Thinking Of A 3000 FE Series Off a Auction Site.... Beware

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Killersjp, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    So your thinking, Hey I can’t wait for a 3000 card to come into stock at Nvidia and prepared to pay over the odds for a card, Well... forget that 3 year warranty that comes curtesy of Nvidia. Reading their condition of warranty it says only valid for the original purchaser of the card. I guess you would be covered for a short time depending how you pay for it from certain auction sites but nowhere near the 3 years from Nvidia and I bet the person who sold it to you for all that money would be so happy to hear from you a couple of years after saying you want if fixed or replaced for free. I’m definitely holding out for a new sealed one from Nvidia in my name so it’s covered.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  2. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Out of interest Tyrchlis did you upgrade from a 2080 TI to that 3090. Is it amazing. I am def thinking of updating to a 3090.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This begs the question, what if you get one for Christmas?

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    If someone spent that much on you for Christmas chances are you'll know them for the length of the warranty. lol

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    :)
    It can cause quite a pita though, and they would think twice about spending on you again.

My brother bought me an Overclockers Vector SSD, just after WD had rescued the company.
    It subsequently failed like my previous Ocz Vertex 2.
    Trying to deal with the stores customer support was a nightmare for us both. Eventually they agreed to take a statement from my Brother that I was the owner but even then, due to account restrictions, it was difficult to sort and took a long time.

6. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I don't support Ebay scamers at all but, regarding waranty, what about PNY, EVGA and others waranty? Is that voided by reselling the card as well?

Tyrchlis likes this.