Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  2. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Reshade? Looks great.

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks good, but really not a fan of the blur... first thing that gets turned off for me.

Passus, Grimbarian and Maddness like this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, it's not like the game isn't demanding enough, let's waste a ton of resources on something that hardly makes a difference...

Passus likes this.

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    looking for upgrade but not soon yet. i have a capable ram, double-sided 2x8GB 2400MHz CL10-11-11-32-1T. cpu is on 4.2GHz.

looking at videos, seems like they reduced the cpu intensive things on this game comparing the previous ones, as i saw slightly lower cpu usages. did they abandon vm protect?

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    About as good as ddr3 gets.

No, they just moved the game to dx12, which is alot more effective in regards to cpu usage. But it is about the same as assassins creed origins in regards to cpu load - so alot lighter on the cpu than odyssey.

Xtreme512 likes this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Anyone else getting game of thrones vibe?

[​IMG]

8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yup! I also love the fact your bird doesnt mark all guards in the area for your wallhack optics so you end up with 50 icons on screen. They really listened to the fans.

Dragam1337 and Maddness like this.
  9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I play it on 1440p ultra i barely get 60 fps with my rig unless i tone some things down like volume clouds or shadows, but i dont mind it that much to get a fps between 40 and 55, sometimes 75-80 but that only in norway.

Then again u dont really need a constant 60 fps either with this game.
    Also i play with a controller game feels less laggy when u have lower fps.

10. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    One thing that irretates me is when the camera decides to zoom out when entering a big fight, probably to provide a better overview.

Sometimes that zoom makes it a lot harder to spot an attacker preparing for a swing at you. Very distracting and ive found no option to disable that. If anyone has plz post some infos

11. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I must say, I'm not a big fan of the changed skill tree. Investing a ton of skill points to even see what skills you can unlock is a weird decision. Plus having small upgrades like +2.5 melee isn't really exciting. On the plus side, I really like the new gearing system. No more inventory clutter with a million of the same items that you have to spend time going through it and sell off most/all to vendor.

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Thankfully though, it is just one button to reset the chosen skills at any time, so isn't all that bad :)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's a whole bunch of minor upgrades between finding more major passive enhancements or enhancing the three armor archetypes I think. (I only have the raven stuff and nowhere near enough bronze-type corundum what it was to go around for the first tier. :p )
    Plus a fog of war I think they could have done without but at least all the blue, green, red fields are in a bunch so you can usually avoid expanding into something you're not currently specializing into but there's 400 power levels and then an additional 90 mastery levels so eventually players probably have most of them for what it's worth. (Enemy scaling is a thing but the difficulty selection and insta-stab toggle in the game settings can mitigate the hitpoint padding a bit.)

EDIT: Plus the book stuff for slottable abilities and what these might do I haven't found many at all and the other stuff.
    (Hey remember the shanties and almanacs lets make tattoo designs swirl in the air too!)

Takes a while to get used to the map and marking system just having some dots plus the raven makes some positioning problematic like getting a good overview of the settlement stuff.

...Let's just get a good distant overview here and oh look I went more than a meter away from the settlement border and all the icons faded out.

EDIT: Oh and the strict speed limit for horses when near settled areas is back, joy.
    Well hopefully Cheat Engine can eventually fix that little snag.

Nothing more than some minor nitpicks, mostly minor glitches and quirks too so far no major issues or anything but I barely just reached England and now I'm trying to figure out if I didn't lock off traveling back to Norway for a while was thinking of just returning and clearing the map up after doing some plot stuff. :p
    (See you! Oh wait I had to came back because I missed a few dots here.)

Also need to find this particular boy while exploring England since it seems I can't quite go back just yet so might as well explore a bit.
    https://twitter.com/XEECEEVEVO/status/1326341186244603905

What a way with words!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    There are enough bronze bars in norway to do an upgrade of all your gear :)

Maddness and JonasBeckman like this.
  15. Holocron

Holocron Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD
    I just stopped playing because, in the game, I just could not, and I am not raiding 'that'...

I just hope that the game would dwell on Haakon the Good's story on a future DLC, who is the son of Harald Fairhair, an already prominent character in the game.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You can travel back to Norway soon enough, there will be a new option in the world map.

Already did the side-quest - (if you graze all the blue dots, which are side-quests) you should have no problems finding him. :D (its in the first level 20 areas)

About bronze bars - you can buy them later at the vendors. (I hope this issnt considered a spoiler)

@Holocron
    The way im seeing it right now, they could introduce new countries as a DLC, like India or the middle east (which has also already references in it, with characters for instance, The 1000 eyes!?).

JonasBeckman likes this.
  17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You're playing a Viking, you're supposed to raid.

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Is a slight spoiler, especially that you dont need to grind the bronze bars... now i feel a little silly for doing it... xD

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Exactly.

Though you can just stealth your way through, and play it like an assassin, not doing any raids, aside of the forced ones in the main campaign.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I like how the game pleases both player types: viking warriors and assassins.

Whatever floats your dragonboat!

Btw: i found a normal heavy sword in the swamp hideout west of the word 'East Anglia' ob the map. There's a small lake there.

Maddness and Dragam1337 like this.