow you to enable it on a game by game basis by adding the executable, if the game is not blacklisted in their db. Its not global anymore, but with some effort you can still get it to work, both ULL & Sharpen.