Xbox Series S has 364 GB of space available for games

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t understand, what´s eating so much space on the console´s SSD???

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I have around 60-70 games installed on an external 8GB drive connected top my XBox One X, including those you mention and games of similar size, plenty of space left on the drive.
    Lot of games also got high resolution textures as an additional option, so it' might not be as bad as it seems.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Os and some crap sony forcing you to use.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Sony?

Stormyandcold, Maddness and Undying like this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah my bad. I was still thinking why ps5 have only 800gb. :)

theoneofgod likes this.
  6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    True, but the cheapest external nvme SSDs are not actually cheap and the cheap external mechanicals are really, really slow. Supposedly the internal nvme speed is actually a game-changing component this round. (I have doubts but we'll see)

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    To be fair it looks like Sony's OS is taking less of a partition than the bloatware M$ is putting on the Xbox.

I also think Sony over previsioned the SSD in the PS5 so it could last longer. It looks like M$ just went off-the-shelf so to say on their solution.

Undying likes this.
  8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    You don't need more than 256gb.:oops:

Undying likes this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    So its cheaper than Series X (which is the dumbest name ever) but if you want more than a couple games installed you have to buy a $220 dollar compatible SSD? Brilliant. Also does the Series X even have any exclusives at launch? Sure it can play older games with higher frames and faster loading times but isn't the point of a new console new games?

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Human eye cant see more anyway.

itpro, Maddness and gmavignier like this.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    How dare you over look Tetris?!?! /s

12. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    So you can install one CoD game ;)

13. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    What's Msofts history in terms of decent indie titles? I have 0 of the big releases for my switch but a tonnes of sweet indies that are waaaaay better value for money. This could actually be a great console for that and then maybe one Big game at a time max.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I keep saying that it gona come back to bite both Sony and MS on the ass for using there super expensive storage just for speed and sacrificing storage space. only way it NOT gona bite them on the ass is if SAID storage prices drop dramatically, And I highly doubt that is gona happen.

To get storage same size it gona cost 4/5th the price of the ps5/xbox x series..... that is more anyone with brain can see stupid that and how bad of idea these nvme drives are. there speed is great there cost is absolutely not

I wont spend the price of console to get same storage size I have currently

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    980 pro is $220 for 1TB that's not close to 4/5th the price of a PS5. Also both Sony and MS have said the games can be stored on a mass external drive and moved back to play. You can get a 8TB external for what $130? Your argument is just you b!tching at this point.

Plus with the e18 Phison controller being released more 7k/7k PCIe4.0 drives with become available and at that point let the pricing games begin.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not for 4TB there 400, 2 TB is 200$ you are only person on these forms that keep claim game size will get smaller and your wrong about that, and not just me any thing with brain can see what exactly the price of thes drives are you damn well you need those super expense drive to play the ps5 and Xbox x-s series games they wont run on external drives. using normal extral drive is argue that only work for last gen games

You of all people should know this but what ever

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Read the post. I didn't claim the games could be played from the external but that they could be stored. Also yes games can shrink on the new consoles. Spiderman remaster is 15GB less on PS5 than its original version on PS4.

I use a 500GB SSD on my PS4 and moving a 100GB game takes about 4-5 minuets over that slow USB the new console has 10GB USB go moving a 100GB+ file once in a while will not be a big deal.

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Halo 5 is already 90gb, Gears 5 is about 60, Forza is also about 60, and COD is pushing over 100 easy. I'm not even counting games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, PSO2, or Monster Hunter.

itpro likes this.
  19. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    I thought current CoD is 175-250gb. Once microtransactions get in, it will be hard to tell if it will fit...

itpro likes this.
  20. k0vasz

k0vasz Active Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    it depends on the games/how many games you play simultaneously: at the moment, I have 8 games installed on a 250 SSD, and still have some space (beside Windows and everyting else). But with games like CoD, MMOs etc it wouldn't be enough for sure