RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Game changer would be if amd somehow implemented a dlss like feature that we can use in every game even if the quality is not as good. Is that even possible?

holeindalip likes this.
  2. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
  3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Will be interesting to see how AMD own dlss type of thing works

Maddness likes this.
  4. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    I think SAM sounds quite interesting. It makes sense why AMD released PCIE 4.0 as early as they did for a reason. Why push something that generally has no other benefit for gaming?

I’ve been running a 3800x and x570 for a year. It’s a great pc and solid gamer at 1440p. If SAM does indeed show results then when it’s ready I’ll make the cpu and gpu upgrade next year.

holeindalip likes this.

5. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Maybe just render at a lower-than-native resolution (upscaled by GPU and not monitor), combined with RIS? But that would already be better looking than DLSS 1.0...

Personally I'm not that impressed yet by even DLSS 2.0, by looking at the Death Stranding comparisons vs Native 4K, and FidelityFX. But then again, both DLSS and Native seem blurry/too smooth when compared to FidelityFX, while the latter has way worse Aliasing. It's like FXAA vs MLAA all over again!

nikobellic and Undying like this.
  6. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    The performance uplift is pretty huge though.

DLSS 2.0 + Nv Sharpening filter on games that are running poorly (40-50fps) is where I've found myself using it.
    The IQ reduction is not as bad as screen motion-blur or FXAA, but I'd never turn it on when a game is already running at good framerates.

7. holeindalip

holeindalip Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64
    They did say 5-10% uplift before any game studio has taking advantage of it, that’s where I’m thinking that the new consoles probably use this tech and could possibly bring higher performance on next years games

edit:by all means I don’t think this is something that’s going to give it a 75% uptick, but I think it is something that could go as far as 25%

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD RDNA2 with ray tracing and AI supersampling?

Frank Azor the Alienware co-founders and now Chief Gaming Architect at AMD, confirmed on Twitter that AMD will provide more details on its ray-tracing hardware support and AI supersampling
    ‘between now and availability dates’ of the Radeon RX 6000 series.

AMD hardware is the core of the next-generation gaming consoles that will launch later this month (PS5 and XBOX S/X). Both feature hardware-accelerated ray tracing thanks to an RDNA2-based graphics subsystem,
    which is also the architecture behind the just-announced Radeon RX 6000 series of discrete desktop graphics cards.

At the announcement, AMD was not eager to share too many details on the implementation of its highly anticipated technologies: ray tracing and AI super sampling (super-resolution),
    both happening to be the core feature of the GeForce RTX series. NVIDIA RTX and NVIDIA DLSS require game developers’ implementation.

More than 2 years from the launch the list of supported games has noticeably grown, but it is still not a significant number.

AMD promised that their implementation of AI super-resolution would be open and cross-platform, so it may rely on DirectX DirectML and possibly offer easier access for developers.
    Sadly, no details were provided, but Scott Herkleman said that is looking always looking to help developers with such technologies.

We are yet to see if AMD will implement ray-tracing acceleration and super-resolution technology into its FidelityFX package, or rather wait for market adoption of DirectX DXR and DirectML super-resolution.
    The good news is that AMD is planning to share more details on these technologies very soon, as Frank Azor confirmed on Twitter that more disclosures regarding ray tracing and super-resolution will be made by November 18th (launch of Radeon RX 6000 series):

Those answers will come between now and our availability dates.
    Please stay tuned. Thank you for your support and interest.

— Frank Azor (@AzorFrank) October 29, 2020

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    AMD CONFIRMS RX 6000 SERIES WILL SUPPORT EXISTING RAY TRACING TITLES
    November 3, 2020

https://adoredtv.com/amd-confirms-rx-6000-series-will-support-existing-ray-tracing-titles/

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    12GB :eek: 4K?

holeindalip likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Announces Raytracing Support For Radeon RX 6000 RDNA 2 Graphics Cards In All Microsoft DXR & Vulkan Raytracing APIs Based Games

AMD will support all ray tracing titles using industry-based standards, including the Microsoft DXR API and the upcoming Vulkan raytracing API.
    Games making of use of proprietary raytracing APIs and extensions will not be supported.

AMD Marketing via AdoredTV

For starters, there are only a handful of titles that are locked behind NVIDIA's RTX implementation and therefore, regarded as a proprietary standard.
    Major game engines such as Frostbite, Unreal, Seed & Unity are based on Microsoft's DXR APIs. Vulkan Raytracing is also implemented in Id tech's new engines for its next-generation title however, currently, they are only supported for RTX GPUs.

There is a big possibility that developers who have their games based on industry-standard APIs for raytracing will at some point enable support for AMD's Radeon RX 6000 RDNA 2 graphics cards but that remains to be seen.
    We could also see a drastic difference between NVIDIA's RTX & AMD's own raytracing implementation in the same titles too.

Following is a list of all the games available that are based on Microsoft's DXR API:

• Battlefield V
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    • Control
    • Deliver Us The Moon
    • Dirt 5
    • Fortnite
    • Metro Exodus
    • Shadow of The Tomb Raider
    • Wolfenstein Youngblood

We are always looking to help developers with new initiatives and we are already working on a super-resolution feature to give gamers an option for more performance when using ray tracing.

Scott Herkelman - AMD

Jackalito, JonasBeckman and PrEzi like this.
  13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Looks good!
    So basically 99% of current RT games. And I bet that since Quake 2 is now open source there will be a re-implemetation based on Vulkan RT API.
    And Minecraft - I dont give a damn :p

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ This :p :D :cool:

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Youngblood is Vulkan so I think that's NV_ RTX Vulkan extension from before these got into the main Khronos standard extensions.
    Watch_Dogs Legion is D3D12 but has a custom NVAPI RTX extension at least responsible for de-noising so it'll be interesting to see how that works.

EDIT: Well AMD would also have to support the KR_ ray tracing extensions or have their own AMD_ RT extensions for anything Vulkan related.

Could happen sooner or could happen later but something like a newer driver post the 6000 series GPU's like the latter 20.11 set perhaps and moving up to the 1.2.148+ or higher Vulkan API SDK and extension support just a guess though.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 3DMark Time Spy Extreme Benchmark On Par With GeForce RTX 3080 – Rumor Claims Great Drivers, Excellent Temperatures But Noisy Cooler

New information regarding the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT RDNA 2 graphics card including 3DMark benchmark performance has been leaked by a user on Chinese Baidu forums.
    The info suggests that the Radeon RX 6800 XT is going to be comfortably positioned against NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card.

AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT RDNA 2 Graphics Card 3DMark Time Spy Extreme Benchmark on Par With NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3080

The user who had got early access to the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT reveals that the graphics card scores around 8500 points in the 3DMark Time Spy Extreme benchmark.
    The GeForce RTX 3080 stock graphics card scores around 8900-9000 points in the same benchmark (graphics score) that puts the RX 6800 XT on par with NVIDIA's $699 US offering.
    The Radeon RX 6800 XT will be retailing at $649 US which is $50 less than the GeForce RTX 3080.

[​IMG]
    AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 3DMark Time Spy (Graphics Score) performance benchmark. (Image Credits: Harukaze5719)

We have already seen gaming performance results at 4K and WQHD where the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT leads in 5 out of 10 titles tested against the RTX 3080.
    In addition to that, we have also seen that the Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards could end up offering raytracing performance on par or even better than GeForce RTX 30 series with DLSS disabled.
    AMD is also working on its own AI super-resolution (Microsoft DirectML based) solution so that will end up offering even better performance when the feature is introduced for the lineup.

The most interesting details highlighted by the user are not in fact the performance numbers but information regarding cooling and driver support.
    According to the leaker, the Radeon RX 6800 XT will have very stable drivers at launch and that would also be the case for the rest of AMD Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards.
    The triple-fan cooling solution is said to be slightly noisy but offers excellent temperatures. We can also expect Quiet / Performance / Rage modes to allow users with a choice of preset that adjusts to their preferences.
    The most important statement is that the user experience with AMD Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards will be much better than the NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 30 series lineup.

17. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    True. Ray Tracing as a Khronos standard api did not exist until March 2020. Before that only NV extensions were available to developers. An example is Wolfenstein Youngblood using the Vulkan NV ray tracing and was released in January 2020.
    Exactly. Different architectures requires hardware vendors using Vulkan to create their own extensions to exploit device specific features.

18. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Hoping to be among first in my neck of the woods to land an RX 6800XT, so looking forward to replacing my PC VEGA64 Red Devil (which will replace my GB VEGA64 Gaming OC in my 2nd rig, the card is dying on me!). Hoping to get a Sapphire or PowerColor RX 6800XT, reference cooler is fine by me if 3rd party ones aren't available.

19. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    6800 xt is the attractive buy although the 6900 is the one I'm really tempted to buy

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    My next m-itx build will be all AMD/Radeon
    SO WHEN WHEN WHEN?????