GeForce 456.55 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not sure, but i mentioned a contacts screens doing that right before blanking out and he asked me to confirm if it was a adaptive sync display.

Security patch week though, a driver with fixes for several exploitable issues in components of the display driver will get released this week.

2. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Does anyone have low gpu load with this driver and Ampere card (hotfix included) in Crysis 3???

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    HAGS on or off?

4. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Hags on and off.

Didn't try the first released drivers, only these ones and hotfix.

GPU load stucks at 50-60% most of the time... Not happening in other games, only Crysis 3.

My 10980xe at 4.9 can't be the problem. The 2080Ti used to get 98-99% load most of the time.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Are you using 18363 or higher?

18362 and lower will not use a 10 series cpu properly.

6. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

A small video of Crysis 3 issue. I open Crysis, then Battlefield V for comparison. Only game failing is Crysis 3.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    If im not wrong, that caused by the system timer precision bug that the game has.

Apparently starting the game through GFE fixes this too.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  8. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

Hi mate.

Tried your tips, but no help, thanks equally.

I even forced platformclock and tick and didn't help either, so seems like a driver problem (maybe affecting my platform=x299?)

I had a similar problem with a previous driver and the 2080Ti, running The Witcher 3. Some recent drivers also broke Gsync in windowed mode with the 2080Ti.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    might be, not unheard of for drivers to have performance issues with high core counts,

10. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I'm having a strange issue with these, whatever game I play, the GPU fans will ramp up and never slow down even after quitting the game, only way to stop them from spinning that fast is to turn off the PC, restarting the PC will not slow them down, a cold boot will.

Update*
    Not a driver problem, after all, one of the fans for some reason is stuck causing the card to go Banana!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020

11. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Hi again mate.

A guy in Youtube (edge86) saw my Crysis 3 video and pointed out that there is a bug in the game with recent drivers, and u have to force 1000fps in nvidia control panel to allow the game to have a normal gpu usage. I tried it and all is ok right now.

;)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I've seen this come up before, but the cases happened to include some other utility changing the global framerate - typically GPU Tweak or Zotac Firestorm,

a 3080 user the other day had to uninstall evga precision to stop the framerate from being reduced everytime he restarted the machine. It wasn't even set to auto-start, nor was he starting it.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    How can that happen with it not even running?
    Does EVGA precision use a service that runs in the background.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'll be honest, majority of computer owners today don't know what the hell is running in their tray, let alone their process list, it probably was being

It's quite often i'll tell someone exactly what their issue is caused by only to get "i don't have that running". Look through their services/process list and what do you find...... lol.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its apparently a windows 10 bug specific to 2004, needs to be reported on feedback hub

I tested that Fast Sync also works, older drivers from before the FPS cap was introduced are also affected.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020

16. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Did u report???

17. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    With this driver computer has problems with waking up from sleep(Windows 10, latest), in fact after long(12h) sleep it didn't want to recognize video card. I had to swap cable from HDMI to DVI to be able to boot PC to BIOS. HDMI cable is fine, tested on other devices. Anyhow, even with DVI cable it doesn't wake from sleep. Never had such issue before.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wake from sleep issues are whole system combination related, you'll need to post feedback listing all your details and bios config.

19. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Never had any issues and nothing changed except driver. I also had POST issues so I had to change cable to DVI. I don't care enough to rollback driver, rather wait for newer one.

Oh, and there were some refresh rate issues, I was using overclocked one fine with HDMI cable but couldn't overclock as much with DVI cable. On older drivers I could overclock fine using either cable.