Gigabyte Starts Distributing New Ryzen 5000 Firmware Updates for B550 and X570

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2020.

1. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    BIOS for B550 was up long time ago ( 3 or 4 weeks ?).

2. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    That was AGESA ComboPiV2 1.0.8.1, this is AGESA ComboPiV2 1.1.0.0 patch/ revision C.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    haven't updated yet , i will update next year , i'm waiting for 5600 non X variant . I think it will be plenty for next years of gaming .

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Was looking for F31 for my Aorus Xtreme, but can't seem to find it on the GB webby.....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    OK, i'll just wait.

Did btw AIDA memory latency benchmarks, some rumors said 1.0 can cut down on latencies but for me it remained at about 70ns

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    F31e was uploaded today. Getting close to a final ver.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

F31h

or

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f31h.zip

Since the last one was "E" - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f31e.zip

There's probably some other tweaks or fixes here that weren't release ready for a f or g update so this update could also have memory compatibility or other stuff as such beyond just unhiding this option and making it operate with the 6800 GPU's when couple with a 5800 I assume.
    (No idea if the option shows up at all on a 3000 series CPU.)

EDIT: Also still a "lettered" bios so still a beta. :)

Guessing that technically goes for the 1.1.0.0 Patch C type AGESA too as AMD has their own naming and numbering for this and there's already been confirmation on new functionality and restoring some prior functionality and general improvements in later updates and when that's available and bios updates and all that from the various motherboard manufacturers.

Possibly including 1:1 infinity fabric scaling up to 2000 instead of 1800 but needing a solid motherboard and high-quality 5000 series CPU for stability if attempting this though it could in turn make 1800 and then 1900 more stable too.
    (General ongoing compatibility and stability updates to memory.)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Curious as to how this is going to work, apparently it's just AMD being a bit different than usual so we have a standard feature made non-standard and more significant than it actually is here and then NVIDIA is now reportedly also working on getting this supported too but as the WDDM standard that this is and through existing hardware as a driver only implementation so both Intel and AMD CPU/motherboard support as such.

Curiously also that PCI Express 4.0 sounded like it was recommended but NVIDIA straight up mentioned 3.0 support although until available in a newer driver branch for testing not much to do but wait and see how well that turns out if there's a real need for quality circuitry here to avoid potential stability issues. :)

It's a small gain but it could be useful later on and 3 - 5% free performance from doing nothing more than toggling this on is quite good.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Version J and version K came out.

J's up on the server.
    https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f31j.zip

K's the newest from the Tweaktown Gigabyte beta bios topic.

From the discussions on these it sounds like it's getting there in terms of AGESA 1.1.0.0 patch C or what it's at and getting these compatibility problems sorted in particular with memory and XMP setups. :)

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ugh, why does B550 or X570 not support Zen 3 out our of the box? That is unacceptable imo.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ???????????

Because neither existed when the mainboards were first manufactered, it'll probably be a production change for newly made boards.

Undying likes this.
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hopefully with less dubious revisions in the process.

From my understanding of it the 1.0 and 1.1 versions here aren't all that different 1.1 just finishes the Thunderbolt connectivity with a header and plug for the traces that existed on the board.
    1.2 being newer should have a more recent but still below the minimum 1.0.8.0 AGESA code for Zen3 basic support but in addition to this it also removes some caps around the memory modules although this is less extreme than earlier Gigabyte comparisons.

USB Flashback is very useful but I've only had results using a 2.0 stick, 3.0 FAT32 is seen in the bios itself and works but the flashback support doesn't take with the more recent sticks for whatever reason.
    (Can be done CPU-less but only for the main bios, otherwise it flashes the main and secondary bios files over the course of a few minutes.)

Has to be a FAT32 formatted device so 16 GB or less or partitioned as such. (Or else you'd be on ExFat and that's unsupported and it doesn't have a NTFS loader either which feels like a miss but oh well.)

Other bios updates are rolling out too judging by Station-Drivers so ASRock, ASUS, MSI and others should be having similar beta bios updates for compatibility, bug fixes maybe some SAM support in addition to the patches AMD has for the current 1.1.0.0 AGESA code and recommended Zen3 support here. (Still on the "C" patch I think.)

Which seem to be working well though memory compatibility continues to be a bit of it's own thing but maybe more on the motherboard vendors than AMD directly and opportunistic tweaking and aggressive performance pursuits.
    (Or what to call it.)

EDIT: ComboPi AM4 V2 something I never remember the actual name here as the numbers roll and then can also reset so the number alone can denote older AGESA code too and potentially a bit of confusion as a result. :)

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    F31j uploaded today.

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 C for performance optimized on Ryzen 5000 series processors
    2. Add Re-size bar option for AMD Smart Access Memory support
    3. Improve connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub (for Matisse CPU)

JonasBeckman likes this.
  15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    been on there couple of days, works well on my x570 master

Undying likes this.

16. Nicked_Wicked

GPU:
    6900XT
    Still on F31e with my 3800X, I’m guessing F32 is around the corner as well because AGESA 1.1.8.0 is now available.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah saw Asus was launching some new 400 series bios updates with that on it so that's probably next with Gigabyte finalizing the F31 if it's ready (Nice to see the changes that were also done with this F31 beta in addition to SAM support like the USB stability listed there.) before moving to 1.1.8.0 for the F32 and what this has.

Hmm wonder if that's the undervolt support for Zen3 plus SAM on the 400-series AM4 motherboards though there could be more.

EDIT: Maybe that curve functionality too for how Zen3 scales and what more alongside PBO2 I think AMD's calling it, I forgot about that. :)

EDIT:
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...dors/gigabyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios

Version "L" of F31 is available now.

Which would be this:

So no new AGESA code but there's a new AGESA Boot Loader.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    This seems useful in addition to the above just editing in version L being out.

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...abyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page805

EDIT: Hmm Vermeer is Zen3 (Warhol or Warholl as the supposed refresh.)

Huh thought Asus had a 1.1.8.0 bios out for the 400 series motherboards.
    Interesting, potentially a bit of a oops too if it bonks something with the 5000's so that's kinda good to know.

So then 1.1.8.0 is somewhat of a beta...of a beta?
    And 1.1.9.0 which is the improved beta is what will have PBO2 support but not until early next year.

Well it's good to know about issues like this, sounds like "L" above has a few possible issues too but "K" seems to be fairly solid but that's more specific to Gigabyte and these motherboards less the overall AGESA code and AMD.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    "O"
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...dors/gigabyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios

So from "L" past M, N and now version O :)

EDIT: And F11 "N" for the B550's too.
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...gigabyte-latest-beta-bios?p=975721#post975721

EDIT: Looks like the "O" version is also up on the Gigabyte servers so it should be replacing K or L as the new official beta download too, guessing it's the same for the B550 version N replacing the prior ones as well then. :)

Product page on Gigabyte's website and support / downloads and it'd be something like this.
    https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f31o.zip

20. Nicked_Wicked

GPU:
    6900XT
    The new (beta) BIOSes also contains AGESA 1.1.0.0 patch d, as well as the most recent ABL (boot loader) in order to support FCLK at 2000Mhz the best they can.

It’s still luck of the draw of course, I think the chance that a 5xxx chip does IF 2000 without errors and other miscellaneous problems is even less than a 3xxx chip running at 1900 IF.

Renoir on the other hand you can push to 2300+ IF, it’s crazy. I don’t understand how the IMC of those chips show such discrepancies.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.