CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    What makes a good game is quite subjective, as evident from the fact that you haven't played witcher 3, which many consider to be the GOAT.

I haven't ever played a game where a big map made me feel it was boring - quite the contrary.

coc likes this.
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Smaller map = plenty of scope for future expansions.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Naturally what is good to one and another is very subjective.
    Some large maps are very good and well balanced. Others... eh. FarCry and Assassin's Creed suffer from this, where there are pockets of interest... but also areas that feel rather dull and uninteresting.
    GTA also horribly suffers from this. GTA5 is better, but... still has areas that feel as if they are only there to pad out playtime while you drive to a new location. San Andreas was easily the worst in this regard, it's massive map size was tedious to get across.

And, I haven't played Witcher 3... because... initially, no interest. I've never enjoyed the series, hated the controls of the first game. And found the second to be rather forgettable. So, I didn't bother with the third.
    But, now, people have talked the third game up so much, it's had an adverse effect on me. Instead of building interest, it's actually put me off.
    And, I personally don't want to play the third game in a series if I didn't play/like the first or second title.

But, again, this all seems very moot.
    Cyberpunk having a more tightly packed map is in no way a comment or example of the game's quality, enjoyment/fun.

4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    San Andreas empty landscapes were one of those hidden gems for me. i learned to appreciate it on later plays. iv never felt some kind of dull\emptiness in GTA maps in general. TW3 is on another level when it comes to keeping the player invested through mixing main\side\treasure hunt quests in every level of the game. one can learn to appreciate it only after 5 to 10 hours in it or so. my second play was even more appealing, finding new endings\consequences. anyone who haven't played it.. well his loss. can't argue with personal taste.

you can always copy\paste areas with minor changes and make it believable enough for an expansion\DLC in single player campaigns.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I said map, you are talking programming technique.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I wonder if it was a typo...

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I felt uneasy from really strong language. I can`t say I feel and know English at good level, but I have impression that F-words in Russian are much stronger - because they are still tabooed officially. So the Russian translation will be more brutal, IMO.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Deffo a russian thing - saying fack doesnt mean fack all in english, really. Saying fack is just emphasizing something... fack that hurt, fack that's great, etc etc.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Doesn't that go back to the Witcher games too?
    The "sheriff" of Witcher 2 for example comes across much more strongly in Polish than his English delivery did.

EDIT: Loredo, I remember Flotsam but the character names took a while.
    Or the first game and it's quirky elderly grannies.
    The entire dialogue script really I suppose, NPC banter also and more stuff.
    Eh I've probably forgotten just how much of it there were including the sequels.

EDIT: Youtube is going to have some really weird recommendations for a while now I guess.
    Oh well.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, in all honesty, SA's map was one problem in a big list of issues for me.
    I really, really dislike GTA:SA. Actually... I hate it.

It is, personally, the worst GTA game, and I'm not a fan of the series... I love Vice City, and enjoyed 5. But, 3 and 4 are only okay at best IMO. But SA... is just... personally... awful.
    Unpopular opinion I know... but I really did not enjoy any time I put into that game.

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't think its unpopular to see people complain about emptiness and\or passable stuff to do in GTA maps. it could also be the case that some people prefer more linear areas, and less open maps because they feel it's a bit overwhelming and it hurts the quality of the game. i always enjoyed Witcher\GTA since both series had excellent and interesting stories\characters, so personally i never judged those games based on their world map. i think that some of the games are meant to be fully linear ( Half-Life for example ) and others simply can't be linear.

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I don't mind a little empty in a massive world. Part of what makes the interesting things you end up finding more interesting, is that you had to search though a bunch of area to find it. To me, that's one of the greatest strengths of an open world game. Reality has some pretty boring stretches too so it doesn't seem too far fetched to include some filler in an open world.

On a side note, I was able to pre-order Cyberpunk for $45 yesterday.

Dragam1337 and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    That's what i like about AC Odyssey. They didnt give you a specific marker for a quest but rather just a hint to the general area. Sometimes the target was hard to find if you never visited the place and couldnt see anything on the map. Every game should do this.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Guys, why don`t you create dedicated thread about open world games/maps and battle your valuable opinions there?

Undying and HellSpawn2097 like this.
  15. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Last time i checked Cyberpunk2077 is an open world game.

Other than that, i'd say we'll have nothing new to say about CP2077 until the next Night City event.

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.

16. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    Don't you want your Khajiit to have a penis? :)

(you have to be an older Guru to get this one.)

INSTG8R likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There better be skooma.

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    And Autism-Cat. I want Autism-Cat in Cyberpunk 2077.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Now that we're closer and closer to release, my only worry is how well optimized the game is for older GPUs. I honestly wouldn't have believed anyone who told me that I'd still be on my almost 4 year old 1080Ti when CP2077 comes out... and by the looks of things, this will be the case and will probably last till next year due to the damn shortages. I mean the released system requirements were very decent, but I honestly never believe in those much.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    During their demo, a 1080 ti was needed for 4k 30 fps... going by that you'd get about 60 at 1440p with your 1080 ti.

Solfaur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.