Intel would release Rocket Lake-S desktop procs in March 2021

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It will suck , i can bet money on that . I shall revisit this post after reviews . ( For the sake of competition i hope not).

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    All i see here that intel wont competitive for years. These do not look promising at all. Be prepared for amd zen3/zen4 prices rise accordingly.

4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Backport 14nm , less cores , high tdp. and +10% . Sounds amazing ....

Undying likes this.

5. GringoTM

GringoTM Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680 2GB
    Wow... The "Prosumer Line" is completly DEAD no successor to the x299 LGA-2066 line up..... PCI-3.0 in all the 2021.... DEAD END, at processor level, now AMD is the new leader, there is no GAME. ( Iris Xe is agood thing, but Consider it like a Co-processor and put it in all line-up not only a Graphicx Processor and CUT IT on Xeon Processor....but is only word on wind.... long life at new king.... AMD ! )

Ricardo likes this.
  6. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    We will see I guess.

7. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yay more 14nm garbage.

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    expect TDP 250w+. sold as BEST gaming CPUs

9. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Still at 14nm? I guess Intel is still going for that single core performance, but I didn't knew they would still be at 14nm in 2021.

I guess I will go for AMD 5000 series Gen 3 end of this year. First time going from intel 4790K@4.8Ghz, so 5 years ago. So i Need a good x570 mobo and good ram to go with it? Any recommendations?

10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    B550 is also good option , Gigabyte and MSI has excellet mobos. You wont use crossfire anyway.

11. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Can't believe how late this is coming, Zen3 will have been out for about 5 months by the time this launches. Only die hard Intel fans will wait to upgrade or build a new system anyone with any sense will go Zen3. At least its the last of 14nm, 10nm Superfin all the way after this. Although that'll probably be around the time AMD launch Zen4 on 5nm and DDR5 lol

12. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    One gotta remember that AMD was far, FAR behind for many years with their "construction yard" series of CPUs... and somehow still made it through.
    Intel will be fine.

Will I buy one "Rocket Lake" ?
    No.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm planning to get a "high-end" B550 for my Zen3.

I don't need full PCI-E Gen 4 anyways.

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Will get one probably to replace i5 10400 :)

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I have aurous pro , very good reviews , one of the best vrms. and i trust gigabyte with mobos , all lasted many years.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Gigabyte is making probably the best motherboards right now but their gpus are lacking i think. Aorus lineup is good but still behind strix and gaming x.

17. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    What are you talking about. Yeah great Intel have (maybe) Zen3 performance 5 months after Zen3's release, what good is that! Anyone that needs/wants to upgrade can already have the performance of Rocket lake 5 months before Rocket lake arrives This needed to be out sooner and we all know it.

Not sure why you're citing only 10K owners either, obviously anyone running 10K chips is unlikely to change platforms, perhaps you don't realise that not everyone has the newest chip/platforms. Anyone on Kabylake and older might be looking to upgrade or anyone rocking Zen or Zen+ will be looking to upgrade by now no doubt, that's a lot of systems out there! Hell even Coffee lake owners on 6 core chips will be looking at Zen3 8c16t and above. There are literally millions of people that would benefit from upgrading to Zen3 and not waiting 5-6months for Rocketlake!

Not to mention no one knows how alder lake will be with its BIG.little design could be a bit of a flop who knows

chispy and Ricardo like this.
  18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Problem is you neeed AGAIN new mobo for 11k Intel. Big joke , while you can use old B450 for Zen3.

19. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    Wow, 14nm for at least another year? I guess people wanting good price/performance better hurry and buy Zen 2 and 3 before AMD starts jacking up prices.

You've been warned :p

20. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Pretty sure Rocket Lake will run on Z400 series chipsets. But yeah if you buy Z590 its a done platform, no upgrade path after that. AMD is definitely better for CPUs that span generations of chipsets. Not that I'd recommend Zen3 on an X370 board but at least they give you the option