Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i hope their faces do not get tired.

AsiJu and mbk1969 like this.
  2. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I would assume this is another console centric re-relase with bare minimum done to warrant the rehash.
    Undoubtedly most differences will be in engine level rendering because renderer had to be redone from wonky DX9/PS3 API to something more modern so assuming programmers had approach a tier above "not my job" there will be some fancier stuff thrown in there.

Beyond that i don't expect to be blown away, especially on PC, where you can still get all 3 base games with all DLCs and the "improvements" in regards to textures/models have to compete with literally free mods.

Sure i would like to believe EA is going to prove me wrong but well... don't see it coming right now.

3. Milking here, milking there, franchise milking everywhere...

cerebus23 and ShadowDuke like this.
  4. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    I'd rather ME4 set in the same timeline and if possible with ways to counter the abysmal endings of ME3 and continue the Shepard story-line. Be that through Shep if you got the survived ending or an offspring for the others (if you'd had a relationship) or something that would make it all work lol.. I mean come-on, they rebuilt Shep in ME2 so anything is possible. )

If it was a remake and not a remaster then I'd be more interested

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Honestly if the next Mass Effect is in any way related to Andromeda I'm going to be pretty livid.

Trixster and cerebus23 like this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    When I heard about this, first thing I thought was BioWare pushing this news out as if saying "We haven't made anything any good lately, so please buy this so EA don't kill us."

mbk1969 and cerebus23 like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    EA's being pretty lenient considering studios like Pandemic and Visceral didn't get anywhere near the same chances and had to follow EA's guidelines and release schedule so Saboteur and Hardline not living up and that was the end of them.
    ...Or the non-existing game that may have been Command and Conquer 4 after first trying to do this Tiberium shooter game.

Westwood and then several other studios under EA as well.

"Commander you are now in charge of every man woman and child in the United States military."

[​IMG]
    (Even though the NOD / Soviet faction usually had the most personality some of the IGN / Allies had their moments.)

EDIT: But yeah bit of a different time and a different vision from the back then CEO of EA as I recall.
    No remasters or such and a focus on almost mandatory online components of some kind really early on.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well they have set it up so I think they will definitely continue in Andromeda. It's a pity, because resetting everything in Andromeda was a good idea, but the story is the most unimaginative and cliche thing ever. The antagonist is boring and worst of all, characters and dialogues are terrible. I don't expect them to change all of that, but they can make OK story out of Andromeda and if they make actually interesting conversations and a reason to care about your crew mates it would be fine by me.

Maybe EA got different plans now, since their long established IPs are kinda failing and they took a lot of money in investment. E.g. EA have released the fallen order which is just SP without any of the forced microtransaction BS. So maybe they will leave microtransaction just to FIFA, but I recall reading about some backlash about it even there.

9. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    ME:A is nowhere near as bad as anyone said it was.

Come at me.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I played it, I regret playing it, It's terrible.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And I failed to force myself to continue it beyond the point when antagonist gets a ship.

Consensus is ME:A has good visuals and combat, and dull story/conversations/characters.
    Though, I was utterly disappointed when I discovered that devs removed squad powers from player`s control.
    It just does not feel like ME game.

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    ME:A is indeed not as bad as many make it out to be. It's an average game, perhaps slightly over average. Problem is it sits right there next to amazing games like the first 2 games in the series were. ME2 is, for me, head and shoulders above something like TW3. It's not even close. One of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Don't get upset people, this is obviously my opinion.

13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well this series is still my favorite to play to this day as a trilogy, so i wont lie - im still excited for this release. no too long now
    around half a year to go. just hope they will fix some small and stupid issues that they never bother fixing.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i am not.

larian the new bioware.

bioware is probably done, they need a hit like ks said. a safe remaster buys them some time.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If they can bring the wonky controls etc in the first mass effect in line with mass effect 2 and 3 with the remaster, then im happy. First mass effect feels seriously dated, where as the other 2 doesn't.

Anarion, coc and mbk1969 like this.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    ME1 needs some serious rework. It feels cheap as hell outside of main locations.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
  18. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Something that dawned on me out of random is that there's IMO 90% chance EA will double dip on recycling the programming work needed to adapt UE3 to run on next-gens by also doing exact same repackaging with minimal improvements to Dead Space series.

They essentially have a set of other 3 UE3 games laying around doing nothing when they could be easily rehashed with minimal effort to be put on shelves as "next gen remasters".

19. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
  20. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G