AMD wants stores to sell a maximum of one RX 6000 video card per customer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Hardly lucky, one the card is for my nephew and not me, and two because he is an idiot he sold his RTX 2070 Super before the announcement and had nothing to use. He harassed me to loan my RTX 2080 so i have been unable to use my main system. Lucky i have Lenovo Legion 5P Laptop which has a Ryzen 4800U 16GB Ram, 1.25 TB SSD and a RTX 2060. In all honesty i was going to see how the New Radeons where going to be like then make a decision. Looks like it maybe the right call as the 6800XT does look impressive, considering it was meant to go up against the RTX 3070.

2. NesteaZen

NesteaZen Member

GPU:
    OCZ
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Whatever it was, you wanted to push, sorry. I am not e-bay dumb.
    Zen3 availability changes every day in local shops. Right now, there are enough of 5800X at MSRP.

Right now, I could have ordered 5600X with "within 24h delivery" time (MSRP too). And next batch is expected on 15th.
    Same as above applies to 5950X.

At this moment, only thing which can't be obtained "fast" through normal channels is 5900X.

4. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Not true for Spain. The biggest etailer, and ofc the smaller ones, have nothing. You cant buy any 5000 series and no availability dates either.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Similar in the Czech Republic. The two biggest IT shops are sold out, except one just got some 5800s. The rest are gone or not available.

6. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    I dont think thats unusual for the most anticipated CPU launch ever, truth is lots of us have spent most of the year working from home with balooning bank balances because we cant go out to spend it so lots of folks right now who have been lucky enough to stay in employment have money to burn and time on their hands, its a perfect storm for new launches and availability.

Maddness and Fox2232 like this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You live in same EU as I do. Unless you want to claim that EU puts Spain into some logistics disadvantages and embargoes you.
    In shopping, we have equal opportunity.

But we here do not practice siesta. At least not productive part of nation.

8. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Nice racist statement mate lol and not, im not claiming anything like it.

I dont practice siesta either... still waiting for that link for a 5900 on a EU store with EU shipping.

PS: looks like you are having some personal issues because of the way to reply... maybe you should take a break.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No, sorry, no racism. How did you even got to that word? I thought people have dictionary these days.
    It is just that you make really big target. And that's really hard to miss.

All I do is putting your needlessly negative comments into perspective. I am not here to pack chip and deliver it to your house, nor to do your homework.
    Or supply services which your local/country shops did not facilitate for you.

EU's market is same for you and myself. And you had and have equal opportunity. I had opportunity to whine here for a week too, if I wanted.
    Or I could have had any of those chips as long as I wanted them. But I did not want them.

Maybe you can invest all that time and effort into something productive or something that will get you chip you want.
    Or you can continue screaming: "It's paper launch, because I said so!"

And I can as well continue to view your behavior as childish tantrum. And react as nicely as I would to child that has no self control.
    But children can learn and change... mostly.

10. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I need no perspective, i had no chance to get a 5900 and like i told you before, you failed to deliver a link to a 5900 on launch day. I looked for them but had no luck with shipping and obviously i wont pay more because i can, so i can vent and curse anything and anyone i want. You dont see anyone at fault here, i think things could be done better on AMD side. Agree to disagree and move on.

Tell me how is called aiming for that "siesta" thing just because i told you about spain then, was i supposed to be sleeping on launch day? or was the shop owner who was sleep? or... what are you trying to pull there?. Good you want to backtrack on that, but my friend, you clearly showed your hand there and its a bad one. Maybe you can learn from your own statement and change... if you can.

I can do more than one thing at a time, so while i use my time to talk to you, im talking with different stores to.

You can see my behavior as childish, good for you, im just pissed that AMD did not deliver enough stock. Just ignore my post and move on.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Ad 1st paragraph. I'll reiterate: "I am not your servant."

Ad 2nd paragraph. I did not imply it was you sleeping. From your posts, it was apparent that shop you selected was kind of incompetent at best. They likely went to order your chip at launch day via land-mail and had to take a coffee break mid way to postal office. But it is nice that you kind of adopted the notion.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Servant? Just asking for help. i dont know all EU stores or the ones that ship to EU.

I selected the shop where i do 90% of my shopping for PC hardware, never had an issue before. If they asked for the CPUs the last day or 2 weeks before, that i dont know, but i know them and im pretty sure this was a ¿wholesaler? issue not delivering them what they asked for because of being a small store.

I still dont get why are you so mad about all this lol

13. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    The issue is Ebay allows these folks to list these products when new at over MSRP they should cap it for 12 months from release for all non special edition products so if you have a limited appeal product etc such as a branded game/coloured edition then let market forces dictate if its standard MSRP and nothing else, it would kill the scalpers straight off or refuse to offer a warranty and publicise it, in fact some goods do that already, you could force sellers to pre register the warranty with the serial so they would need full address etc details which is non transferable for warranty purposes, that would kill the scalpers as well.
    Ebay is the root cause as is Amazon.

14. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    the wife, the gf? or bf? hubby...

15. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    They say this gpu is all of those rolled into one, which is good because they might leave when I buy it!

Kevin Mauro likes this.

16. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    :D:D