Guru3D Content Review: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What's Hilberts magic that he beats the 10900K and TPU doesn't even beat the 10700K ?

2. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    AMD is in the drawing room last 3 years, that is why they got faster and better.

3. Francesco

Francesco Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    Judging by reviews around and comparing them to TPU one it looks like INTEL $$ landed there before new Ryzens did.

sykozis and ZXRaziel like this.
  4. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    They are further ahead imho.
    If you can integrate 32mb of cache easily is because you are at 7nm, and 7nm isn't supposed to give you speed, but power efficiency.
    So in my opinion i see a great use of the 7nm process here, taking advantage of what it can do.

Of course, if intel 7nm will be at 6Ghz stock, for example, well it means that AMD wasn't able to use it properly, but i m not sure that is the case.

devastator likes this.

5. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Paper launch my anus, they've got them in stock where I live. I've been avoiding looking in the general direction of my wallet since then.

Yeah Zen 1 was a rough diamond for sure, there was the whole RAM support issue and I don't know if other mainboard manufacturers got it better, but I've had pretty weird issues with mine (some Gigabyte X370 one).

Whether an upgrade was worth it depended on what CPU you were coming from and whether you were getting one before or after Intel's 8th gen launch. There was a window where your choices were either a 4c Intel part or an 8c AMD part. During that window buying a 4c part felt like a ripoff, hence I opted for a 1700X. It's had a good run but I doubt it'll survive the next week, my fingers are itching for an upgrade.

I definitely wouldn't upgrade the 3900X if I were you though, it doesn't seem to be worth it. Also AM5 will probably come with a new level of goodies, I wouldn't hesitate to wait for sure ;)

Solfaur likes this.
  6. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    I m so happy with 5950X just XPM and go alone to 5050mhz some core. ;)

HandR, Valken and Lily GFX like this.
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, seems TPU was paid by Intel.

Every other online review i see has the new AMDs beat Intel everywhere.

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    And scalpers are already online with them with a nice mark up.... and some have sold already... stop giving these people your money and they will go away

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Would love to have seen MSFS 2020 benched as that is likely the most CPU demanding game out there. But otherwise nice review. :)

10. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800

I havent seen their reviews, but i heard it all depends on the games tested, for example RDR2 runs better on Intel

11. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. GB_Hans

GB_Hans Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Nice review, Hilbert. Would be interesting to see a % CPU usage comparison across of few cpus with same core/thread with all running the same high res/4K game (just wondering if these new cpu's have to work less when producing similar gpu-bottlenecked framerates, or is the difference so small it's insignificant?)

Also, the msrp price listed on page 1 should be corrected (currently says $549, but should be $299 for the 5600X shown as on page 2?)

ZXRaziel likes this.
  13. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Here you go: from Linus video

[​IMG]

Makste, Lily GFX and alanm like this.
  14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The take away from TPU and here is the setup. Read the review setup at TPU. Mobo is different, ram is slower. Takeaway is that one will need faster ram this time around. 3600 is the starting point now and not 3200.

HandR likes this.
  15. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Very nice performance AMD. I can finally retire my 6900k.

16. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    Great review as always. With all due respect Hilbert, it is high time to replace the test machine. Poll should prove if I'm wrong, but IPC, power consumption, t, security, PCI-E 4.0. . . speak in favor of my proposition.

BReal85 likes this.
  17. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I've used Zen 1 and owned several Zen+ and one Zen 2 system. Stability was only an issue on Zen 1 (early bios primarily) and again on X399 (memory, in my experience).

I don't know of any current AM4 stability issues or any issues related to Zen 2, current AM4 chipsets or TR4.

TPU did mention they were running the DDR4 3200, which is technically below spec, could account for the differences when other reviews (HH included) have 3600.

18. Francesco

Francesco Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    The odd thing at TPU is that 5900x is beaten by the 3900XT (even if by a small margin) in more than one gaming test, hell in a bunch of tests it's even behind the 3600X... in general for what concerns gaming it's a lot closer to the previous gen compared to the other reviews, it depicts a very different picture.

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The current gen is very sensitive to ram speed from the looks of it. The reason am sure TPU used 3200 is because that is what the last gen really was compatible with and AMD themselves show that current gen only officially supports up to 3200 still. So 3600 is above spec.

20. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    so 10850k and 3090 fe owner here.

Where in Witcher 3 were you for these tests, what settings in game etc? for the 1440p results.

can you please post what setting were used for the all the games mentioned? trying to simulate results on my end to decide if i keep this 10850k or return it and swap platforms.