Rocket Lake-S could be substantially faster for games than the current Comet Lake-S

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2020.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    whatever we just need to keep AMD in check, heh, how the tables have turned...

intel for the budget build! with the underdog Xe GPU for the best bang for buck combo!

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    What? again 14nm?? What is happening to Intel!! :)) Its like that's all they can say, lol :)). The positive is that they really are experts in 14nm design..lol.

DannyD likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    5.6Ghz here we come! 5.6 sounds like a true step-up waw, no way i'm buying another 8 core though, surely next desktop i9 will be 10-12 cores eh?

4. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    when 4.8 ryzen 5900, without ANY overclocking beats your overclocked 5.6 intel, you are going to feel depressed, for a moment at least. Intel is going to need that Meteor Lake sooner than later and a much better IPC to start competing again. I am over 40 years old and have zero interest in overclocking in past 10 years. I just want things to turn on and work without issues every time. AMD is not there yet, and overcloked intel, at 5.6 no less is bound to have issues somewhere.

Undying likes this.

5. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    With how they're still chasing clocks, it feels like they're digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves considering how eventually their next node will have to compete with their incredibly mature 14nm's gaming performance

6. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Yeah and it consumes twice as much power.
    The click bait on this thread could just as easily have been ... Zen 4 could be substantially faster in games than the current Zen 3.

7. beedoo

beedoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6900XT Liquid Devil
    Every time I read a post from Karma777police or Nizzen, I die a little bit on the inside...

XS621, Undying, Aura89 and 1 other person like this.
  8. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    If you're running 4K, any top-end next gen. CPU from AMD or Intel will be plenty for a long time. I'd get the one with the lower TDP and PCIE4.

9. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Even worse. Is a derivative of Tiger Lake, which (Tiger) is pretty sad CPU against Zen 2 laptop CPU (even slower than the 4500U) atm.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel-tigerlake-linux&num=1
    Those hardware mitigations for all the security issues that are coming with Tiger, Rocket, Alder Lake will cripple performance.

isidore likes this.
  10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Looking at page you liked it does kinda look sad . I seen benchmarks under windows and they looked much more promising ?

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    5.5 ghz was going to be my next upgrade jump so fingers x! Hopefully can get an adaptor for my Noctua heatsink. Its been brill after my pumps died x2 (werent crap pumps either not sure why).

12. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    On which version of windows, do they used 20H2 one? ;)