3090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    How is it, compared to 2080 Ti ?
    What's your resolution ? Which games do you play ?
    Thank you

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finally scored an Asus TUF Gaming OC RTX 3090 + pre-order the EK water block and backplate , i will post my results and view once i get everything together. Asus Strix OC RTX 3090 will be released after October 28th , Kingpin RTX 3090 will come by end of the year or early next year , eVGA RTX 3090 Ultra is very , very limited in quantity ( Those are the best cards to get - Strix , Kingpin , eVGA FTW Ultra ) - Maybe if by next year i can find one of those in stock i will buy one and sale the Asus TUF.

For those interested in overclocking and Bios Flashing there is good news :) , there is already a new nvflash in the inno3d software , install the software and go to the directory , there you will find nvflash 5.660. People are reporting on cross flashing Asus Strix Bios 480w working on some cards RTX 3090 and have raise the power limit with it getting better stability and higher overclocks.

*Update - nvflash 5.660 stand alone now included for download - password Ampere*

Enjoy it !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/pql825x9jkvi9m4/Inno3D_V3.01.rar/file
    nvflash 5.660 stand alone download ( ** password - Ampere ) - Thanks to zhrooms for this ) -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/152c5ycjyrw6gi4/nvflash64_5.660.0_ampere.zip/file

Nvidia RTX 3090 Bios repository - https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

***Do it at your own risk , i will not be responsible if you brick your card***

Source - https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-nvidia-rtx-3090-owners-club.1753930/page-79

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  3. Mito96

Mito96 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090
    I play a little of everything.
    I do not usually benchmark but in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, same conditions at 3440x1440 it is 82 fps for 2080ti and 115 for 3090.

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Does it destroy the 2080ti and are you happy with 3090?

5. Mito96

Mito96 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090
    And why am I not going to be happy with the 3090?

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    No buyers remorse then?
    Don't get me wrong id love one, just asking for a regular guru's perspective is all.

Mito96 likes this.
  7. Mito96

Mito96 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090
    I don't regret buying the 3090, nor am I glad my less than 1 year old 2080ti has lost so much value.
    But computing is like that, this is my only "vice".
    I hope the 3090 will last me a few more years.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I grabbed a half-price 2080ti couple weeks ago, my first build for a few years as i sold my last pc 3 years ago when i got sick of the mining crap.
    Feedback was much appreciated, damn a 3090 and CP3077 i can only dream! :D
    Enjoy you card!:)

fantaskarsef, Witcher29 and Mito96 like this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    please attach your images to the forum, your linked image host is blocked here because it began embedding adverts.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  10. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    IMGUR and use the bb code

Dragam1337 and Tyrchlis like this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    @Tyrchlis
    Sending love to Michele and Lisette ! Great story!

Lily GFX and Tyrchlis like this.
  12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    @chispy

At 5th October I should be having here EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 for testing and I really hope by this date waterblocks will be out and I can do at least proper testing

Will probably flash EVGA RTX 3090 with Asus RTX 3090 BIOS

Thanks, Jura

Lily GFX, fantaskarsef and chispy like this.
  13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Still no news on my MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio from the store, looks like they have no stock information themselves.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't think anyone has. My guess is that im waiting at least 2 months for my 3090 strix oc, as denmark always seem to be downprioritized, likely due to how small the country is.

Hoping im getting it before cyberpunk releases though.

XenthorX likes this.
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great to hear that my friend :) , we will do like 2 years ago with the 2080Ti all over again, We will compare notes and information on the water blocks and Bios. I already pre-order the EK water block and EK backplate because this Asus TUF 3090 is custom pcb and only EK have a block for it. Will be testing with a couple of Bios and shunt mods once is under water.

Kind regards: Angelo

Lily GFX and jura11 like this.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi Angelo

Friend bought EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 which he is putting under water and I should be building his loop in October and looks more likely I will be using Alphacool waterblock for XC3, EK will be releasing their waterblocks for XC3 probably in October and Heatkiller probably in November and Aquacomputer I don't think they will be releasing blocks for non reference PCB, sadly if I would go with Strix then only option would be go with EKWB or wait for Heatkiller or Bykski which is already in the stock

I bought two waterblocks for Strix from Bykski which should be here probably sometimes in October

Like me I'm thinking getting TUF or Strix OC for myself, Strix OC is carrying premium which not sure if its worth it over TUF

Shunt mod with this Angelo, I don't think I will be doing that, I don't have balls for that hahaha

Looking forward to your results with TUF and EKWB waterblock

It will be definitely all over again like with 2080Ti and looking forward to this journey

Thanks, Jura

17. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Very in the UK got stock of the MSI gaming x trio. Bought one hoping it's legit and doesn't turn out to be payed pre order

I should receive it Friday.

Lily GFX and Tyrchlis like this.
  18. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Interesting

chispy likes this.
  19. My 3090 will arrive next monday :p

20. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    Can someone who owns a 3090 do me a little favour please? Pretty specific request, might require a DM if that's easier. Nothing illegal don't worry :D