RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Why make these threads before the products aren't even officially launched ?

Anyway, count me in, 6800X for sure (900X too expensive while 800 (non X) not worth the price).

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    People need a place to vent their excitement with like-minded folks

Undying likes this.
  3. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    6800 (non XT) is faster than RTX 2080Ti and still much cheaper than it, how is it not worth it..
    2 more weeks, the waiting is killing me, at least Ryzen 5xxx are here, I hope xD

4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    AMD Radeon RX 6800XT – BIOS reveals new details about Rage Mode, Turbo Mode and Silent Mode
    https://www.igorslab.de/en/amd-radeon-rx-6800xt-bios-ray-new-details-to-wear-mode-turbo-mode-and-silent-mode-exclusive/

lukas_1987_dion likes this.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I wanna order already damnit XD

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Performance per $ of 6800 is worse than performance per $ 6800XT provides.
    When higher product delivers higher value than lower product, it is simply not worth it. Same as 3900X provides more per $ than 3800X.
    Same as 5900X provides more per $ than 5800X.

I think AMD is trying something here.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    6800XT is GPU of the decade IMhO.
    Im upgading in get-skip-get mode (Next GPU will be RDNA4 or nV 5000).
    So 6800XT is 649€ GPU w/Raw powah of 2xVega LC that was 749€ SKU back in the old days.

We're getting to the sweat 100FPS 1440p Ultra point in any Game now.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    6800XT is the 5900X of the gpu world.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    5900X for the money is a steal ;) for some 3D geeks best will be 5950X :p
    For gamers -> sweet spot is 3700X for 279€ (give it 4.4GHz for 1st 4 Cores and You can play any game).

kProphetk likes this.
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Heh... waiting on my ZEN3 Threadripper so I can enjoy SAM with my upcoming RX6xxx GPU.

Unfortunately yesterday in the AMD Webinar they couldn't share anything related to the upcoming products (I have asked AMD, they responded with "sorry, can't do... wait")...

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jp773u/asus_rep_indicates_rx_6000_launch_will_be_just_as/

Expected but good to know I suppose.

Embra and pharma like this.
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    @JonasBeckman I was just going to post that. Sad news indeed, I was hoping for good stock levels in order to steal even more customers from the green team.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I'm expecting general availability to be a issue until early 2021 for these and the later launch and third party designs of he 6900 is likely going to be seeing even more limited availability especially these first few deliveries.
    AMD sells their stock to retailers and web stores and gives some recommendations but that's where their involvement mostly ends as one of the Reddit comments mentioned so any chances of picking one up is going to be slim for the first batch on the 18th though we'll see but even with a great allotment of cards they're going to go fast.

All of the various default versions with different stickers a bit ahead of the custom models and then however many of the Strix, Nitros and Devils and so on will be available once those are in stock.

EDIT: Well I suppose that goes for much of the hardware situation in general, wonder how the console launch is going to be faring thinking about it but eh for now the GPU situation and availability and lack thereof from NVIDIA and likely also AMD within a short amount of time after sales begin on the 18th November for the 6800 and 6800XT then is it?

Followed by the 6900XT in a few weeks likely in more limited quantities and the custom designs for the 6800's and 6800XT's and finally the 6900XT customs.

Wonder if I have time to see what the stock situation at least looks like before they sell out.
    Restocking might take some time too for new batches, CPU situation might fare a bit better here it's smaller chips and such but I don't expect too much in terms of having a ready supply of hardware available for how it's looking like currently.

14. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Remember when an Asus rep assured us that Asus wouldn't give Zen 3 support to 4xx motherboards?
    It also doesn't make sense. The 6800XT has a better price/performance ratio than the regular 6800, which kind of ascertains that there won't be that much more 6800's than XTs, or the regular 6800 would be cheaper.

Nevertheless, I'm going to try and grab one at the exact time they officially release, just in case.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its almost as if theres an underlying component shortage that has nothing to do with asic yields........

16. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    My money is ready for the 6800x or 3800 ti/super. Anything under 750€ and 4k ready will work.

For now I will keep playing the waiting game... waiting for a 5900x waiting for a gpu...

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We are playing the waiting game unfortunately. Prices and demand are high and 6800xt also probably be sold out in a minute.

18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I really hope its not as bad as the 3000 series launch. I really want AMD to do well here. They finally are coming back to the enthusiast and high end GPUs. We need them to be a success so they'll keep on innovating.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Black Edition Graphics Card Spotted In The Wild

The AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Black Edition graphics card as I would like to say it should not be mistaken with the XFX Black Edition which will rock a custom-designed cooler.
    This variant has reference cooling and PCB designs and from the looks of it, this doesn't seem to be a custom modding job but rather a retail variant that should be available by a certain manufacturer.
    Just which manufacturer that would be is a complete unknown at this moment but we will know in a few days.

As for the card itself, while the standard reference design features silver and black accents with a silver-colored backplate, the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Black Edition comes with an all-black back-plate and even the front shroud and the I/O plate is covered black.
    The fan-blades are colored in silver along the edges and the outer trim of the Radeon sticker. Overall, this black version looks a lot better than the reference design and we can't wait to see this thing hit the retail segment in a couple of weeks.

-> https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-black-edition-graphics-card-spotted/

[​IMG]

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV