New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    In two days, the AMD RX 6000 series graphics cards will be officially released, but this is only a paper announcement. There is still a little time before the evaluation is lifted and the product goes on sale, but AMD has not notified the specific time point.

According to the latest information obtained by Bobantang, AMD will announce all the information of the RX 6000 series at one time on October 28th, US time (early morning of October 29th, domestic time), but the listing time in China will have to wait until November. Around the middle of the day, the conventional evaluation performance will not be announced until then.

The first models include RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT, and RX 6800, which are all based on the Navi 21 core, and there will be the RX 6700 series behind, which will use the Navi 22 medium core.

The RX 6900 XT is the most anticipated flagship card, but it can be confirmed that it does have only a public version of the card, and the number is limited , there will be no non-public version, AIB brand vendors can only get the RX 6800 XT.

The performance of the RX 6900 XT is expected to basically catch up with the RTX 3080, and the RX 6800 XT can be tied with the RTX 3070 at best. This means that AMD has strategically abandoned the battle for the commanding heights this time and directly competed in the mid-market .

It is still unclear why AMD did this. It is estimated that the Navi 21 XTX used in the RX 6900 XT has limitations in one or more aspects such as yield, power consumption, and performance.

According to rumors, the RX 6900 XT has 80 computing units, 5120 stream processors, a core game frequency of 2040MHz, an acceleration frequency of 2330MHz, 256-bit 16GB GDDR6 video memory, and an equivalent frequency of at least 16GHz.

RX 6800 XT is code-named Navi 21 XT, 72 computing units, 4608 stream processors, core game frequency 2015MHz, acceleration frequency 2250MHz, and memory as above.

RX 6800 is codenamed Navi 21 XL, 64 computing units, 4096 stream processors, core game frequency 1815MHz, acceleration frequency 2105MHz, and the video memory remains unchanged.

The next step is RX 6700 XT and RX 6700. In terms of specifications, we only know that the former has 40 computing units, 2560 stream processors, and 192-bit 12GB GDDR6 video memory. Others are unknown.

[​IMG]
    Source:
    https://news.mydrivers.com/1/720/720190.htm

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Its so hard to really know where these new cards will end up performance wise. But even if the 6900xt is give or take 10% within the 3080 and the 6800xt the same with the 3070, its a huge improvement over the last couple of generation releases. That is a massive feat on its own. Because competiton breeds innovation. So come on AMD, wow us all like you did with RyZen.

3. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    At this point I'm really interested in getting a 6900XT, wherever it ends up compared to the 3080.

The rumours about limited availability are what worry me though.

4. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Same! I want 6900XT, rumors about it being ''limited'' and reference design only are worrying tho.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Limited Edition will mean that there is indeed LC XTX like Vega or Fury.
    Less than 8k units was manufactured (Don't know exact number, it's more or less with emp. on less)

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    5700XT (Navi 10) had plentiful supply due to good yields and production capacity. Navi 21 Chip may have reasonable production capacity as Navi 10 is no longer made.
    Question is yields as it is larger chip. But then if there are fewer 6900XT, there will be more 6900/6800XT/6800 based on same chip. (That's if there is actual 6900.)

But considering there are no news about chip full that would have around ~60 CUs, everything is possible.
    If yields for Navi21 sux, AMD can go with 80/72/64/56 cut-downs. Or other way of disabling problematic parts.
    People originating rumors about 80/60/40 variants are now very quiet about it. And that's problem with this launch. Not that AMD did not leak details themselves. But because TY click magnets spread fake data.
    Tomorrow, everything may end up being very different. As today's state of things is just consensus. And even now, it is rather unstable one.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    RT is what maters most for ATI IMhO.
    We need good performance with RT Enabled Games.
    I don't want to Wait to Play: Control, Metro, BFV and other games.
    I need 70FPS with RT at 1440p.

If don't then nV will outsell ATI yet again.
    For me it's 3080 or Big Navi (for now).

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Control is nothing special. Metro does not need RT and BF5 is rather trashy.
    From F.E.A.R. games, 1st one was the best even while having worst graphics. There is performance to gaming and there is visual necessity for story telling.
    (And I would rather seen/play next installment of "The Suffering" than Control.)

Games that focus only on visual without using it for story telling are doing it wrong way. At least, visuals should set atmosphere. But for that DX-R is still not needed.
    It will become important once games can't be played without it. Or at time there is enough performance for game to actually stop looking like rasterized one.
    (Not this generation.

Currently, only benefit there is comes from easier setup (cheaper game to make). But for that, we pay on HW side and games are not any cheaper.

That's why I care little if game has it as long as it does not look worse than traditional games when disabled. And when that's the case, no point in paying for visual downgrade.

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    5 games?

10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    pharma likes this.
  12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    13 RT for now. Also in a lot of the games the implementation doesn't really change the look of the game that much. Control still best example of RT and you lose nothing imo playing it without it.

Fox2232 likes this.
  13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Opinions vary, but most will enable RT rather than do without.

OnnA likes this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wellif the card pushed 100fps without rt and 50fps with rt i know what im gonna choose.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Depends ofc on the implementation and at what penalty it comes with.

16. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    It's not a fps race. Studios are now more focused on implementing higher graphics fidelity and along side features designed to reduce performance penalty.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Alas I'd still rather play the game at a solid nice fps vs having some reflections on buddles. Or shadows that are barely noticeable but drop frames like crazy and make me go to an inferior iq vs native res.

PrEzi likes this.
  18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I've never been a minimum graphics fidelity type, thankfully never had that choice forced on me..

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well me neither and gladly no one is forcing such. But welp sometimes it just makes more sense to have that 60+ fps instead of that 30 for minimum upgrade in visuals or barely visible one. And who even was talking about minimum graphics that is just you assuming something.

20. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Alas, the RT visuals are definitely noticeable and welcome especially at 4K. These days if your target is 60 fps (+- 5 fps) it should not be a problem for low/mid range Navi 2 or Ampere cards, assuming proactive features to enhance quality and performance are available.