AMD teases new Big Navi Graphis card and Ryzen 9 5900X combo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    3080 does 85fps with RTX AND DLSS @1080p

Native 4K, NO DLSS is 77.

[​IMG]

And you don't see wrong. The RX6?000 is as fast on COD as the 3090 at 4K

panogr, Valken and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    regardless of final spec/ drivers Big Navi is poised for success.

a few stone cold facts
    this is a higher yield gpu fabbed at a smaller process, which affect performance, price, and supply.
    in other words, you end up with more gpus per silicon wafer dramatically lowering the price while going a long way to address the demand at launch.

other than that let's wait and see

carnivore likes this.
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    MW doesn't have DLSS... so where are you getting 85fps @ 1080p from?

Also based on what I'm seeing it definitely matters where the test is ran, there are several youtube videos that show a range of performance from similar to toms, to ~95-100. Plus you'd have to confirm that RT is enabled on the 6XXX series.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    XenthorX likes this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    In most titles i can see big navi competing with 3070 16gb, i believe it'll beat the 3070 in most titles but won't get too close to 3080.

XenthorX likes this.

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    If it performs like the 3080, it'll cost the same as the 3080. The problem is... Cyberpunk. RTX and DLSS 2.0. It's not going to be even remotely close.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Based on what?

7. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    Aren't the benchmark numbers mentioned by AMD based on a 5900X system? Why are you compairing them to other benchmarks (usually running on a 10900k)?

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What do you mean? Is there another way?

9. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    "Most importantly, Herkelman stressed that AMD didn't state which Radeon RX 6000 graphics card ran these benchmarks. We don’t know whether these results come from the biggest Big Navi GPU, or a more modest offering. (Herkelman also said there’s still fine-tuning left to do before launch."
    https://www.pcworld.com/article/3585090/amd-radeon-rx-6000-big-navi-performance-tease-rtx-3080.html
    It is possible that the results disclosed to us today, relate to a competitor for the RTX3070, and the top-tier card result will be even better.

10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It could be, but trust me there's nothing at all wrong with it being at or around the 3080. That is very strong performance indeed.

carnivore, HandR, schmidtbag and 4 others like this.

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    If it's paired with a nextgen AMD CPU, and those give an IPC increase of 15% or better, as expected, doesn't that mean that these aren't actually showing 3080/10700 performance? That a 3080 would also possibly see benefit from running on the AMD CPU, assuming it actually takes the crown from Intel?

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Without a price.....or a model number....or any other data necessary to make a determination about the card.

Actually, that would be the dumbest thing they could do, since it would give NVidia time to attempt to prep something faster so they could attempt to respond to it sooner if necessary.

13. chainy

chainy Active Member

GPU:
    970gtx
    Close to a 3080 is actually pretty good, most people expected or said it would beat a 2080ti and not come close to a 3080 at all so yeah gg to AMD !

Maddness and Valken like this.
  14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    As others have said AMD in striking distance to a 3080 is a big WIN! Just get the price correct!

Waiting for DXR RT benchmarks before making final judgement.

Maddness likes this.
  15. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    With sure AMD is hiding something big to impress all of us. AMD now is too much more stronger and worked togheter on the development of this Big Navi. The results showed is very nice and now the skeptics that said Big Navi will even battle with 2080ti already fall.
    To me, this results is of the 6800XT.... or they will have present a high end 6950XT with 16Gb HBM2 memory and a very higher GPU clock at 2.2-2.3Ghz! This new 6XXX series with improved PCB of AMB on watercooler will have a fantastic performance with optimized consumption.
    At least, one thing is right... the 4k 60 fps age finally begans!

Aztec2Step likes this.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    AFAIK Lisa Su is taking more direct control of Radeon group now that Raja is gone and she's not a fool, there's 0 chance it'll be priced the same as the 3080. Rumours have long pointed to a goal of $600 USD to undercut the 3080 by $100, with wild rumours flying of even considering cutting that to $550 or even lower.

Regardless, a $600 USD price tag (if true) combined with this concept called EXISTING which the stock of the 3080 doesn't, means it'll sell. Especially for people like me who want more than 10GB RAM. Though CP 2077 is important to me so if DLSS is incredible in that (hopefully we get a preview) I'll have to eat crap and wait for the 20GB 3080 if nVidia don't plan on making the price more insane. As if these "wow amazingly good!" prices aren't bloated and stupid enough.

$600 USD is about $790 CAD so I'm hoping they only round to $800 CAD for the product and not $850. With taxes in my province that's $904 total, a price I can swallow more easily than the cheapest non-ass 10GB 3080 model I can find (to back order, who knows when it'd arrive) at $1000 with tax totaling $1130. $226 is not negligible IMO. That used to be an entire high-end graphics card.

If they price at it over $600 USD I'd be blown away, and that'd probably push me to ordering and waiting for a 3080. IMO even $600 USD is too high if they want to really push for market share and mind share.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    tunejunky and Valken like this.
  17. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    I still own Radeon VII which is water cooled. ;)
    Let's wait and see the benchmarks ones the reviewers get the big Navi in their hands.
    If we have a card that performce close to 3080 that would be amazing. :cool:
    To be honest I would not expect it to be much cheaper than 3080 if it performs similar to it. :rolleyes:

It would also be intersecting see if this time around the power consumption of Radeon would be better than RTX.

From the past we know usually AMD reference cards tend to not have hardware issues with electronic components as they usually make solid designs without cutting costs.
    The coolers are usually horrible on AMD reference designs. :mad:
    That is why my Vega 64 and Radeon VII were both turned into water cooling. ;)

tunejunky likes this.
  18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So if AMD built a 102 contender that is all sorts of amazing. If it's 0-10% slower then 3080. It's gonna be way faster then 3070 and whatever nvidia is planning to have in between.

Few last gens they've been competing max to max 104. Maybe Nvidia smelled that and moved 3080 to 102 closer to 3090.

Maybe this isn't 6900 but 6800. I dunno. We shall see in twenty days.

Borderlands 3 numbers are hard to compare since AMD used badass settings that is tad higher then ultra.

19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The showcase looks good, but I kinda doubt it's the top card. Because then she would have nothing to show on 28th.

tunejunky likes this.
  20. Aztec2Step

Aztec2Step Active Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6800
    This.

Doesn't matter which vendor you go for, UHD gaming with quality settings can finally be done at a buttery smooth 60fps with one GPU (don't care about RT but if they can throw that on and still hit 60fps, I wouldn't say no).
    As previously mentioned, price and availability will be major deciding factors for a lot of people once we have the benchmarks.

schmidtbag likes this.