GeForce RTX 3050 would get 2304 stream processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    It is so I can't. BTW PC is working pefectly fine with a 1650. I just hope that a ~70W 3050 will be released some time...

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    That PC must have PSU , that PSU has "free cables" for sure . If you have free sata cable that is not connected to other drives ( it is not shared) you can use it for 6 maybe 8 pin GPU power connector ( 120-140w total board power of graphic card) . It will not cause any damage.

3. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    He did mention it is a Dell PC. Not all of those have spare connectors. What could be done is remove a DVD drive or HDD and use that power for the GPU. Just an idea.

4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I would not buy that in first place , possible get PSU replaced in these units ?

5. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    I already told you that a 6 pin connector on my motheboard named SATA_PWR 2 is unused. Why should I use a sata cable and not a 6 pin to 6 pin or 6 pin to 8 pin cable or whatever? Yes I will probably lose the option to use an extra SSD but is there any other problem?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres not going to be a 70w 3050.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because you'll cause a fire.

Fox2232 and gmavignier like this.
  8. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    For 10-15 Wats extra W @ peak??? (In case 3050 is 90W and already uses ~70W from the PCIe slot)

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm sick of hearing about these new cards when nobody can even buy them, and I'm sick of seeing reviewers reviewing 4-5 different versions, no offense Hilbert. It's the youtubers that piss me off the most. 2020 sucks, that's all I'm gonna say. I just hope to live long enough to play Cyberpunk.

Jagman, H83, Fox2232 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I hope, you are around for much longer than that.

Jagman, Undying and Denial like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and a sata cable has to power a device that draws several magnitude lower wattage, so the wiring and insulation isn't as thick.

12. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    I never mentioned a sata cable - others did. I am talking about a 6 pin male to 6 pin male cable straight from the motherboard power connector to the graphics card. Perhaps I am thinking something wrong here and the what looks to be a 6 pin connector on my motherboard isn't a standard 6 pin one....

13. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    Code:
    GeForce GTX 1050 Ti    October 25, 2016    4Gb   $139
    Source: wikipedia.
    4 years later... unless this new card comes with 6Gb for LESS than 150 u$s it will be a damn fiasco.

(The whole idea of "progress" is getting more for the same amount of money, paying more for more is not progress at all.)

(I know 4Gb should be +/- fine but 2Gb memory is dirty cheap for a big company)

icedman likes this.
  14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I also feel 4GB is far too little for a GPU that needs another power connector. With 6GB, this could make for a great 1080p experience with RT+DLSS. Otherwise, who is this marketed for? If you're not playing a game with RT or DLSS, the market is saturated with decent 1080p GPUs that are not only already available but probably cheaper. With RT or DLSS and I really don't think 4GB is enough. If this were under 75W then I'd give it a pass, because then you're expected to trade performance for efficiency.

15. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    this model I don’t see, if it comes with 4GB of video memory, it will be a big disappointment, it has to be at least 6GB, now ray tracing on a board like this is a waste of time, nor the GTX3070 could handle Watch Dogs Legion with ray tracing enabled, you can't hold 40fps at Very High at 1400p,
    I suspect that this RTX3050 will come with the same performance as a GTX1070.

16. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    This is exactly what I was thinking the rt performance will be so bad that its just wasted silicon and cost. I would even go as far as to say anything under 3070 and even including the 3070 rt performance is a waste.

Silva and Undying like this.
  17. Fedorro

Fedorro Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 980Ti/6Gb
    That`s all just awesome. But where is the shop in which i can buy my new and shiny RTX 3090?

jbscotchman and gmavignier like this.
  18. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
  19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It's far too early for trying 8K 120FPS gaming.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Ugh, can they stop announcing cards and actually release them?

It's dumb, I've seen launches where they sold like hotcakes and supply wasn't keeping up, but not to this degree. Back in those days you still had a slow and steady supply in most stores. 3080/3090 stock is literally non existent atm, it doesn't even feel like there's a slow and steady supply over here.

Jagman, Silva and KissSh0t like this.