GeForce 456.71 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    HoWxCoRe likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can we not post misinformation, the hotfix already had these.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    fear029 and lukas_1987_dion like this.
  3. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I have had the GFE disconnect from youtube/googlephotos also, like all the time. You can't even get logged in properly through the "Highlights" panel that some games have (like Fortnite for example), it will literally let you log in a million times but never actually show you logged in.

Alt-Z overlay "Connect" option seems to work, but randomly will log you out (and every new driver update, you start off logged out since GFE was reinstalled with the driver and doesnt keep you logged in between installs). It's pretty broken, and sometimes i don't want to even go through the hassle of trying to stay connected.

Edit: this was not a comment on the 456.71, but just GFE in general

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Noisiv likes this.
  4. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I don't use any GFE, uninstalled manually and installed manually standard version with latest NVCP and not old Microsoft version from the store, no problems so far.

5. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    this driver does not fix the issue where cards get stuck in 3d clocks when idling in desktop and using Max Performance option in nvidia control panel. this worked before the first 30** drivers..

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    After the odd stuttering issues and clock speed spikes I had with 456.55 I'll just stick with 452.06 for now. I don't think these are really doing anything good for Turing and older architecture.

7. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    People who really want it to say whql on GPUZ just uninstall with DDU and then install this version. I think someone on here said it makes no difference, if that’s the case then don’t worry but for me the few mins just uninstalling and putting the the whql was no hardship as wasn’t doing anything at the time

8. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    im pretty sure these are worthy of updating to from the hotfix due to the security flaws patched.

9. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ok, that explains why same version number was used.

11. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    When I play a video in bilibili, there is a black screen but there is sound. This has never appeared in 452.06

12. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    wdm version

13. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    No such issue here. Does this also happen with hw acceleration turned off?

densou likes this.
  14. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    Sorry, I have returned to 452.06 :(

densou likes this.
  15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Turing is mentioned quiet a lot in the changelog of this driver. Although mostly for SLI profiles which affects very few people.
    But in general, all old architectures benefit from the arch-independent parts of game-specific profiles and all members of an arch generations are cared about as long as there is a big change (serious hardware design changes requiring different kinds of optimizations compared to previous generations) or at least 2 product cycles (so that those who bought the N-1 series won't feel like the company abandoned them already as soon as the N'th came out and thus rage-switch to another manufacturer from the N'th card while the N+1 is in stores).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.

16. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    Hey,I have received feedback from some users in some Chinese discussion forums. This bug appears in all 456.xx drivers, and it is confirmed that the method you provided can temporarily solve this bug. But this is a BUG, I think NVIDIA should fix it. Since the release of the 456.38 driver, Many users have reported on the official forum that this bug appeared on Youtube, but it has not yet been listed in the known issues.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    not trying to be a diva here but this driver broke 8k video recording on 3090, can someone try that too ?!!

for me it's broken with this driver, i set the scaling to GPU/Display and to override the application settings

got this result

https://imgur.com/dlFZ4Nv

18. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    security fixes -> same ol' story -> nV's lame excuse to cause a HUGE performance regression (on older cards) always after launching a new gpu gen.

otherwise, why that poor guy (few posts before) with a 1080ti did update and did find himself a framerate of a gtx 1660 !? :|

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Be careful with such wide brush remarks, Hardware is very complex with many configurations.
    I am not saying there "might" be a regression with security fixes but I have not noticed anything funny and I have a GTX970, older than 10xx series.
    The security fix would affect all cards IMO unless new ones had some built-in HW for it.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm pretty sure you don't read.