AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU-Z Bench Score Leaks and it is fast

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 1, 2020.

1. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Having now 8086@5.2Ghz if this confirms...I will jump on AMD at once. I'll just get another set Vipers 4400Mhz and some decent MB.
    No regrets as my CPU will go in son's PC.

Lily GFX likes this.
  2. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I just hope that this is not another overhype train before the actual real info comes out, like ALL the other releases in the past .
    The last time ( 3000 series ) the fake benchmarks have showed that AMD is matching intel's performance in games ... it didn't but it was only slightly slower . Just speculation on my side here but , now they are showing that AMD is ahead so realistically we might see them finally matching the game performance and dominating everywhere else .
    Or I could be totally wrong and these new puppies are performance monsters that will dominate the market , that would be amazing .

Lily GFX likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    20% if it scales might be achievable, best results and all that I assume Ashes here even under demanding situations is still CPU constrained or can use additional cores and newer SSE or AVX instructions a lot thus getting better results in benchmarks. :)
    (EDIT: CPU-Z here, Ashes of the Singularity from earlier.)

10% IPC I think is the earlier rumors and then a higher clock speed and the improvements to the architecture like more cores per CCX and the additional cache.
    Seems doable, going to be interesting to see how this scales both the single CCX 8-core and the 16-core dual CCX plus clock speeds and what difference this makes and various tests.

Interested but it feels like a better idea to go for a GPU upgrade now and wait on the second generation AM5 getting what I expect will be the early DDR5 issues and early DDR5 support issues out while saving up for the next system as it's more likely to hit a GPU limited situation and hardware requirement more than a GPU one.

Zen, Zen+ or some of the 8000 series Intel and earlier though this could be a really good CPU upgrade.
    AMD side would also depend on how the 400 series is supported if at all if you can just bios update and plop this into a still perfectly capable motherboard without needing a full hardware overhaul.
    DDR4 memory compatibility and possible changes to infinity fabric too I suppose.

Lily GFX likes this.
  4. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    This makes me glad I went with x570 a few months back. I probably won't need the extra power for a few years, but it's nice to know it's available if needed.

tunejunky likes this.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I went from B450 to X570 early on and I'm glad about it too.

It feels sorta like Christmas around here. If AMD do pull this off (CPU and GPU) then Merry Christmas to me...

6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    if this wasn't covid season i would be so on this. especially as this isn't the most expensive variant.
    as an old intel guy i was so used to an hedt platform to get gains nowhere near this (both real and generationally). i was delighted to go from x299 to threadripper, now it seems i can pack that punch in an itx (tho limited to 64gb ram).
    my biggest delight with AMD is the improvement in performance while shrinking the carbon footprint.
    Intel god luv 'em, is a room impacting heat source costing more money and more electrical resources.

7. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    :D:D:D
    no doubt you're an old fart like me

Fox2232 likes this.
  8. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    Is there anyone now that cant say with me.... "INTEL IS DEAD"...
    "the dark sides already began" to the blue side... in the next 3 years AMD will be what Intel was until now....

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Get back to me after Zen 3 is released.

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    If it's as good as we hope then it's a win for everyone, both AMD and intel users.

11. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    You can buy an "old" and reliable mb/cpu/ram platform or beta-test the ddr5 launch and pay the early adopter fee.

Your choice.

You can always wait "3 months" for the next launch with 15% better performance.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    intel ain't dead until people stop buying prebuilt systems and OEM's turn up their nose.
    sad but true (Cue Metallica)

13. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I agree. However this is going to hurt Intel if the performance is true. Lets not forget end of next year we have Zen4 on TSMC's 5nm which I very much expect Intel to not be able to answer for at least a year or more. If AMD keeps executing they should stay ahead or on par to Intel for at least 2 more years.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I, for one, hope that Intel survives, but I'm not so sure in the long term.

It would be x86/Radeon vs ARM/NVIDIA and it would be terrible.

I hope Intel invests in RISC-V and starts selling and supporting custom designs, but their corporate culture seems so desperate and stagnated that I think they'll slowly push themselves into irrelevance.

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Alder lake is supposed to launch second half of 2021, nothing about that means early next year.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    intresting single thread that beats intels best? they already have best performance vs cost on multicore imo. if holds true my statement that my next build will be AMD cpu will hold true. then again thing can change in 2 years cause I going to hold on to build for 2 more years atlest

STP is not longer issue from AMD imo and STP isnt really need less you runing old programs still most stuff these days should be MTP origianted

patteSatan likes this.
  17. Parkab0y

Parkab0y Guest

GPU:
    none
    3700x 65W TDP CPU 8c 88W @full_load
    3900x 105W TDP CPU 12c 142W @full_load
    3950x 105W TDP CPU 16c 144W @full_load

5900x 150w TDP CPU 12c ???W @full_load

If it consumes more than a 16c 3950x can deliver more performance?
    The gap with the 3900x in performance is 15% in multicore, with almost double the energy.

Single core performance is impressive, even a +25% at the cost of a +45% bring the efficency down by 40% in comparison to a 3700x.

Multicore efficiency of the 3700x is 46% more than an hypothetical 5900x at 150w (wich can be even worse)

3700x 5433pt @88W
    5900x 9481.8pt @"150W" nominal value (can be worse)

5433/8 = 679.125
    9481.8/12 = 790.15

679.125/88W = 7.71
    790.15/150W = 5.26

7.71/5.26 = 1.465779

3700x is 46,6% more efficient in multicore performance.

If it was a car, it sucked very very much.

But always better than the best Intel at those levels of performance (1T 500+).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  18. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    excellent, i´m hope that´s true and not another test with ln2 and extreme overclock only a few seconds stable to break records

5800x can be better yet on effetive gaming tests because uses 1ccx

honestly i don´t care about power consumption or nanography, just giving a excellent performance on single cores and don´t overheating its fine to me