NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 29, 2020.

1. linoleum

linoleum Member

GPU:
    Gigabytes RTX3060Ti
    After, doing a clean install and using DDU, I tried installing again same way I always do: installing just the display drivers on D drive... Same problem: "Installer Failed". Then, for the heck of it, tried again on C drive: Worked! For some reason, telling the installer to extracting on your non-OS drive prevents them from installing correctly.

2. junior_clk

junior_clk Member

I was wondering, I'm on the latest insider channel for windows 10,
    Driver version 460.20 date 8/17/2020
    This is a newer driver but older driver date.
    Should I uninstall the standard DCH driver and install this one?

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Great drivers for rtx3090. able to add +100 to core and boost clocks hits 2070 stable.

4. BrookofClay

BrookofClay Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980Ti
    After installing 457.09 get black screen with my G9 @ 240hz on 3090

Selecting 120hz (you can select this using the monitor's OSD) fixes it but 240hz unusable with these drivers.

Downgrading back to 456.98 fixes this issue and 240hz works again, but we get the DSC bug that was apparently fixed with these drivers

Bunch of others also reporting same bug
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/jkbmyb/g9_and_45709_nvidia_driver/

5. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    Not sure if this is the same problem, but I used to have an issue and it was actually Windows changing the values - as described here:
    Check it out and see if this helps.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No fix, but they do have a general idea whats going on according to Manuel.

Vulkan Beta are DCH only, and you cannot go from DCH<>Standard without deleting some registry values to permit it.

:( I wish i could reproduce this, i've tested both of my 10 series cards, tested a 980ti, 680, etc.

Samsung will resolve this in the future, nvidia's driver is doing everything right from its end at this point.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We have fixed it and will be in an upcoming driver. I am pushing for a hotfix release to get this fix out to users sooner.

Blackfyre, Maddness and Astyanax like this.
  8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    492.xx?

Can you enable full dump files and then send me a dump file from the next TDR you experience to driverfeedback@nvidia.com?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3335

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    A fix will be in our next driver but will try to get a fix out sooner via a hotfix.

10. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Odd question, with the last driver and when i enabled ray tracing/watch dogs..it has a very odd...stuttery feeling, even tho its around 50fps~.
    Are these drivers resolving those kind of issues?

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Which Windows version?

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks for the update

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are working with Samsung on this issue.

Sharty and Maddness like this.
  14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  15. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I appreciate it man. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

16. @ManuelG can you please explain me in detail this issue before I install this driver version?

• [457.09]Custom fan control settings not working correctly [3166034]

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  18. Knives88

Knives88 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Amp
    @ManuelG With Windows 10 x64 20H1 (i don’t remember the version of september) and 20H2 (19042.572)

19. 007licensed

007licensed Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    +1 wrote this before in other 456.XX driver thread... since i can't switch back to older drivers (3080 card)
    please have a look at this

there are a lot people experience that problem...

"Daniel Stancu
    10/16/20
    Same issue here, only I am using Firefox.
    If I play a video on youtube or a movie on Netflix the screen goes black for about 10 seconds and then recovers.
    In event viewer i get the same error with "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    My video card is an RTX 3080 and the latest nVidia 456.71 Driver. Uninstalling this one and installing 456.55 does not fix the issue. Did not tried older ones until now with this video card
    There are no issues whatsoever while playing any games.
    Before this i had an GTX 1080 with 442.74 installed and no display driver crashing or any other issues while playing any kind of video.

C
    CRAVEN232

10/23/20
    3080 user here, I am also getting this issue where both my screens turn off then come back on 5-10seconds later. This is only happening when I am solely browsing the internet not when I am using the computer to play games with

W
    Will Bonasera

4 days
    Using 1080 ti, not sure which driver version I’m using since I’m not presently at my computer. But I’ve also had my Nvidia display driver crash with a black screen and recover twice in October. Both times I had chrome open with a YouTube tab.

J
    Jonathan Davin

3 days
    I have RTX 3080 FE and when using chrome I see my GPU clock boosting so high to only display videos on youtube. (it goes from 300 to 2000Mhz for core clock and 500 to 9000+ for memory using MSI afterburner)

when I play videos, it randomly turns my screen black with kind of a GPU restart. Then my screen comes-back after few seconds. it only happens using chrome while playing videos (youtube, netflix...), never in games or other applications.

scenario: start chrome -> go to youtube -> play vidéo (full screen or not) -> screen turns black -> GPU light and fans turn off -> GPU comes-back -> I'm back to youtube with the lowest res video resolution.

config: i9 9900k - RTX 3080 FE - DDR4 16 3200

I can't say if it's Nvidia drivers issue, hardware issue, or Google chrome, but still only happens while using Chrome, and I know games are a lot more power consuming.

hope this helps diagnosing the problem"

There is also a thread about that problem in german 3dcenter forum...
    so there is a problem...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    AntiSnipe likes this.