Alleged benchmark scores of AMD Ryzen 9 5950X hit 690 points in CPU-Z Singe Thread

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Embra, Quad_Tube, Maddness and 3 others like this.
  2. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Very nice. :)

Quad_Tube and Lily GFX like this.
  3. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Wow , 5800X is rocking ,and 5950X gave me a Woodie :)

Quad_Tube and Lily GFX like this.
  4. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig

5. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    This is why I was puzzled when people complained the Zen3 had gone up in price. It has but then it seems so has the performance massively. AMD are not going to give things away to make cheapskates happy.... :) They need money for investment for the future etc.

Aura89, Richard Nutman and Quad_Tube like this.
  6. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    Those results looks awesome!
    I guess the 5900X would be about 670 single-threaded and around 10000 multi-threaded on same test^^

HARDRESET, Quad_Tube and NightWind like this.
  7. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
  8. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I understand the comparison of the Single core, But It really means nothing anymore.

Every program is multithreaded now.

Unless you want it for the original Crysis.:)

Undying likes this.
  9. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    It's because AMD is always the lower quality product. There is always some caveat to using them that means they need to be priced less than Intel. There's your mindset :) Ezpz. I think this is mainly based on inexperience and emperical evidence in minute numbers as well as a range of uneducated assumptions.

10. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    This isn't necessarily true. Many things run on a primary thread and benefit from fast single threaded execution. Point in case being all games.

geogan and cryohellinc like this.

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    That is not true at all. The vast majority of games still benefit from a single thread performance.

This CPU will tick all the boxes for all the scenarios.

12. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Time to rewrite CPUZ.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  13. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Yes, let's make sure it uses some obscure Intel-only instruction that no actual program uses, and instead use a complicated and inefficient emulation for AMD.
    Can't have AMD with higher score than Intel, that's not permitted !

ZXRaziel, geogan and JAMVA like this.
  14. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    He's right though. That's a ridiculous implied IPC improvement that simply won't pan out in real world apps. Something is wrong, very clearly.

15. deksman2

deksman2 Member

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB (mobile)
    Trouble is we see MANY tech reviewers (and people) who emphasize single-threaded performance over multi-threaded... and there are various programs that prefer single-threaded performance over multi-threaded... games in particular won't make use of a large amount of cores or threads and a lot of them prefer clocks and IPC on a single thread... you might get 4 core utilization at best in games (and even then it leaves something to be desired as games aren't usually well optimized for PC's).

Also, single-threaded performance tends to increase performance for all other cores... so if the IPC has gone up significantly (like it has with Zen 3), you're bound to see more improvements across all cores and threads... especially in software that can make use of it.

16. deksman2

deksman2 Member

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB (mobile)
    How can you be sure it won't pan out in the real world?
    Albeit I do agree that a LOT of software is written with Intel code mostly... its not inclusive of both Intel and AMD because for over a decade, Intel had little competition from AMD... that and the fact Intel initially bribed devs to make software which intentionally runs bad on AMD cpu's (which supposedly shouldn't be happening anymore, but I'd surmise there's still some leftover from those days where coding is primarily done with Intel executables in mind... not AMD... hence total overal scores for AMD would still be somewhat lower).

17. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    the majority of DX11 games DX11 or less :
    - cannot use properly more than 4 cores
    - a lot don't even use hyperthreading
    - when you actually look for it (using MSI afterburner rivatuner) you would find some even use only 2 cores/threads no hyperthreading >< (tried to find a single core game didn't find one but I didn't check very old games)
    - most titles benefit 100% from higher cpu clocks
    - high end gpus require fast clocked cpus to feed them (this far..maybe amd will change that too ?!)
    - most titles suffer from stuttering and fps drops if you have more than 4 cores (set cpu affinity or process lasso can help but not get back 500-1000Mhz more)

DX12 titles aka mostly AAA that not everyone wants to play (tomb raider, assassin's creed etc...) on the other hand benefit hugely from 4+ cores cpus and care less or not at all about cpu clock
    this is super apparent with my "go to" gpu stress test game borderlands 3 which can switch between DX11 and DX12 try it yourself, the game just runs better in DX12 as it uses more cores, something you can see, but also it doesn't care about cpu clock speed, nerf your cpu downclock it 500-700Mhz if you start from high enough 5 or 4.5ghz you'll see it changes almost zero (-0.3fps for me between 5.0->4.2ghz on a 9900k LOL)

I really wish AMD breaks Intel gaming advantage, I want more lanes ! pcie 3.0 x16 is obsolete, stop this crap >< x16 3.0 for a gpu and x4 3.0 for a m.2 should be a minimum ! without taking any lanes from the rest of your motherboard

cryohellinc likes this.
  18. V3RT3X79

V3RT3X79 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    this is strange that the r7 5800x (8cores/16Threads) got a score of 6585 in cpu-z bench, when my r9 3900x (Stock no OC) with the same amount of cores/threads in cpu-z give me the same score.... only single core score that is higher with the r7 5800x.....

https://valid.x86.fr/ua5na1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  19. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    What will Userbenchmark modify this time?

20. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Sadly they did it to Zen 1 so I won't be surprised if they do but on a side note I was being mostly sarcastic when I said that.