Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Of course you disagree because you don't know what you are talking about. Ignorance!
    Everything i said about Skyrim are the facts. Check it.
    If for you Skyrim is amazing, that's your problem. Like i said; maybe you like shallow games.
    And for adm.Hackett example; it has nothing to do with the consequences in the game. It's just a narrative placeholder, and if you through your weird logic want to consider it to be inconsistency, then it can only be minor.

I don't have problem with your taste. Remember that you first quoted me.
    But there is a problem with ignorance. Ignorance creates shallow art, societies, and of course video games.
    People say how ignorance is a bliss. That's true, but on the short run. On the long run you are gonna pay the price. And this is exactly what we have today in the world. I'm sure that you are aware of what is going on, with a tendency to be much worse; even bigger crisis and conflicts.

Sorry, it does not compile.

2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    my example with Haccket is accurate as it can be. your interpretation of the situation is inaccurate. i can't post an entire paragraph explaining you the events of ME3. if you played it and missed\didn't notice those events - replay it. i am not talking about people given bad advice, and acting differently. im talking about inconsistencies in great games, with great stories. Shepard did several things in ME3 where the narrative was filled with moments of troubled writing. if you want to replay it and prove me wrong, go ahead. and again, it has nothing to do with Skyrim being unfinished, or my own taste in games. i also think your philosophy about ignorance is.. meh. its an easy thing to take some word like ignorance and start pointing it towards the situation
    in the world and so on, i don't see the point of doing so when the argue is based on personal opinions. how the hell can i argue with someone that tells me
    that what i like is shallow, bad, ignorant, buggy, story is joke, game is joke and calling those things - facts ? because CDPR said so ?
    i can deal with someone tells me Skyrim was\is buggy. has a very basic\amateur main story, most of it is actually true. but if you decide that i like
    shallow games, than you must be nuts ;/

i am way beyond fine with strange people calling me or my taste ignorant. happy thoughts and good health is all i can wish you. i can't call some other dude ignorant or shallow if he likes a game i don't like. that's ignorance for ya.

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You have cognitive problems like you are 10.
    That Hackett situation is just a narrative placeholder. It's a filler that has no any effect on the game. Try to understand this.
    Many games have these narrative fillers, just like in real life when people talk about stuff that make no sense. But again these fillers are not important.

Narrative placeholders are not the problem. But many quest placeholders like what we have in Skyrim is huge problem. Actually entire game is one big placeholder, and i have explained why. A shallow walking/collecting simulator.
    There is a saying for Skyrim; a mile wide, an inch deep. It fits perfectly.
    You can like it, but who ever calls it masterpiece is ignorant as fu*k. Just compare it with their the best game Morrowind.
    Skyrim was the first sign that something is wrong with Bethesda. So what is going on with this company today does not surprise me. I was expecting it.

Something similar is happening now with this Metro series.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Found an interesting bug in The Caspian, when going down into the caves with Damir (to get the water), when he says mask on, i don't bother, as i can get through that part fine, without wearing it :p

mbk1969 likes this.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Yeah, but I was able to use that only one time.

Also I found a steady crush - while throwing coal (into the furnace) and speaking with Idiot at the train.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Just started playing this game and noticed that it's prone to crashing with RTX/DLSS enabled. Not sure if it's my undervolt or GeForce Experience overlay.

Anyone got any tips?

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Try different driver first I think. Do you CTD or BSOD?

I didn't play with RTX on constantly but had it on for a fair bit in Volga and no crashes for what it's worth.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got two presets and have tried to find one in the middle but to no luck so far.
    2040MHz @ 0,950mV (Settles at 2010-2025 in game)
    1965MHz @ 0,875mV (Settles at 1965 in game)

Both are stable in TimeSpy.

I did try playing for a moment with stock clocks which seemed to work (the section where you get the train) but temps are higher and clocks are all over the place as usual with constant Power Limit hits.

Are you running stock clocks?

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @Netherwind What is your power usage at 1965Mhz and 2040Mhz?
    On my Gainward at 1950Mhz at same voltage I'm hitting power limit (345W) at least in Quake II RTX so it drops to 1920 - 1905 Mhz regularly.
    Your card have same power limit as mine. I must have pretty power (leaking) hog GPU then.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Slightly oc'ed, GPU hovers between 1995 ... 2040 MHz ingame (+125).
    Memory at +425. No undervolt.

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Are the DLC worth buying? They're on sale on Epic now..

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah, both dlc are good. One is more like exodus and other is more metro like.

Maddness likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So together they're like Metro Exodus?

Sneaky buggers!

Maddness, mbk1969 and Undying like this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Looking forwards to picking this up next week, in need of a medium paced game as i have the slow-burn rdr2 and the fast-paced Doom eternal on the cards right now. I've destroy all humans too but i need to be in a certain mood for that game.:D

mbk1969 and AsiJu like this.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah ive found it crashes there too when you're doing some shovelling, juts drops back to the desktop randomly :D

mbk1969 likes this.
  17. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Still hoping for a DLSS 2.0 update...

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Finally bought it, can't wait to give it a go!
    (£12 not too bad)
    [​IMG]

Maddness, Undying and cerebus23 like this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Finally installed, now to disable motion blur and the mouse acceleration/smoothing, shout out to PCGamingWiki!:D

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The person that designed the save game system, that person should be tossed in a gulag somewhere deep in Siberia.

Already burned once, it was only after the game auto-saved me while I was suffocating to death, where with each reload I was dying 20 seconds later, and having to ultimately restart the game to fix that death loop, that I realized there is an issue. After that harsh lesson, I was trying to maintain a fairly recent quick save (emergency backup), but I let it get a bit old and in my haste, I managed to reload an entire mission I thought I had just completed, losing hours in the process (again). I'm putting it down for a day or 2. :D

Anyways, I just started playing, what a great game, but marred by one of the worst save systems I can recall.