Assassins Creed Valhalla System Requirements for PC, supports DX12

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2020.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hybrid input is very very interesting and welcome. All and all the requirements seem very reasonable.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Agree !

3. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Finally! Soon a new benchmark to run :D

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Perhaps you could familiarize yourself enough with it to spell it correctly...

The issue with dlss is not seen on side by side comparisons - it is seen in motion, where it distorts screenspace reflections, and blurs alpha textures. Aside of this, dlss gives this very unappealing image that is clearly upscaled, with this very oversharpened look to try and compensate for the much more blurry image you get from upscaling.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Were you speaking to yourself? What a load of gibberish...

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Guys, remember that we are here to learn, to improve.
    Not to point fingers or stepping on the line of politeness.
    Let's keep this thread updated with pertinent information and make the best of this forum.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Need the 1440p/4k results as this is what will be using as am sure most here will be! I have to get this game as it's part of my History. Being descended from both Saxon/Welsh and Viking! Yeah a fair bit of intermarrying went on. Although whats featured in the game ended up being more Viking than where my family are from. (Welsh borders).

There's going to be some Historical shockers am sure but will have my Hist accuracy radar off. Well from first glances the coast of North East England is wrong haha. (but it is beautifull. I bet you will get some Lads playing this and thinking "blimey wish it did look like this").

The reason the Vikings did invade was for land etc but it wasnt much different to their homeland! (well more trees and better farmland for sure).

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE

Yeah I'm (trying to) play at 4K. Odyssey and Origins are a real pain to try and get a locked 60 with the cards I have, even at a reduced resolution like 1800p. Both the 1080ti and 2070S could do 1800p OK a lot of the time but pull out a torch or any other scene with fire effects caused real problems. In the end I had to settle on 70% of 4K just to keep my sanity intact. The Radeon VII was a different story; here things became, incredibly, CPU limited (3600), with even 1080p causing problems. Those two games are outliers, though, a combination of AnvilNext being a CPU hog and AMDs lacklustre DX11 driver proving too much for Ubisoft's really rather shitty Engine.

Undying likes this.
  9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Why do you keep calling it dsll

Solfaur likes this.
  10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Stay on topic.

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Really looking forward to this game. I enjoyed playing Origins, but I absolutely loved Odyssey. That is by far my most enjoyable in the series. I know that's not a popular choice, but for me it's a slam dunk.

Solfaur likes this.
  12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    If I get new gpu and screen before xmas might have to pick one of them up on sale. So odyssey your favourite? The consensus seems to be that Odyssey is the best so far...(well last one I had was the pirate one with the ships which was brill).

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    If you are even just remotely interested into Ancient Greek Mythology, you will absolutely love it.

jbscotchman, Maddness and mitzi76 like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I can totally relate to this post. Black Flag (the pirate game) was brilliant, and that was the first AC game I played because that's when they started with the RPG elements. Odyssey which I'm 100 hours in and still haven't completed is really good. The actress that played Kassandra is fantastic! You'll fall in love with her, I posted some shots in the the screenshot thread.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Was close to getting it on sale but thought I'll hold off and play with a new gpu etc. Looking forward to it! The sea shanties and the naval combat were damm good fun. If Odyssey is like Black flag I'l love it. And well the next is Vikings etc so its a must for me just based on the time period.