AMD reponds to Ryzen 5000 desktop processor shortages

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 10, 2020.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    That price is around £418 which is still lower than over here in UK :(

Thanks, Jura

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Alza is Europe wide as there was large enough opening to expand into. CZC is smaller, but in past it was most competitive in PC only component sale. T.S. Bohemia is very old and it is large too. They ate few smaller competitors which had better price and services. So they kind of averaged into reasonable company.
    Most of my parts are either from Alza or from CZC, but sometimes I get them from T.S. Bohemia.

Due to virus, Alza did expand automated pickup places in many cities. So, they have more power (reach) than others now.
    But all three are trustworthy. If they ship to your place, and you like price (with added delivery cost), you should not be afraid.

Alza is like young shark, always innovating. CZC is slowly steering, but stable ship. And T.S. Bohemia is kind of like brontosaurus.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This is in Greece. They sell the 5800x for 600€...

[​IMG]

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    CZC I think I have used too previously when I was living in Czech Republic and TS Bohemia I heard about this company first time today, I have not been in Czech Republic for something like 12 or 15 years now hahaha and so many things has changed since then, Alza has been my favourite that time in Czech Republic and CZC only used limited time

I bought several parts from Alza, sometimes it is cheaper there than in UK shops, bought there few parts for friend and several customer builds

Thanks, Jura

Fox2232 likes this.

5. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Nothing in Russia. 0 (zero) shipment. All of Ryzen 5000 series do not even exist on DNS and Citilink sites. Therefore they are not out of stock, they never been even added to stock. Also nothing in Regard, Oldi and OGO.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    CPC_RedDawn and mohiuddin like this.
  7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The kind of stupidity to believe those are legit bids is why scalpers exist.

8. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX

CPC_RedDawn and Dazz like this.
  9. Francesco

Francesco Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    I find hard to believe those as legit bids... wouldn't make sense as the 5600x can be bought on Ebay for 450-500$ , still very greedy though, please don't feed the scalpers.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    5600x has been readily available here in Finland since launch. Tho the higher end models are gone.

11. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Tech will always get more expensive, simply because demand is ever increasing based on population numbers, and tech use and uptake is greatest now than ever before.

Right or wrong, I bought a 3950x at release because of the UK leaving Europe, so come next year I worried that getting components will be more difficult and/or increased cost to what I know currently. No regrets, it is a great cpu, but honestly I expected the zen 3's to be delayed more than they have been considering 2020 in general.

The fact that AMD has enough to meet some individual user requests + pc builders + more on way soon, and is keeping CDNA and Milan announcement and release dates on track is pretty good I must say, though still not ideal.

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Avoid biggest shops and you will get it, order from different country if you are in Europe. They are still avaliable, if You look good enough

Fox2232 likes this.
  13. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
  14. tuco ramirez

tuco ramirez Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 480
    So you want AMD to not only randomly guess the demand in launch day for each processor model globally, but to also somehow FORCE EACH AND EVERY SHOP TO BUY AND STOCKPILE that amount of CPUs (that could be in the thousands in a lot of cases) so that a bunch of entitled crybabies don't act outraged online, because they will get it 2 weeks or a month later?
    Got it.

15. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    What would be nice to know is a ballpark figure of how much stock is available at release, so folk know a little bit what to expect ahead of time.
    They can say demand is high, but with out knowing the number of units to sell, hard to judge.

NV/AMD/Intel etc...

Lily GFX likes this.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What I don't get is that we can't PREORDER before release day!???

Consoles allowed preorders, and this allows Sony and Microsoft to know how many to make, but also how to distribute their initial stock. Why can't Nvidia, AMD, or Intel allow people to preorder at least a month before release day (2 months would probably be better).

They could then gauge how many to make and how to ship them around the world. Makes perfect sense for hardware like this.

17. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I ordered a 5900X @ megekko in the Netherlands, position 735.

I'm not in a real hurry to get one, since there's no (beta)BIOS for my X470 Asus yet, but I hope it's here before Corona is history...

Apparently there were a 1000 Ryzen 5000 units here in the Benelux region (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg) at launch: 650x 5600, 150x both 5800 and 5900, and only 50x 5950. However there were about 1400 orders placed for the 5900x...

18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Hehe well he deserved everything ! Those i told you so moments must be really satisfing ! I have a few instances that i took great pleasure on doing it so my self !

Dazz likes this.
  19. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Oh, there's a queue?
    I saw the "over 10 days delivery" note and said to myself... It can wait.

Now that you provided this info.... it can DEFINITELY wait. Not going to pay and have €580 locked for how many months... pfff.

I'll survive with my current CPU just fine until stock normalizes and it can be bought with a 1-2-days delivery.
    Same goes for GPU.

Seems that 2020 is NOT the year for upgrades :(

Dazz likes this.
  20. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Yeah they have a queue tool for Ampere, and now for Ryzen 5000 as well, and which likely will be expanded to next week's Radeon 6000 too...