GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Could launch November 17th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    People are not gonna buy these for raytracing.

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    They did it with the 1600 series. I'm still interested in this card as it should be perfectly fine for 1440p, but who knows when the hell you'll actually be able to get one.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still say 3xxx is most paper launch those that actual have 3xxx series are far between last i check, then again i not really keep up with all this pretty much look at price of this stuff and see if go in price year after year 1070ti be with me for while

4. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Like everyone; I am extremely disappointed by the delays of this launch, I have been struggling with my 660Ti for a long time now, and I really needed to upgrade to this card. :*(

The prices are through the roof too, near double of MSRP. No, just NO.

patteSatan likes this.

5. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Have to be honest I have a liquid cooled 2080ti which was supposed to bne the Bees Knees for RTX last Gen after I tried it for novelty value it got turned off and not used since I prefer to frag than see pretty things and die!

6. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    AMD yourself then:)

moo100times likes this.
  7. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    They will. But they shouldn't.

8. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    I will have to see some reviews first, it's not clear yet what AMD brings to the table when it comes to features, the performance looks great though. I will never buy any PC part above $400 and it's not clear if the RX 6700 will launch on the 18th of November, most likely not and the RX 6800 is out of my price point.

9. k0vasz

k0vasz Active Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    I, for one, will do. Using a fullHD monitor, it'll just perfectly enough.

Kaarme likes this.
  10. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Then your PC will slowly become less and less capable as time goes on would you pay any more than the last Gen for more performance ? If the answer is no then why bother at all, I too am awaiting reviews, however the AMD 6800xt card bests my Current card by some margin and is half what I paid even less if you factor in the water block, has more Ram and uses less power for me its a no brainer

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I went from 660gtx to 1070ti and it was huge jump in performance more so then any other card to card I got. main reason why went from 660gtx tp 1070ti was cause the 660gtx could not play skyrim se at 1080p60 fps... the one pc game i play the crap out of.

RT is still just PR imo to much performance hit we got few years before it really becomes.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  13. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Today I launched my new Automobile Company. The first car is the AS12 SS, a V12, with 1400 horsepower super car. Price is $119,999. Tomorrow I'm launching the AS6 GT, V6 super-turbo-blower charged version with 999.99 horsepower for $99,999. You may send me money now. I'm taking pre-orders.

On a more serious note. Maybe when they get around to releasing the RTX GTX 3015, 5GB, 96 bit version, I'll be able to afford it.

14. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    To be fair considering these are relatively on par if not better in certain cases than the 2080TIs - their RT performance isn't "terrible" so while people won't "buy them for raytracing" they can use RT "performance" modes at 1440p as opposed to "quality" presets at 4K etc... more of a byproduct than intent as it were...

EDIT: I think supplying these cards to actual buyers will be the real challenge considering NVIDIA has already delayed them and they haven't even launched yet. That doesn't have the best look per-say. Must be a nice time to be an AMD shareholder.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Paper Lau.. what?

[​IMG]

Kevin Mauro likes this.

16. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    I will then just stop upgrading at one point, your right, at that point I won't bother to upgrade at all, I will simply just play what I have, if something breaks, I will just buy it second hand as I require because prices have already reached ludicrous levels, the irony is, even second hand prices will eventually reach that $400 limit. If the progress wasn't made at more or less the same price levels of the previous generations, it wasn't a leap forward, otherwise, fewer and fewer people will be able to afford them as time passes, which is already happening but will become worse with time. The crazy prices have nothing to do with inflation either, if it were, they would have been significantly cheaper than they are now. No, this is simply greed, this "shortage" is to drive prices up even further. I also wish "free games" were never bundled, because they aren't free, I would rather have that $60-100 cheaper GPU and decide what I want to do with that $60-$100, thanks, I guess people also didn't notice that price bump on their GPU's when the "bundled" bs started?

Let's follow your logic further.. okay, it's a new generation with more features, it's faster, R&D costs blah blah blah, when is enough, enough for you? $10 000? $100 000? $1 000 000? $10 000 0000? $100 000 000? $1 000 000 000?

patteSatan likes this.
  17. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Am sorry but your not getting the overall message, progress in terms of research and engineering costs Money, would you still expect to pay the same for say a family car as you did 20 years ago? No? Why not? Because that same car can do the same things and has the same features easily as a Top of the range vehicle of 20 years ago, its is safer, quicker, needs less servicing, causes less pollution and has features such as Climate control, airbags, ABS, etc etc that were at one time optional, who pays for all the research and development or is it better we all drive a VW Golf from the year 2000.
    The new cards from both Teams surpass the previous gen by some margin but you dont want to pay for the development, increased engineering and quality that creates this effect, does that make sense?

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yes they will. If a PS5 can do it, why can't a $400 GPU?

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  19. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    :/ didn't even leave the cardboard stock

XenthorX likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.