CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Native 4k without rtx will look better than "4k" rtx with that crappy dlss upscaling, as always the case.

If the 3090 can do native 4k60 with rtx enabled, then i will use rtx... if not, then rtx goes bye bye as the first thing.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk why are you hating dlss? I get that native is the way to go but from what i've seen dlss can be quite good delivering almost the perfect image. If 60fps with rtx at 4k is possible using dlss thats a nice way to play i think.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    pfftt, 1080p medium settings for the win...

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    One month to go!

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You have to try it ingame to actually see how bad dlss is, because you can't see several of the most glaring issues with dlss on still shots - they are seen in motion. Basically whenever you move, everything becomes distorted, due to the way dlss works - this especially affects alpha textures and screenspace reflections.

Even the biggest dlss fanboys of them all digital foundry acknowledges this :

Then there is the fact that regardless of technique used, lower render res will give you a less detailed image, that will either be more blurry, or look oversharpened, due to using sharpening filters to try and compensate for the blur.
    Some people dont mind a blurry image, but if you dont mind a blurry image, then why game at 4k in the first place? That's pretty counterintuitive. And i very much dislike an image with sharpening filters applied.

But the lower render res and thus lower detail is quite easy to see on screenshots, even if it is alot more prominent ingame. Text looks fine with dlss, but if you look at the air drain thingies in the bottom, or the reflections on the road, they are noticably more blurry and less detailed with dlss.

Control with dlss enabled

[​IMG]

Control with dlss disabled

[​IMG]

JAMVA, Undying and INSTG8R like this.
  6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I used to regularly check my countdown on GoG but seeing it reset twice just made me sad so I’m just ignoring how long to go...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    To me TW2 definitely is not better than the first one. And i know many people think the same.
    TW3 is obviously much bigger, but not better in all aspects compared to the first one. Like for example the atmosphere is way better in the first one, and even CDPR said the same. TW3 is also more simplified.

8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    https://wccftech.com/cdpr-talks-gi-...-and-using-jali-to-automate-facial-animation/

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Dude i'm someone that uses zero aa in games, nor any other blur effects for that matter and have been like this since day1 and i can tell you dlss, at least in Control is very impressive, i had no issues with it at all. Don't believe the bs.:)

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    So AMD gets Raytracing, eventually, that's what they're expecting anyways.
    Does that put any of you guys off looking for AMD card right now?
    I didn't want to start new thread or add to another and get jumped for asking, IMO it's bs, splitting us gamers down the middle for sake of money.

11. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Don't think anyone knows yet if the RT development techniques for non-RTX GPU's (AMD/Intel) is similar to Nvidia, or if it will mirror what we see done on consoles.

DannyD likes this.
  12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    For me what matters is if the game is good not if it´s going to use RT or any other type of visual effects.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    27 Days, ohhh boy!

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Gonna pre-order in couple weeks, hope the weapon sound effects are at least on par with doom eternal holy crap!:confused:

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Or.. it could be like the Witcher’s sword and miss the sound effect on hit once in a while, just for fun :)

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Or.. you could just not compare the games at all since they're set in two entirely different worlds.

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Or.. we could just be joking around man. Not much to do in the next 27 days or so :)

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The fact that you use zero AA just says everything about your attention to detail, or lack there of.

If you already know now that you are going to preorder, then why wait a couple of weeks? Makes zero sense. But then again, you rarely do...

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    ok cool!

angelgraves13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.