NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fan control in general is just busted in this driver if you do more than set and forget a speed.

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  2. @ManuelG has updated the issue and seems related only to the Evga Precision X1

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It reproduces in msi ab too

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

In this case even a simple "set and forget a speed" should be broken as well. Software fan curves is nothing but a software loop doing something like "poll temperature, calculate new fixed fan speed and set it". So if it doesn't work - fixed fan control is broken in general.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Welp, hotfix incoming :cool:

6. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I checked it yesterday, and a couple of times again this morning, and the custom fan curve I have set in MSI AB seems to be working as intended on my RTX 2070 Super using Eviltoaster's Clean version of 457.09. It closely follows the curve both on the way up and during recovery after the gpu load decreases.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

New drivers disabled manual fan control for 3xxx series cards only. 2xxx and older are not affected.

Blackfyre, Exostenza and Kosmoz like this.
  8. Okay I'll be Italian, but I didn't understand the meaning of what you wrote o_O

9. Do you know when will be available? There's a little trick to solve the problem?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Once upon a time this sort of thing was resolved by deleting a couple of registry keys responsible for cached thermal sensor data, they no longer exist.

11. Thank you , i'll use the previous driver version until day 0 Game Ready for
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

12. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    442.92, 452.06, 456.71 (hotfix and game ready), 456.98, and a few others I did not add to my notes, all did this. Will try this new one with the crash dumps enabled.

EDIT: No crashes to dump in 3 days so far. Do we have a winner?!?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  13. Schmiddi

Schmiddi Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Crashing for me in Ghostrunner -_-

14. @ManuelG Custom fan control settings not working correctly this is an big issue to resolve quickly :(

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Interesting that the default driver setting for Fortnite is 0.50 Sharpening (NVIDIA Recommended it says).

Who on earth uses that much sharpening, infact who uses it at all as it messes up Anti-Aliasing.

Sharpening shouldn't be enabled by default.

16. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    @ManuelG
    I tested that game with RTX ON and OFF and on my RTX2060 game runs great so far (I player ~ 2 hours yesterday).
    BTW @ManuelG any news about Reflex support for Apex Legends? New season starts in next few days (04.11) and still no info about upcomming support :(

17. HedonismBot

HedonismBot Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I wondered this too last night only to learn It already supports Reflex! - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/nvidia-reflex-apex-legends-out-now/ - you just need to activate it using a launch command line at the moment. I suspect the option will be added within the game's menu with the next season update.

mikolaj612 likes this.
  18. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
  19. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    This also happens with Apex Legends.

[​IMG]

It's actually enabled by default according to that article and since the October 12th Apex update. The command launch option is only needed if one wants to disable the feature.

20. Schmiddi

Schmiddi Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Crashing for me in the Cybervoid...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020