New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Undying likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  3. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why not? 350-400W 6900XT, How beastly would that be?

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Because I can imagine current spikes at 400W. Would not want to subject my good, but only 750W PSU to that.
    While I expect reference cards to have as good design as they always have, I have feeling that such use can drain capacitors in heaviest part of frame rendering which would lead to voltage drop => instability.

(And 300W is not small amount of heat already.)

6. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Seems that the time has come for an upgrade soon for me

i'll wait till next february and see how prices and availability develops

The 6800xt seems to be quite nice :D

7. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
  8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think the 6800XT is the pic of the bunch if you can afford it. Like the 3090, I believe the 6900XT isn't worth the extra money for the performance uplift you get.

OnnA and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.
  9. holeindalip

holeindalip Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64
    i know cpu doesnt make much difference at 4k but just realized AMD is only running 3200mhz memory on that zen3 and they say the new sweet spot is 4000mhz. sweet times ahead for team red,

its the same uplift going from the 3080 to the 3090 = 6800xt to the 6900xt 8% - 10% improvement...

lukas_1987_dion and Maddness like this.
  10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That's right and it's not worth the cost increase imo.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd be scoping the local tech mall here in my neck of the woods for a 6800XT come launch day. Since I game at 3840x1080, 144Hz, the 6800XT should let me game at that res with max or near max ingame setting.

12. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    True, it's still more worth it than 3090 tho, 1500$ vs 1000$ and 6900XT having about the same performance (better in games without RT and worse in games with RT) but with lower power consumption.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    PrEzi likes this.
  13. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Yah, i'm gonna see if i can make the money till february/march, i have 2 "interviews" pending for getting a job with modelling for smaller advertisement agencies in hamburg, but due to covid it's delayed :/

I hope it get's sorted out till then i may also upgrade my cpu+mainboard then :)

14. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    upload_2020-10-31_12-47-54.png

HD64G and OnnA like this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Guys we need to move to RX6000 thread.
    Leave New upcoming for RDNA3, PS6 & XboX4 :p

holeindalip and z8373767 like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia is relaying on dlss as their win otherwise they get wiped. Amd needs dlss of their own and probably with december adrenalin update.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  17. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Well the RX6000 cards are still "upcoming" at the moment, so it's not a crime (yet!) to post here instead :cool::D

OnnA likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Xbox Series X’s Advantage Could Lie in Its Machine Learning-Powered Shader Cores, Says Quantic Dream

With the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 now only a couple of weeks away from the respective launches, the debate surrounding Microsoft's and Sony's next-generation consoles is more heated than ever.
    Which one is better than the other, hardware-wise? That's one of the biggest questions, of course, as despite the underlying similarities (both are based on AMD's technology) there are quite a few differences as well.

When we recently interviewed David Cage, CEO and founder of Quantic Dream, he highlighted the Xbox Series X's shader cores as more suitable for machine learning tasks, which could allow the console to perform a DLSS-like performance-enhancing image reconstruction technique.

It is always challenging to compare hardware, as they always have advantages and disadvantages. It is not just a matter of CPU or frequency; it is more about the consistency of the components and the possibilities of advanced features.

The CPU of the two consoles uses the same processor (slightly faster on Xbox Series X), the GPU of the Xbox also seems more powerful, as it is 16% faster than the PS5 GPU, with a bandwidth that is 25% faster.
    The transfer speed from the SSD is twice as fast on PS5.

The shader cores of the Xbox are also more suitable to machine learning, which could be an advantage if Microsoft succeeds in implementing an equivalent to Nvidia’s DLSS (an advanced neural network solution for AI).

Overall, I think that the pure analysis of the hardware shows an advantage for Microsoft, but experience tells us that hardware is only part of the equation:
    Sony showed in the past that their consoles could deliver the best-looking games because their architecture and software were usually very consistent and efficient.

This seems to be exactly what Microsoft is pushing right now. Earlier this week, alongside the announcement that Xbox Series S and X are the only next-gen consoles featuring the full AMD RDNA 2 architecture,
    Microsoft's engineers specifically highlighted these capabilities.

[...] we have gone even further introducing additional next-generation innovation such as hardware accelerated Machine Learning capabilities for better NPC intelligence, more lifelike animation, and improved visual quality via techniques such as ML powered super resolution.

Additionally, we also know from AMD that they're working on an open, cross-platform alternative to NVIDIA's Deep Learning Super-Sampling, which again suggests this could be used on both PC and Xbox Series hardware. The developers at Gaijin Entertainment told us last week they're already exploring DirectML uses for their games, so it seems like only a matter of time before this potential hardware advantage materializes.​

19. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    when I switch to team red can I swawp my Corsair 3600Mhz RAM in to an AMD board?

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes

Maddness likes this.