Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    broadcast - 0x0000100A
    compat - 0x080020F5
    hack - 0x00010000

That's what i use from Hellblade's profile it's in one of the nips i just needed to change the F1 to a F5 in compat of course and it works well for me in unity. I was just looking for a baseline to get it scaling and stable. Of course it leaves a LOT to be desired so i'll be interested in what you come up with.

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Question, notice any stuttering here and there while moving your camera within hellpoint??? I don't have an issue under 3-way but under 4-way, here and there, yes.

How's the 3-way 980ti's doing for you???

Also in regards about 4-way overall scaling on this game, I have to beef up the resolution to 4434x2771 to get better usage on all 4 gpu's, certain direction, my scaling is still kinda far out, but other directions its seems good.

Also, are you using the unknown ID settings that 3d-center forum has up? The one with hellblade? thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

3. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    No stuttering in 3 way, your compat with my broadcast and hack seem to work fine for me that's all i have tested so far in the first area with the save point and enemies. Scaling is anywhere from 210-290% So not the greatest but always more then double the fps of a single card depending on what direction i am looking, similar to your scaling issue. More tuning is needed but this looks like an easy one to get working.

Very very good i am loving triple SLI it has given my PC the edge it needs to smash out consistent high frame rates in 4k~100fps. Every game scales well enough to do so and in worst case scenarios i get a consistent 200-220+% scaling(double fps or more). The only game i cannot get to work correctly is Monster hunter world so far. At this point it makes a 2080ti look like a weak gpu and a waste of money.

No and i'm pretty sure those Unknown ID settings were removed from the final profile.

4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Those Unknown ID settings were:

Sli broadcast bits/Sli Specific hacks.

And no, made no difference under 4-way.

Again, Hellpoint in 4k(2400p), 2 gtx 970 will be good enough, as for 3 980ti's, whats your gpu usage? curious.

If its still kinda low, you might want to do some custom resolution and increase it further, try doing 5k, 5120x3200, that's if your monitor can handle it.

Or if not, do under dsr but dsr under 4-way on my side, flickers massively and I can not get rid of it, that is why I use custom resolution, it is the only way for 4-way sli.

Just for kicks, I wanted to see if I can force MSAA+SGSSAA with this game as very few games will work under DX10/DX11 API, COD: Ghost was one of them, and it does not work period, Wanted to see if I can add more load to the gpu's.

3-way sli on my side seems very good, under 4-way, certain direction, scaling is not up to par, I had to increase resolution to 4434x2771 and still not up to par, yes, shadows will hinder overall scaling performance so I shut it off completely.

Far as stuttering under 4-way, depending on the direction your facing, there is some, but under 3-way sli, there is virtually none.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020

5. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    GPU usage actually goes up in the worse scaling areas and power usage goes down. 110% power usage across all 3 in good scaling and 90% in bad scaling direction.

DSR works as intended with my 3way setup and im using a custom resolution with it. 5K does sort of bring all my high and low fps's together with a overall higher usage but stutters (out of vram)

6. Matrices4

Matrices4 Guest

GPU:
    4-way 1080 Ti/11 GB
    Hi all, I just wanted to share some of my results with 4-way 1080 Ti SLI on the drivers NVIDIA released for the Ampere launch (9/17/2020), which is version 456.38. I have not used the latest drivers that were released on 9/28/2020, so forgive me for not being on the latest driver, but I've managed to get some degree of 4-way SLI scaling even on one of the most recent drivers as of today, and I'd like to share my results using SLI compatibility bits for some games I found online, usually here on Guru3D or 3DCenter, I barely modified them myself except for GTA V and FFXV:

Rig specs and NVIDIA Game Ready Driver version:

[​IMG]

GTA IV (DX9):

Proof 4-way SLI still works in DX9 titles on latest NVIDIA drivers (version 456.38, released on 9/17/2020, the launch date of the first Ampere GPU, the RTX 3080):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GTA V (DX11):

GTA V maxed out in 4800x3000 resolution (14.4 megapixels, UHD is 8.3 megapixels) with 4X MSAA + TXAA + FXAA + 8X reflection MSAA, and ultra settings--while maintaining 60+ FPS average: [​IMG]

4800x3000 effective render resolution, 8X MSAA + 8X reflection MSAA + FXAA; maximum graphical settings:

2-way SLI: [​IMG]
    4-way SLI:[​IMG]

FFXV (DX11):

Near-perfect 4-way SLI scaling in FFXV, 4K texture pack, 5760x3240 (18.662 MP) NATIVE resolution; ULTRA SETTINGS!:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FurMark (OpenGL):

GPU stress test, rendered at 1920x1200 resolution with 8X MSAA, post effects enabled:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm still new to all the manipulating of SLI compatibility bits, but I'm delving into it and trying to figure it out for myself. But, I can verify 4-way 1080 Ti (Pascal) is scaling even on the 456.38 Game Ready Driver version from NVIDIA that was recently released.

Kozary likes this.
  7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    So its really working with the latest drivers??? Cause I have tried many 44x.xx, 45x.xx 46x.xx, and they all do not work at all.

Curious, what version of win 10x64 your using?

How much Main physical ram your using???

EDIT: NM, Was blind as hell, you have well over 90gb of main ram.

Reason why I asked about main ram, I have seen high as over 40gb of main system ram being utilized(As Buffer) while under 8k(4800p). This was while I was using 2 1080ti's at that time.

I know I tried 19h1 in the past and some troubles under 4-way at a glance, so I quickly reverted back to RS2(15063.V1703), cause it works perfectly for 4-way.

Whats your current working bits(For GTA V)? Sli Broadcast (DX1x) bits,Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits & Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x)???

Also, any changes within the 8 - extra or the unknown ID settings within nvidia inspector???

About GTA V, I have worked on it awhile back ago and it scaled very good to Excellent scaling. I'll check on the bits I was using and I'll share it later or you can look it up on this thread, check page 19 for final conclusion to GTA V, thanks.

I also notice something here, on your FFXV, whats up with the very low gpu temps? Like Idle temp, are you sure its being used???

Also, I am not picking on anyone here, This is through my own experience:

You never, ever want to go by that gpu usage, always check one gpu performance then to 4-way, to absolutely make sure its working 100%.

I know one time, I clapped my hands real hard on one game, then all the sudden it was really operating one gpu as certain changes within the bits themselves(Depending on game) can have very adverse reaction where all gpu usage will show max usage but in the end, 1 gpu performance.

8k eh??? Did you use custom DSR hack(Upscale)? I know I did it on my Yamakasi 1600p monitor and it works perfectly, through a very ancient DVD-D cable, imagine that, and read this well: Without a loss of image quality or performance, If it was running 60 fps, which I had tried on my 2 1080ti's in the past with mass effect 3 + 1x2 SS, it will...

Speaking of which, This is very off topic here but talking about monitors in general, I had a 4k native screen from AOC and I wanted to see a difference between a native 4k screen and a 1600p, upscaled to 4k, to see any difference, and guess what? Virtually no difference what so ever, got pretty well trained eyes, pretty much know what to look for, basically not missing anything out.

Here is an old thread about my hands on experience on this:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/hdmi-display-port-sgssaa-and-fps.425334/#post-5640295

Back to, on topic:

Another question, what kind of sli bridge connector your using? From what I understand, only the metal connector type works, have a look on this site:

https://forums.evga.com/3-way-SLI-GTX-1080-Ti-how-to-do-it-m2748218.aspx

Also, you might be highly interested in this and also many others out there, take a very good look at this link, I am still kinda new to this:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/

Many of you readers out there, might be extremely interested in this, very off topic here, but I would like hear people results on this, explains how people can run without the sli bridge connector, the thread is old but still actively going to this day.

One more last thing, do you own: Hitman: Absolution(Enhanced Edition) or Rise of Tomb Raider??? If so, could you try them out for me, but first, let me know what bits your using, Hitman: Absolution, right off the back, scales 4-way with basically no bit tuning needed, they still need to be fine tuned in the end for better performance, also, need to inject MSAA+SGSSAA to make better use of the overall scaling performance, on my side, Hitman Absolution(Enhanced Edition) Scales beautifully.

Lets help keep Sli and also, 4-way Sli alive(Virtually non-existent nowadays), I hope more people that have similar interest, will also jump into the bandwagon...

Like they say, SLI is dead...

Absolutely not, if I am still around still doing this, it will be kept 100% alive, rest assured everyone, absolute promise, even if I am the only one doing it, Sli in general speaking, :)

4 1080ti's??? Bring it on.

Let's make that 4 of your 1080ti's to very good use...

I will be eventually there but taking things slowly.

Going to 980ti's then eventually to 1080ti's, going one step at a time, kinda no rush getting there.

Thank you for posting.

If your absolutely 110% committed to do 4 1080ti's and to really get them to work, try starting a new thread, I can provide some assistance if need be, or if you feel more comfortable of posting it on this particular thread, that's fine also, whatever works for you.

Believe me, if I was not doing any 4-way sli stuff and I was seeing this on a forum, any forum for that matter, nothing will interest me more then this will, not even the RTX 3xxx series and so forth, I mean I pay very close attn. to those but far as keeping my interest, deep and down, this would be it, simply because very few people even do it, let alone, concentrate it on a game and try to get the very best of out it.

EDIT: Forgot you was running under H20, sorry about that, but I see some big temp gaps in your readings.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  8. Matrices4

Matrices4 Guest

GPU:
    4-way 1080 Ti/11 GB

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, specifically 1607 (Anniversary Edition). I have a total of 96 GiB of DDR4-3200 SDRAM, and I can get as much as 50 GiB of RAM usage total when running 7680x4800 resolution in FFXV, but I get a lot of lag and stutter. All of the SLI bits I've used were just a modification of the stock GTA V one, all I did was replace the first digit with an 8, then copied and pasted it to use in FFXV. As far as GTA IV, I just used existing custom SLI bits I found on Guru3D and 3DCenter, which worked best for my purpose. Unfortunately, there is a lot of crashes for me with GTA V, I have a lot of stutter and freezes and eventually I get a loud alert sound and a crash to desktop scenario; I really don't know what I'm doing.

I'm trying very hard to figure out exactly how to work with SLI broadcast bits, SLI compatibility bits--global, DX9, DX10+DX11, OGL, and DX12--but it's extremely confusing to me. I have no reference guide whatsoever to know what any of these bits do, and how to ensure I'm actually using the SFR mode or not, or if I'm using AFR or some other mode. I want to create mainly SFR profiles, and I want to get OGL applications scaling too, but unfortunately I have only been able to hack away at getting DX11 to scale at all--today I actually managed to get PCSX2 emulator and Dolphin emulator scaling, for Jak II, and Star Fox Adventures, respectively; sadly, I have tons of graphical glitches. I was able to remove some of them, as I spend most time optimizing Star Fox Adventures in Dolphin emulator, using the SLI specific hacks for DX11, but it just seems way too much work even for me to get rid of all the glitches while maintaining the scaling, which is hard because everything is extremely cryptic to understand as I have no idea what I'm doing--I'm just guessing my way through this and hoping stuff sticks.

The main reason my GPUs have widely varying temperatures is because one of the waterblocks I'm using probably has bad contact, and the last GPU is on air cooling. The first two are watercooled but those were properly fitted with waterblocks before I bought them. I have to fix those temp issues as it is hurting my potential performance, but it's going to be a while. This is all I've got for now.

9. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Those are some great results i didn't even think 4x 1080ti would be functional, do you have any issues with FFXV? For me the game randomly drops back to 1gpu performance or crashes. If i fix the performance issues i get a constant flickering so i think im doing something wrong.

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Don't worry about DX12 or Vulkan, can't tune worth nothing.

I tried doing DX12 with Rise of Tomb Raider, right off the back, with no bit tuning, it wants to scale but its bouncing back and forth.

Next, I tried doing some bit tuning, even just small minute change, the game will not start, no matter which hex you use within the Sli Compatibility (DX12) Bits.

I would mainly focus on DX9/DX10/DX11 and perhaps OGL.

I am more experienced on DX10/DX11.

DX12/Vulkan = Best to stick to 2-way sli, all others, don't even attempt it.

Do you own Rise of Tomb Raider???

If you own this game, perhaps give it a try, my bits are on page 31(Final Conclusion for this game). Curious your scaling results would be under SSAx2, really dying to know, but just heads up, only been tested on the 970's so do it on your own risk, really up to you, but extremely curious of the results.

Another game that I would die to see on your results is Mass Effect 1 or 2 with MSAA+SGSSAA injection applied, boy I would love to see results on 4 1080ti's on this sucker, 4k + 8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA = Absolute brutal/raw gpu power here will be needed, it moves fine on my 4-way sli 970's, would love to see your results on your end, even the RTX 3090 wouldn't even sustain 60 fps(Depending on location in the game and situation) with this incredible high override settings, not even close. holy rigatoni.

If my 4-way 970's scaling is running in excellent scaling performance, it is slightly faster then a 2080ti.

Speaking about Mass Effect 1, My final conclusion(Revisited from a year later), is on page 32, so check it out, got tons of results up.

Also, thanks for the heads up on which OS your using, Couldn't even believe the 45x.xx branch drivers are working for you, I know on my side, it does not, I mainly use branch: 43x.xx and under, anything higher, it will not work period.

Maybe it has to do with the os your using perhaps??? Rather interesting.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FLASHING/MISSING TEXTURE ANOMALY UNDER 1 GPU MODE - UPDATE - 9/30/20:

Found something that you all must be aware about.

For those who are tuning this game in general, there is one particular parameter within the Engine.ini file:

Underneath:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]

do NOT add the following Parameter:

r.HZBOcclusion=1

If I find anything more, I'll revise it.

Some games, this parameter is a must under sli mode.

But for now, do not use this parameter under 1 gpu mode, Thanks.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL/HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CURRENT STATS ON BOTH GAMES - 10/1/20:

Current stats on both games:

Lets start with Hellpoint first:

All in all, I would say best to keep it under 3-way sli for the time being, AA will look quite a bit better but will leave slight blur trail while moving your camera, under 2-way sli, there is a image blur imprint left on the screen.

I am still having problems trying to get 4-gpu's to scale in certain directions that the main charc is facing, but honestly, its really not needed, 3-way should be more then enough for this game.

Stuttering: I double checked from 2-way through 4-way sli, the stuttering frequency is roughly about the same on all 4, so I am very hard at working on the issue, and no, even lowering the Editresolution to very low, all graphic quality settings set to the lowest and even texture: Set to eighth(Lowest), does not matter.

So, currently the problems I am facing now for Hellpoint is: Keeping the overall scaling up to par and work on the stuttering issue.

Also, for Hellpoint, you might want to go over 3840x2400 resolution to help keep your scaling, well PACKED down(If your doing 3-way sli or more).

Speaking about keeping the overall scaling well PACKED down within Hellpoint, please disable your shadows for the time being till I find a work around, you will experience reduced scaling performance, so please make sure you have this particular graphic setting, off.

Next game: Mortal Shell

One thing I didn't mention is:

This is absolutely required for Sli to even function at all:

For those who are tuning this game in sli mode:

Under Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):

0x0000000<<~~, Please use: "ONLY" the following: Digits: 5,6 & the Letters: A,E, All others will simply will NOT work, SLI won't even kick in worth jack diddle DOO, it will be worse then 1 gpu mode..

Right now, working on Mortal Shell.

Please check back for updates for these 2 games, thanks.

Both games are still currently:

=====WORK IN PROGRESS=====

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Kozary likes this.
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - STUTTERING FIX & CURRENT STATUS - 10/3/20:

1st lets talk about stuttering, I have found the culprit that was causing the stuttering, wasn't to bit surprised from it, its the Effects Setting within your graphic quality setting, make "SURE" you have it on low, you can put it on medium but there is some stutter here and there, I wouldn't go any higher, this was tested at resolution of 4434x2771, and it seems pretty smooth(If the effect settings is set to low), again, anything higher then low, I tested this at very very low resolution, like 1920x1200, and still was doing the same thing, certain things Sli in general don't like.

Next comes the overall status of this game.

Quite a bit of stuff here but try to run down quick as possible:

1st: Just a quick re-cap on things, as before, make 100% absolutely sure, before you even think about launching this game within 4-way sli mode, that you have the game in FullScreen mode, not only that, make "SURE" you completely disable any notifications from EPIC, and all other programs running in windows, otherwise, BSOD, that is a 100% guarantee, there is a small minute chance that you can quickly catch it off guard, CNTRL+ALT+DEL, but the chances of catching it is like nil, so make SURE you have it on fullscreen mode, absolutely no exceptions here.

That includes stuff such as, if your tuning the engine.ini and left it hanging in the middle of the screen or anything for that matter, if launched the game in this condition, Automatic, 100% BSOD, so make SURE that everything is out of the way completely, thanks.

Next, I will provide the current working bits(Not finished) and the engine.ini(Not finished).

But first, when you jump on the game in 4-way sli mode with my custom made bits, you will notice a major flashing white/green anomaly, mostly white, now to get rid of this, before starting up the game, make sure you have your effect settings to ULTRA, no exceptions.

Before going on any further, further investigation into this, you MUST have it on native resolution or higher, but don't go to much higher as the ULTRA effect settings will not reduce the anomaly to a dead screeching halt.

For example, 2560x1600 with Effect Setting to ultra = Works, 3840x2400 = Works, 4434x2771 = X.

Another setting that will make your scaling kick in is Shadows, if set to high but we don't want to set it just yet, as doing so before you jump on the game, will increase the graphic anomaly problem, so while loading your saved game, right when your in the game, change your Shadow quality setting to high, then up your resolution to like 4434x2771, to make good use of the scaling, you must go higher then 3840x2400.

Then from here, don't you dare move a step as by doing so, you will get a 100% guarantee in-game crash.

EDIT on 10/4/20: Forgot to add this eariler, within Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~ If this is not being used, you won't have the crash but in turn, weaker scaling performance, so I highly advise to be used, thanks.

To prevent this, right after you change your shadows to high then set your resolution higher then 4k, set every graphic setting to low, all at one time, afterwards, run around for a bit, then set your shadows to high, keep Tex to low(For the time being), effect to low(Need to keep it on low as on 4-way sli systems, stuttering will be more pronounced, do NOT go anything higher then medium), View Distance to low(For the time being), Foliage to Medium, AA to High.

And no, I would not say perfect scaling, YET, still very hard working improving the overall scaling performance, probably at this point, 3-way sli at best or just a slightly better then 3-way performance.

Truthfully, 4-way sli is not really needed in this game, I can play this game @ 1600p, medium settings, runs like 60+fps, max settings, over 30 fps easy under 1 gpu mode, so the GTX 970 is still a very capable card, its still does the job pretty good, pretty impressed how old this card is and still functioning very nicely.

But its a 4-way sli project, and its my job and duty to get this game, under 4-way sli, at its best, no exceptions.

like before, for those who are tuning this game under 4-way sli mode, make sure your resolution is higher then 4k, otherwise you will get into scaling issues...

One more thing, post processing, it MUST be turned to low, otherwise your overall scaling, drastically goes down, I have yet to pin point exactly which particular parameter within post processing is causing it but I did some changes within the engine.ini file and post processing doesn't take a hit at all, so something I did really effected it.

Game is far from being done, working extremely hard on this game.

Current working bits(Tested "ONLY" on GTX 970's/Quadro 392.61 Drivers/RS2(15063.V1703)RTM WIN 10x64:

1 - COMPATIBLITY:

SLI BROADCAST (DX1x) BITS: 0x1000090A

SLI COMPATIBILITY (DX10+DX11) BITS: 0x8B0B25F5(Set 0x0<<~~ to digit 0 for 1 gpu mode to 3-way sli).

SLI COPY ENGINE: 0x00000020 FORCE_CE_UPLOADS Force - Copy Engine Async Uploads for all uploads (ignoring location of destination surface).

SLI SPECIFIC HACKS (DX1x): 0xD0000B70

6 - SLI:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: Enabled

SLI RENDERING MODE: AFR of SFR(All others, set to autoselect).

SET # OF GPU's, BOTH predefined(DX1x) and Sli rendering mode to: FOUR.

8 - extra:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

COLORCOMPRESSENABLE: 0x25558997 On

CULL_BEFORE_FETCH: 0x00000007 Always

LARGE_VA: 0x00000003 Enable_LargeVA_Quadro_Tesla - Enable large VA on Quadro Tesla GPUs.

PS_ASYNC_SHADER_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00002000 DISABLE_SHADER_CREATION - Compile multiple shaders in parallel at creation.

STAGING_CACHE_SIZE: 0x01000001 Max

unknown ID settings:

0x70F8E408: (28 Profiles):
    0x0000000D (Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017), Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Sniper Elite 4 (DX12),etc,etc,etc.

0x809D5F60: 0x08000001 (Battlefield 1, Sid Meier's Civilization VI, Total War: WARHAMMER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo Wars 2, Ashes of the Singularity,etc,etc,etc.

Far as engine.ini is concerned, here they are, Far from being finished:

r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
    r.MultithreadedLightmapEncode=1
    r.MultithreadedShadowmapEncode=1
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=0
    r.SSS.Filter=0
    r.SSS.SampleSet=0
    r.SSS.Checkerboard=0
    r.AOSampleSet=0
    r.AOUseHistory=0
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.SSR.Temporal=0
    r.SSAOSmartBlur=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Yes, alof of the stuff above is set to 0, I need to eliminate all possible stuff that could effect the scaling or graphic anomalies in general, if anything changes along the way, it will be revised, for now, this is what I am using.

There you all have it, if anything changes along the way, it will be revised, but this is the current, most up to date working bits for this game.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BREAKING NEWS ON 4-WAY SLI SCALING - 10/5/20:

And the moment we been waiting for:

I can now confirm 100%, 4-way is now officially working with this game, in about 20+ hrs in this game(All nothing but tuning).

First of all, there is a cpu unpark program I used with this game just recently, I also used this program for the game: echo, it seems to make very slight difference:

https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

Before I begin on what really brought it up the scaling, first, I basically went through all of the necessary unknown ID settings within nvidia inspector, took a very good deal of time going through them, I got slight performance increase, those unknown ID settings will be discussed on the final conclusion of this game.

Next comes the big one, I did some changes within the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000<<~~ Was set to digit 9, now set to letter: C

&

0x00000000<<~~ Was set to letter A, now set to digit: 1

And yes, there is graphic anomalies present, mainly flashing textures, again, keep toggling your effect settings back and forth until it settles down(Just like Mechwarrior V),Going to be more stubborn then Mechwarrior V so just heads up on it.

EDIT:

Another heads up, Although the scaling for 4-way sli is there, getting there is very tough, I have to toggle the effect settings in hopes to signal the scaling, not very easy while trying to stabilize the graphic anomalies at the same time, in process of working to bring it forth more often.

Another thing that you all must be aware about, for those who are tuning this game in sli in general:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, when this is being used:

0x00000C05

You will see basically same performance as:

0x0000090A

The only difference is, with the exception of flashing textures, the gpu usage will read more correctly, if: 0x00000C05 is used, Think its mainly coming 0x00000000<<~~, the digit 5.

You can see the correct gpu usage, as oppose to the 0x0000090A, as this particular one, if used, all gpu usage will be well over 90%, when in reality its really only using up to 3-way sli performance, so just something to be aware about, again, this the main reason why I said many times in the past, "NEVER", under no circumstances whatsoever, if your tuning a game in sli in general, that you shall go by that gpu usage, this is one of the very fewest reason why you don't go by it, always check 1 gpu performance then go up from there to be 110% absolutely certain that sli is working correctly, thanks.

Some quick performance results:

In Area 2, here are the results in Static/No Movement/Performance,

Shadows: Med//Tex: Med//Effects: Ultra//View Distance: Low//Post Processing: Med//Foliage: Med//AA: High//Resolution: 4434x2771:

1 GPU: 26-27 FPS

4 GPUS: 95-96 FPS

Shadows: Med//Tex: Med//Effects: Low//View Distance: Low//Post Processing: Med//Foliage: Med//AA: High//Resolution: 4434x2771:

1 GPU: 31 FPS

4 GPU's: 105-106 FPS

Here is my latest Engine.ini:

r.EnableAsyncComputeTranslucencyLightingVolumeClear=1
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.EarlyZPassMovable=1
    r.EarlyZPass=1
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.DetailMode=1
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=0
    r.SSS.Filter=0
    r.SSS.SampleSet=0
    r.SSS.Checkerboard=0
    r.AOSampleSet=0
    r.AOUseHistory=0
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.SSR.Temporal=0
    r.SSAOSmartBlur=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Again, Effects on ultra seems to have more stuttering but on low, there is some but not where near as bad.

Very hard at working on improving more on the 4-way sli scaling performance, Very hard on reducing graphic anomalies and also overall smoothness of the game.

My entire focus is on this game ATM, this is looking alot better then Hellpoint in general.

I also looked back @ MechWarrior V//The Vanishing of Ethan Carter(Redux)// & Echo, All 3 games uses the Unreal Engine 4, I used them as reference as I worked on all 3 of these before.

Holy Jesus!, this game is Absolutely, downright crazy to tune, man your not F'in kiddin, SMH.

Mortal Shell is still currently:

===work in progress===

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - OUT OF CONTROL/WATER EFFECTS FIX & MISC - 10/6/20:

Extremely hard at work on this game.

Been trying very hard to find the actual cause of the absolute, out of control, water effects.

For instance, in area 2(Forest Area), when getting near the water areas, the whole section goes into total Havoc, with graphical anomalies that is totally insane, and yes, this also effects your scaling, the water graphic anomaly effects is extremely bad, even if you leave the area, your scaling is drastically reduced and have to toggle your effects settings to get it going again but I have found a work around the issue to where its almost stabilized, the anomaly is still there, just the amount of frequency on screen is drastically reduced, not only that, doesn't effect 4-way scaling that much, if it does, it will come back to normal in no time.

First, go to your Engine.ini,

Underneath: [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings], add the following parameter:

r.TonemapperQuality=0

And your all set to go, its still there but its no where near as bad.

EDIT ON 10/7/20:

Situation has come back again, ergh, trying to find another route of the problem, I tried Vsync on = X, Everything set to low = X, so hard at work finding the problem or problems.

EDIT #2 ON 10/7/20:

Further investigation on this issue, seems like its an sli issue, seems 2-way sli reacts alot better, still more testing needs to be done as I have tons of stuff within the engine.ini, alot of screen filters/blur/ssr/ao,etc,etc, all of them are disabled to route the exact cause of it, but seems like 2-way doesn't show up as bad, so as of now, please stick to 2-way until further notice, thanks.

You might experience, for instance in area 2(Forest Area, where, all the sudden, some portions of your background appears to be missing, the collision detection of the missing background/terrain is still there so just heads up on it. To bring back the missing background stuff, try toggling your effects settings, you might get some flashing stuff again, once its kinda settle down, just change your resolution to a lesser one, then go back to the original tuning resolution that you were on, should be ok now, if the missing background is still coming back, go back to the main title screen, and re-load your saved game and try again.

Another thing I want to discuss about, is AntiAliasing.

AntiAliasing from High and above, it is working but leaves some shaky like effect(Similar to MechWarrior V), there was one time where I got a crayon like/smear effect while under 4-way(Provided best overall image quality).

Another thing that has been changed drastically is:

Within Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000000<<~~ Was set to digit: 1, now its set to 0, now it looks like this:

0x00000C00

If your using 2-way or 3-way sli, please disregard of using the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, use both Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) & Specific Hacks (DX1x) Bits instead.

For the final conclusion:

2-way gpu: resolution will be: 2560x1600//res. scale slider set to 100%

3-way gpu: resolution set @: 3840x2400//res. scale slider set to 100%

4-way gpu: resolution set to: 3840x2400//res. scale slider: 125%//Texture set to ultra(Anything over 119%, textures appears to be low, all others don't have this issue, due to using the parameter: r.DetailMode=1.

All 3 modes are scaling very very very good.

I will make an announcement on the warming up to the final conclusion to this game.

All I can say is the tuning difficulty for this game is extremely advanced, not as sensitive as MechWarrior V, that game there is alot of precaution that has to be met, Mortal Shell is Extremely challenging, when it comes the tuning of this game, easily need: Well over a year's worth of 4-way sli tuning experience, no doubt about it.

Stay tuned for further announcements, thanks for reading.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - OUT OF CONTROL/WATER EFFECTS @ FALLGRIM & MISC. PT. 2:

Much further investigation into this anomaly, routing it down to Sli problem.

When you get into these Water spots in this area(Fallgrim), this pertain to what I understand, 3-way and 4-way sli, soon as you hop into these water areas, you will see absolute massive/out of control/huge pillars like/Out of control flashing, water effects.

Under 2-way sli mode, soon as you hop into these spots, it wants to kick in but instead, all the water effect anomaly just doesn't show up, if it does, its no where near as bad, not even close to other sli modes.

Not only that, your scaling doesn't get effected at all from my own experience with this game.

It usually only pertains certain water locations, you can see if its hopping/bouncing up and down, these are the locations that this anomaly will appear, but under 2-way sli mode, you should be more then ok.

Its just that one spot/location in Fallgrim that I am having problem with, other then that, seems fine.

So as of now, in this zone, please only stick to 2-way sli mode until further notice.

For those who are very serious tuning this game under 3-way/4-way sli modes, There is absolutely no work around this issue, as under 3-way/4-way sli modes, I have completely disabled everything known to man within the engine.ini, nope, no can do, infact, there is one particular parameter called:

r.SceneColorFormat(Defines the memory layout (RGBA) used for the scene color (affects performance, mostly through bandwidth, quality especially with translucency).

If switch to =0, basically, all of your colors, everything is virtually gone, mise not even play the game, it is when played in this condition, that the water effect anomaly will be kept 100% at bay when under 3-way/4-way sli modes, but when putting the setting to =0, it is for testing purposes only, do NOT play under this condition, thanks.

Under 3-way/4-way sli in these water spot location, once the anomaly starts its thing, your scaling is also drastically reduced, you can bring it up to par by toying with the Effects/Shadow quality settings, but the water pillar that fills the area, even if your scaling is back up to speed, its still setting there, still, more testing needed, I'll give more further announcements very soon.

Also, even under 2-way sli modes, when messing with your quality settings, you might get extra background layer textures appearing out of nowhere thats not even in the normal game, yes you can even go through it and some of these textures will move on its own, left and right, best to go back to the main screen and reload your saved game and try over again.

You might even experience some missing background textures(Can even use it to your advantage while viewing in general), if your experience this, try toggling your effects settings to high or ultra, it might appear again, flashing,etc, if operating under 2-way sli mode, from this point, change your resolution to a lesser value then revert back, should correct the issue, if it doesn't work, try it once more or toy with the effects settings, no way around it.

Also in regards about AA set to high or above while under 2-way sli mode, same as 4-way sli, you will experience, shaky like effect(Just like Mechwarrior V), anomaly, very obvious if your looking at the bushes and such, and also, you will experience a image blur trail that stays on the screen while playing the game, there is a work around this issue:

When you first re-load your saved game, Well before going any further, under 2-way sli mode, my Gameusersettings looks like this:

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=1
    sg.ShadowQuality=1
    sg.PostProcessQuality=1
    sg.TextureQuality=3
    sg.FoliageQuality=3
    sg.ShadingQuality=2
    sg.EffectsQuality=1
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3

Do not increase anything more as doing so, will increase MS(Frametime) and MS spikes in general.

So after reloading your saved game, reduce your AA to Medium and shadow to Medium.

If your playing @ 1440p, try reducing your resolution to a lower one, then revert back, might take couple of times but eventually everything should be settle down far as graphic flashing anomaly is concerned.

Once its settle down, change your AA to high or to ultra, you will see some flashing in the background and the image imprint, at this point, try toggling your shadows to low and to medium or even higher, but make sure its on medium or low when it settles down as anything higher, you will have some flashing anomaly on certain parts of the terrain.

So under 2-way sli mode, My engine.ini looks like this:

r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.EarlyZPassMovable=1
    r.EarlyZPass=1
    r.HZBOcclusion=2
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.DetailMode=1

I am now working in a particular location: Fallgrim tower.

I barely even scrapped the surface of this game, its taking this long to work on everything and not even scrapping the surface of this game, now you all know how hard it is to tune in general and why everyone has stayed away from sli or yet alone 3-way or higher as this is the stuff you all have to deal with, my recommendations to everything is always been to stick with 1 gpu on any game, but this is what I love to do and give full report on people who is interested of doing something like this, again, certain things to work on can be very downright stubborn or even extremely annoying to say at least.

But that is my job, to make the game that I am working on, to operate to its best of its abilities with no(Hopefully in the end) graphic anomalies.

I might venture forth more into this game and see how sli will react in general, will defin't give heads up very soon.

Far as nvidia inspector/bit tuning,etc is concerned, I am all done with that, not going to change anything.

Total in-game time, over 31 hrs(Not including Nvidia Inspector Tuning nor UE4 engine.ini tuning), ALL dedicated to tuning, nothing more.

For current working bits, please look on the previous post, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MASSIVE UPDATE ON FLASHING/MISSING TEXTURES,ETC: 10/9/20:

More great news coming along with this game.

I finally managed to get the Flashing/Missing textures along with Uncontrollable water effects well under control...

Also while playing the game in general, the surrounding environment/Terrain also looks and appears as it should be, no flashing whatsoever, and within the screen itself, no flashing anomaly, very very very good news.

I had to retune some of my custom made bits.

I had to make some adjustments.

First lets go over with the 1st one, Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~(As per remainder, some games, this particular hex is "Required", thank you) This was used all the time, now its not being used, This was causing the flashing and missing textures while toying around with your graphic quality settings but at the same time this adjustment was made, Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits was changed as well:

Within Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000<<~~ Was set to Letter C, now its set to Digit: 3

&

0x00000000<<~~ Lately was not being used, now set to Letter: A

The Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits change is required due to the 0x00<<~~ change within the Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

Also, on top of that, for tuning/testing purposes only, I made some changes within the engine.ini, as before, scaling would not kick in as good when I was using my previous engine.ini, now, with everything disabled, scaling is infact kicking in.

I have to route parameter to parameter to which one is effected.

This is how my engine.ini looks now:

r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.EarlyZPassMovable=1
    r.EarlyZPass=1
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    r.Upscale.Quality=0
    r.RefractionQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=0
    r.HZBOcclusion=2
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.DetailMode=1
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=0
    r.SSS.Filter=0
    r.SSS.SampleSet=0
    r.SSS.Checkerboard=0
    r.AOSampleSet=0
    r.AOUseHistory=0
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.SSR.Temporal=0
    r.SSAOSmartBlur=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Can not stress this enough, your still going to get some anomaly in the water in general but the actual out of control effects, NO.

Please make "SURE" to set your effects setting to ultra prior to launching/loading your saved game as you will experience Massive white/flashing anomaly, many thanks.

Also, to bring your scaling up to speed, try toying around with your shadow quality settings, IF your going to be using the new engine.ini/bits,change, thank you.

I got some flashing stuff in the game, mainly from torch lighted areas, as I didn't disable them within the engine.ini, but really its not to bad.

I would say at this rate, Scaling performance within 4-way vs 1 gpu, about 50% or so on the 4th gpu, @ Resolution of 3840x2400(4k/16:10 Aspect Ratio)/Resolution Scale: 119%, so yes its kicking in but that's with the above engine.ini.

So I have to personally route down within the engine.ini, Eliminate certain parameters, one by one, to see which one would drag the scaling down.

If your using the previous bits change, you don't need to do the above engine.ini change, you can use the one I described on the previous post.

Alot more tuning needs to be done, so far, looking very good, just takes a very long time to accomplish a task such as this, it is not very easy to deal with.

I did test some scaling under 4-way sli within the Fallgrim tower, venturing outside will give you better scaling.

Also, to top it off, Anti-Aliasing:

Anti-Aliasing is now working and without no shaky like effect instead the blur like trail while moving, really not to bad but it is alot better image quality as before so very good news here.

Everything is coming along well, just lots of time in the end pretty much.

Be sure to check more further updates on this game as I will be venturing more in this game and how the overall scaling will react...

But now I am in the process doing some engine.ini work, so stay tuned for more updates.

Mortal Shell is still currently:

=====Work in progress=====

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - QUADRO DRIVERS 392.62 TEST + CURRENT STATS - UPDATE - 10/13/20:

Before moving on to current stats to this game, lets talk about Quadro Drivers: 392.62.

I gave these drivers a try and as I originally expected, 4-way sli works perfectly, so for those who are tuning this game, these drivers perform good as the 392.61.

Ok, Current stats:

First lets talk about overall scaling:

Scaling is absolutely magnificent for the most part but here comes some of the issues I am still coming across:

I am still trying to find alternatives to the flashing/missing textures when this bits/hex is applied:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~ This hex here will significantly boost your overall scaling potential from 2-way to 4-way sli but certain flashing/missing textures will be present but can be further neutralized when toying around with the effects/shadow quality settings, but there is still some bad stuff about this while doing so:

Here comes the most stubborn part when neutralizing this situation:

When everything is settled down, almost like 98-100% of the time, only the actual ground textures and such are visible, Rarely you might get everything stabilized in the beginning but very very very hard to do, the ones that appears to be missing are stuff like buildings,doors,cement walls,etc,etc,etc and they are triggered in certain spots in the game and the chances of bringing back to normal is extremely hard.

I then try to look for another alternatives, 1st I gave this a try:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~ I did NOT use this hex at all, so I set to digit 0(Unused).

This time, the flashing/missing texture anomaly is virtually gone but in turn decreased scaling performance.

So what I did next is alot of Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits & Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) Tuning/along with alot more Engine.ini tuning and all was a no go, there was some minute increase in performance but no where as using the 0x00<<~~ under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) bits.

I checked under 2-way sli while doing some of the above alternatives, difference is like 6 fps or so, that is huge gains while doing 4k(2400p) @ res. scale: 115%.

So, you can use 0x00<<~~ but your going to have massive issues of trying to stabilize the flashing/messing textures(Pertains to 2-way sli as well), even if you stabilized everything, it will be a matter of time before it will act up again, and when it does, chances of stabilizing everything from here, is basically 0%, from my own personal testing.

So I been extremely/very hard at work of trying to beef up the overall scaling potential without using:

From Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~ This one.

and I am getting like 3-way performance under 4-way sli mode in this condition, but if I use this particular hex, the scaling is basically almost perfect in some cases.

Just in example of the performance thus far for this game.

This is within Fallgrim/Fallgrim tower, Static/No movement performance:

4 spots, same angle and all:

RESULTS:

Static #1:

1 GPU: 27 FPS / 4 GPU's: 103 FPS

Static #2:

1 GPU: 23 FPS / 4 GPU's: 89 FPS

Static: #3:

1 GPU: 22-23 FPS / 4 GPU's: 79 FPS

Static #4:

1 GPU: 20 FPS / 4 GPU's: 76 FPS

As before, the scaling is extremely good for the most part, its just when you trying to stabilize the missing/flashing textures at first, it is extremely hard, even if you did managed to get it the first time upon loading your saved game, chances are, the next time while playing the game, is basically 0% rate, it will take considerable amount of time on your side that its just flat out ain't worth it.

I have not venture further then fallgrim yet, I am still trying to work around some issues.

I did basically everything I could with this game that I am flat out exhausted...

For anyone who is interested, this is my final engine.ini looks like now, probably won't be changing it:

r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.GPUBusyWait=0
    r.PreTileTextures=1
    r.EarlyZPassMovable=1
    r.EarlyZPass=0
    r.HZBOcclusion=0
    r.RefractionQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=0
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.DetailMode=1
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0

Speaking about Motion Blur, forgot to tell you all that this particular setting, I very strongly recommend shutting it off...

I checked 1 gpu performance, with this setting, both on and off, and the difference was basically nil, on the other hand, while being turned on under 4-way sli mode, I have seen like up to 5 fps drop, so my recommendation is that, do not use this setting if your after the best possible scaling performance, many thanks.

So if any more significant changes occur, hopefully soon, I'll post the current situation of this game thus far.

Current tuning time(Only in-game/NOT including Nvidia inspector/UE4 engine.ini tuning): roughly 48 hrs, 110% strictly nothing but tuning while during in-game play.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT ON 10/14/20:

Those of you who are just using 1 gpu in general, you all must be aware of this at all times:

Lets say you loaded your saved game and right off the back your fps is 27.

Technically its not 27, could be much higher.

There seems to be an issue with the fps fluctuation upon loading up saved game.

This also pertains to sli in general.

To refresh your performance, simply toggle your shadow quality settings to high, then to medium then lastly to low(If its already set to low to begin with), should see big difference.

Regardless of the shadow quality settings, try adjusting it to High then back to your desired setting, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CRITICAL IMPORTANCE IN REGARDS ABOUT BSOD - 10/14/20:

I didn't announce this on the last post but I will do so now.

This is extremely important, and before I begin, seems 2-way is not effected in this issue so anyone who's tuning/playing this game under 2-way sli, please disregard these issues, thanks.

Lets start with the most/critical topic about this game: BSOD

I'll go step by step, as before, please have this game on FULLSCREEN mode prior to launching the game or you will have BSOD, 100% guarantee right off the back.

Furthermore on prior to launching the game, make 110% sure that "ALL" Overlays and what not are completely disabled, including the watermark that appears within win 10(Activate Windows), and yes I am not kidding you all about the watermark, already confirmed it and also includes Geforce experience, even if you completely disabled Geforce Experience Overlays, it will still cause issues, so please completely uninstall it prior to playing this game. can not stress this enough: "All" Overlays in general, "MUST" be 100% disabled prior to play, Includes also the following: "ANY" kind of program in general that has notifications or popups, thank you.

EDIT: There was one instance where I managed to do CNTRL+ALT+DEL when I had the activate windows watermark prior to launching the game but again, absolutely no guarantee's whatsoever, if you happened to catch it real quick, you might be in luck but 0 guarantee's.

If you have other watermark like test enabled(Like using programs such as: DSEO(Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider) or build version number of your windows on the bottom right of the windows screen, seems you should be fine, does not lock on me, so no worries about this.

If you have documents,etc being opened up or being worked on(Engine.ini/Gameusersettings,etc), make sure you completely minimize the documents to the bottom task bar of windows, do NOT leave it hanging open prior to launching the game, otherwise 110% guarantee BSOD.

One another thing, right when you launch the game, during the first several seconds(Right before it goes into fullscreen mode), keep tapping your mouse button cursor on the screen so it can get into fullscreen mode, failure to do this will result in a hang and or a complete hard reset is needed, 1 gpu mode has this problem but can easily get back into the game.

Failure to meet all of these Very Extreme protocols while under 3-way sli or more, will result in a 110% guarantee BSOD, so for those who are extremely serious of tuning this game as a project in 3-way sli or more, please follow these critical procedures, these are to be taken very very seriously, Thanks.

Also, prior to launching the game, the game does not immediately go into fullscreen mode, rather it goes to, what it seems, borderless windows mode, about several seconds after, it will go into fullscreen mode, this is where the bsod will take place(first several seconds of launching the game if proper protocols are not met).

I had an experience where when loading up the saved game(Rare), right before it wants to get into the game, the game might shift to another screen method, causing the game to hang completely, you might get a chance to do ALT+CNTRL+DEL to sign off, but even then, you might get stuck during signing off or trying to do restart, might need to do a complete hard reset, just heads up on everyone on this.

Also, another thing: When pressing the Z button(To apply your settings) while under your settings in general, if you happened to hit the Windows key button by accident, the game wants to get caught off but it still manages to stay on, just get back on the game and all set, it can happen so be careful not to hit it multiple times.

If anyone has any question about this game in general, Bit Tuning,etc,etc, please do not hesitate to ask, I will look into it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - ANTIALIASING - UPDATE - 10/14/20:

Another thing I didn't really go deep in the performance hit is Anti-Aliasing.

Further observation while using this setting under 4-way sli, it seems to take tremendous hit, I have seen up to like 30 fps or more hit while this is being turned on.

Also, as of how my tuning is now standing, Only high AA and the lesser ones work, ultra doesn't seem to work properly.

Another thing you all must be aware about is the Anti-Aliasing Quality in general:

@ 1600p, at high settings, has better overall Image Quality then it does @ 2400p with Medium settings but while under sli mode in general, medium does not leave a blur trail like while playing(Kinda not to bad in a way). and or some minute bouncing like effect on certain spots on a particular object,etc.

So far as overall scaling performance please leave it on low or to medium until further investigation is done.

I am now looking into to what I can do to help stabilize the FPS drop while AA is set to HIGH.

So as of now, set it to medium or lower, thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020