LG Signs a deal with Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2020.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah as a Brit have to agree with most of the comments in this thread...has turned into a bit of a nincompoop.

SniperX likes this.
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    When you said that, reminded me of this:
    [​IMG]

But... I would trust an overweight TV binge watcher over a racing driver.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    I was once a fan of his.
    The colour was never a issue until he became a racist supporting BLM.
    Double standards with todays rich people that bite the hands that fed them is a disgrace.
    LH has done more to increase racism than any other in history. silly man.

4. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    Please to explain to how showing support for "Black Lives Matter" makes him a racist? So showing support for a movement to end injustice, murder, police brutality towards people of colour is racist now? Are everyone who showed to support for BLM a racist, including the millions of people of ALL races from all around the world who showed their support and continue to show their support?

I'm sick to death of closet racists. If Hamilton was a nice, white Englishman I'm sure no one would have a problem with him. Or perhaps you all as just jealous he is an extremely talented sportsman, getting a lot of money doing a job he loves and you are just some no hope keyboard troll. TWAT!!!

Icanium and mitzi76 like this.

5. darkvader75

darkvader75 Member

GPU:
    7900XTX on Water
    I have to agree that Black Eyed Peas for Intel and Hamilton for LG are weird celebrity selections but Marketing departments have used celebrities to sell junk for a century +. I agree nothing either of them say would impact my product decisions as they both have little to no knowledge of the products but if Hamilton thinks LG's style is pretty sure good for him

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So THAT'S WHERE all this hate is coming from!

Thanks a bunch for clearing this up.

Yeah there is that,
    and then there is the tiny issue of being one of greatest drivers ever and 6x World Champion

Regardless of all the hubba hubba, LG will be getting its money worth.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah I might not like him because he's a vegan etc and for me turned into a bit of a douche but am very confused by this comment as well. Yeah there has been things about BLM which in the Uk at least has been shocking but am def behind its core principles.

p.s we should steer clear of this talk anyways not really needed. Its not gonna affect my choice of getting an LG screen or not.

I wouldnt buy a screen based on who's pic is on the box etc. Well maybe a deluxe "dame Shirley Bassey" 3080 edition...or a turbo "evil knievel" edition haha.

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Its more than likely about sponsorship for next year, regardless of what people think.... Lewis Hamilton has broken pretty much every record in F1, LH is prepared to put his name to a product but how is that any different than Hilbert H recommending a product.....only difference is Lewis will more than likely get millions for it and he`s entitled to earn a living regardless of how he does it.

9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Has he bought another or are you just digging up very old dirt

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    [​IMG]

2017 dude - hardly 'very old dirt'.

JAMVA likes this.

11. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    This guy was like my hero, him and Button in the ultimate British lineup of world champions but just cool regular guys that got by on skill alone. Legends! Then he gradually went super woke, vegan, preachy, BLM, anti-police, anti-f1 management all whilst avoiding tax. Glad I already bought my OLED C9 because I'll be waiting a few years for a non LG oled panel foundry now. I hadn't missed a live race since 1992 and have not watched any of the last couple of races.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

Dunno about him driving a Ferrari though

The guy always came across as a bit of a d*ck but the seal on that deal was his BLM shaming oof F1 earlier this year. To para phrase he basically called out F1 for not making a statement about the death of George Floyd.

Perhaps because GF the people and events surrounding him in no way had anything to do with F1 beyond the typical virtue signalling BS that seemed to be the in thing at that time.

IMG-20200917-WA0001.jpg

This sort of sums up the decline of F1.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Fox2232 likes this.
  13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    "Hamilton appears to have used shell companies in the British Virgin Islands (BVI), the Isle of Man and Guernsey to avoid the entire £3.3m VAT bill triggered when he imported his £16.5m red Bombardier aircraft into England from Canada in 2013.".....like i said.....old news, "Legitimate tax avoidance schemes are not illegal. There is no suggestion Hamilton was directly involved in creating the scheme used for his jet. He sought professional advice and followed it.".....not that i give a rats a$$....he is still one of the greatest racing divers to date and has time to break a few more records, it makes me laugh when people pick up on the neg thing but say sod all about the good things like the endless charity work he has done over the years and continues to do...yeah he`s a d**k....not.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The news was announced in 2017 - check the sources and you'll see quite clearly the date.

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Doesn't make him a racist, guilting and shaming others in to making statements and doing actions that individuals may have had no opinion or have been uncomfortable making, forcing his belief, agenda and opinion on others does not make him a racist it makes him a bell end.

16. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    4 years after he bought the aircraft.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    And, that is when it made the news - which does not make 2017 'very old'.

He dodged tax on an aircraft, tax he could have paid in the UK, but made a concious decision to exploit a loophole and NOT pay tax. These are facts. There is no contention.

18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    So his lawyers found a way to exploit the system....and that makes him a d**k.....the world is full of a lot of d**ks.....he`s still the greatest f1 driver alive.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    ...which does not stop him being a person who has dodged tax.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have seen name few times. Had no idea it is F1 racer as I do not follow wanna be sports. (Or any sports in general.)

But why would I follow a racer's advice on things LG makes? Would be same as listening to Gordon Ramsay's advice for same thing instead of following his culinary advice.